THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
The issue isn't 8th- I think that's a realistic finishing spot for where this team is at in their development. I always predicted 7th or 8th because I didn't think they would be consistent enough yet over 24 rounds.

The issue is the way they've peaked and fallen away so quickly and can't get it back. If they miss the finals they're the first team to be in the top four at the latest point and miss out- Round 19.

Origin, injuries, long season with inexperienced players have all contributed but the fall has been massive. They're not just losing at the end of the season they're getting pumped.

They've completely lost their attention to detail.

The Titans game stated the rot, they missed too many tackles but won, then they beat the Eels with massive problems.

The coaching staff and message hasn't changed from when they were winning. The message that had people crying premiers hasn't suddenly become miss 57 tackles.

You're going to have a bad month- Roosters and Storm have had them this season- Roosters were 10th but they didn't have them in August and didn't get beaten by 50.

The issue is depth, resilience and defence. They started the first 15 minutes ok last night but then Eels scored- it became I am tired it's too hard and everything fell in a hole.

Robinson plans his season to the letter for August, I am not sure Brisbane have the knowledge or experience to play the long game and it's got to now and everyone is looking for a rest when the good teams had a plan for this week since November and it involved a peak now not a rest.
So coaching is the issue. All of our coaches have been in good systems and should be aware of this .

I don’t think anyone should excuse this side’s slide out of premiership contention, and they were primed and ready to contend for the comp after the first parra game, based on how we thought they were going to perform pre-season. It’s just accepting failure when we’re supposed to be a ‘glamour’ club contending for comps every single season.

The cows would have been expected to finish 8th in a best case scenario pre-season, do you think they’ll be happy if they roll over like dogs Brisbane style in the finals and go out in straight sets?

I don’t think anyone should excuse this side’s slide out of premiership contention, and they were primed and ready to contend for the comp after the first parra game, based on how we thought they were going to perform pre-season. It’s just accepting failure when we’re supposed to be a ‘glamour’ club contending for comps every single season.

The cows would have been expected to finish 8th in a best case scenario pre-season, do you think they’ll be happy if they roll over like dogs Brisbane style in the finals and go out in straight sets?
The Cowboys will go out in straight sets imo. They have been off the pace against the top quality sides, along with a blessed draw.

Excuses no
Reasons yes

The issue isn't 8th- I think that's a realistic finishing spot for where this team is at in their development. I always predicted 7th or 8th because I didn't think they would be consistent enough yet over 24 rounds.

The issue is the way they've peaked and fallen away so quickly and can't get it back. If they miss the finals they're the first team to be in the top four at the latest point and miss out- Round 19.

Origin, injuries, long season with inexperienced players have all contributed but the fall has been massive. They're not just losing at the end of the season they're getting pumped.

They've completely lost their attention to detail.

The Titans game stated the rot, they missed too many tackles but won, then they beat the Eels with massive problems.

The coaching staff and message hasn't changed from when they were winning. The message that had people crying premiers hasn't suddenly become miss 57 tackles.

You're going to have a bad month- Roosters and Storm have had them this season- Roosters were 10th but they didn't have them in August and didn't get beaten by 50.

The issue is depth, resilience and defence. They started the first 15 minutes ok last night but then Eels scored- it became I am tired it's too hard and everything fell in a hole.

Robinson plans his season to the letter for August, I am not sure Brisbane have the knowledge or experience to play the long game and it's got to now and everyone is looking for a rest when the good teams had a plan for this week since November and it involved a peak now not a rest.
With all the media gushing over Robbo ‘planning the roosters run’, It’ll be hillarious if they fall out of the 8.

Fact is they have one of the best rosters in the comp, they have had an ordinary season that got bogged down because the ‘genius’ kept wanting to play the 5/8 at halfback & the halfback at 5/8.

The Cowboys will go out in straight sets imo. They have been off the pace against the top quality sides, along with a blessed draw.
Not sure if they'll drop out in straight sets because I think they win in Townsville against a sharks, parra, etc. but I reckon they could get pumped in an elimination final in Sydney at some point, whether that be a prelim or the GF.

If they win week 1 I'd have them as good chances to get to the GF, but reckon it would be 2017 all over again for them, where they are cannon fodder to a Penrith, Storm, rorters, Souths, etc.

The slide from the top 4 isn't the concerning thing it's the results in which it happened.
With 3 rounds remaining our best possible finish was 2nd and worst was 9th
Cowboys 1st and 7th
Cronulla 2nd and 7th
Melbourne 2nd and 8th
South Sydney 2nd and 8th
Parramatta 2nd and 9th
Roosters 2nd and 10th.
Raiders 6th and 11th

The top 8 this season was so tight if you win or lost a game you could drop from top 4 to struggling for the 8. Our draw seen us playing Parramatta, the roosters and the storm in our last 5, all the teams on the same points or near.

If we don't get flogged next week this season is a pass mark for Kev whether we make the 8 or not.

With all the media gushing over Robbo ‘planning the roosters run’, It’ll be hillarious if they fall out of the 8.

Fact is they have one of the best rosters in the comp, they have had an ordinary season that got bogged down because the ‘genius’ kept wanting to play the 5/8 at halfback & the halfback at 5/8.

It’s not about gushing; you just need to spend one day at the Roosters to see the depth of planning.

It’s not about gushing; you just need to spend one day at the Roosters to see the depth of planning.
Aren’t we meant to have a guy who’s amazing at that? I can’t remember his name

If we don't get flogged next week this season is a pass mark for Kev whether we make the 8 or not.

See, that's not going to fly.

We here at BHQ are a very entitled bunch, for some reason people think the NRL owe it to us to be a top 4 team every single year and when we're not, well you know. It's the coach, the halfback who improved us dramatically, the backrower who last season was in a Grand Final winning team, the refs conspiring against us, it just goes on and on.

We are no better than any other team who found themselves in the bottom 4 and had to work their way back, I repeat, no better. Just because we're the "Broncos" doesn't give us a god given right to be in the top 4 every single year.

As far as I am concerned, whether we get flogged or not it's been a big step forward. To go from a team that couldn't beat anyone except the likes of Canterbury who were just as bad as us (and are still worse, by the way, they haven't improved, despite all the signings) to going to a team that has been a top 8 standard team and at times top 4, it's been a huge step forward. People just need to calm down and stop acting like they think they're entitled to support a team that wins all the time, that's not how it works. If you think it does, you're not a fan.

Aren’t we meant to have a guy who’s amazing at that? I can’t remember his name

Not sure who you mean. I’m just saying they were playing well about a month ago and now they’re not so something in planning has gone wrong. It’s not Kevvie because he hasn’t changed from a month ago.

It could be a lot of things but they haven’t peaked at the Olympics. So some sort of timing is out.

We here at BHQ are a very entitled bunch, for some reason people think the NRL owe it to us to be a top 4 team every single year and when we're not, well you know. It's the coach, the halfback who improved us dramatically, the backrower who last season was in a Grand Final winning team, the refs conspiring against us, it just goes on and on.

We are no better than any other team who found themselves in the bottom 4 and had to work their way back, I repeat, no better. Just because we're the "Broncos" doesn't give us a god given right to be in the top 4 every single year.

As far as I am concerned, whether we get flogged or not it's been a big step forward. To go from a team that couldn't beat anyone except the likes of Canterbury who were just as bad as us (and are still worse, by the way, they haven't improved, despite all the signings) to going to a team that has been a top 8 standard team and at times top 4, it's been a huge step forward. People just need to calm down and stop acting like they think they're entitled to support a team that wins all the time, that's not how it works. If you think it does, you're not a fan.
This season we have beaten every team below us except the Warriors and Tigers who we only played once, Warriors beat the cowboys and tigers have beaten the Eels, Rabbits and unofficially the cowboys.
We beat teams who could finish the year top 4 in the Eels, Sharks and Rabbits twice.
That's a massive step forward from only beating the dogs.

I tend to agree with all of this. While it will be disappointing to not make the finals the improvements in this team have been massive. I think we have put so much effort into this season that we’ve just run out of puff. We have guys playing well above their weight and they have run out of energy. Our late season draw has not helped us with finals ready teams with experienced players hitting form just at the right time as we hit a flat patch.

I think we all get that mate. It's an improvement from the past two years. It's the manner of our last two losses that are concerning.

Not sure who you mean. I’m just saying they were playing well about a month ago and now they’re not so something in planning has gone wrong. It’s not Kevvie because he hasn’t changed from a month ago.

It could be a lot of things but they haven’t peaked at the Olympics. So some sort of timing is out.
Isn’t there an ex army guy who does all the logistics?

Active Now

• theshed
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Aldo
  • Dexter
  • Scdeac
  • Harry Sack
  • Turky Murky
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • TimWhatley
  • Fozz
  • Dreaglor
  • kman
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • broncsgoat
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.