THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Flannagan is both a drug and cap cheat. He shouldn't be in the NRL, and shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

**** cheaters, seriously, **** them.
Drugs are bad, man.

I'm not sure who could be coach but I'll trust judgement of DD and Ikin. I think the Kev choice was sorta forced on them in a way to appease a very divided fan base. Presuming that Kev doesn't improve next season, which he will most likely get, they have time to do their due diligence and make the right call, and probably their most important call of their short tenure. Get this one wrong and Ikin and DD don't look so hot anymore.

Man I was like in the minority when I spoke against giving Walters that 1 year extension before the season even started. It will create stability they said....blah blah blah I wasn't buying it. When Walters kept sticking with Isaako, Turpin, Niu even from last year... I knew he just didn't get it. Hopefully there's a get out of jail clause in Kev's contract or else just pay him off and move on to a new coach, Reynolds isn't getting any younger. I'd head hunt Slater, Cameron Smith, Cronk and Woolf.

Flannagan is both a drug and cap cheat. He shouldn't be in the NRL, and shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

Agreed. **** having him as our coach. You guys are off ya head!

I'd take a cloned Stalin as coach if it meant a premiership.
same, i subscribe to the leigh matthews POV, "i'd sign a serial killer if it helped us win a premiership". losers cry about growth and development and doing their best and winners do whatever the **** they want.

I don't recall you making a single post during our winning streak, you came back after the tigers game.
Are you talking about this specific thread? This is not where my comments have been, especially regarding selections and rotations. Good to know you keep such a close eye on me though.

Kev will obviously get next year to redeem himself but his career is on the edge

The Disappointment for me is the lack of development in our defensive structure.
It takes a few off seasons to hone what Penriff do. I hate it , but they do the catch hold and force back then 3rd man flop perfectly nearly every tackle. They all know their job is to buy time to set the line then race up to do it again.

Our attack was good but it's suffered mostly from not defending well enough and also from our many errors not giving us field position.

Individually though is where I'm disappointed with the coaching.
We only have a few improved players , patty then Ezra and Selwynn have improved or added to their game and I would put that down to natural progression for tha later 2.

Staggs still has no flick pass and barely contributes from dummy half as an example.
Capewell is largely going through the motions, Haas has no offload or quick play the ball.
I wasn't a fan of Kev from the start , still not.

Kev will obviously get next year to redeem himself but his career is on the edge

The Disappointment for me is the lack of development in our defensive structure.
It takes a few off seasons to hone what Penriff do. I hate it , but they do the catch hold and force back then 3rd man flop perfectly nearly every tackle. They all know their job is to buy time to set the line then race up to do it again.

Our attack was good but it's suffered mostly from not defending well enough and also from our many errors not giving us field position.

Individually though is where I'm disappointed with the coaching.
We only have a few improved players , patty then Ezra and Selwynn have improved or added to their game and I would put that down to natural progression for tha later 2.

Staggs still has no flick pass and barely contributes from dummy half as an example.
Capewell is largely going through the motions, Haas has no offload or quick play the ball.
I wasn't a fan of Kev from the start , still not.
This isn’t to bash on Kev but just a comment, I actually don’t think Ezra or Cobbo are doing anything they weren’t already capable of before first grade. Raw natural talent

I want to have an objective discussion here which is understandably hard after a month like this but what has happened? Kevvie had them going well back end of last year and they were humming along earlier this year, not even that long ago in fact, even after Haas did his sackable offense. So then what has happened since that has caused the wheels to fall off, self-imolate and erase itself from history? I mean to me, this is the biggest issue. What has happened?
I think it is a case of overachieving to be in or near that top 4 group of teams. Almost the worst thing that happened to us was to convince the rest of the league world whether it be media, other teams or fans that we were a premiership dark horse...its like our players thought it was job done and can rest on their laurels.

It seemed like the internal target this year was to make the 8 and pretty much everyone thought that was a given after the parra win. The non origin player wins over Titans and was it Knights? just added to the over confidence in the team.

Walters got a bit cocky with the introduction of Mariner to first grade and other selection choices (some forced to be fair), almost like he could afford to toy with the lineups and enforce the growing opinion he was actually doing a good job coaching the team.

I think in the thread at the start of the year about where we would finish i had 10th so reality seems not far from that, just seems like such a bad result now compared to where we were 5 or 6 weeks ago. That loss against the Tigers was telling, reminiscent of the performance earlier in the year against the Warriors which was an early warning sign.

I'm indifferent to Kevvie being the coach, he is certainly more likeable than our past coaches in general and i am old enough to remember his playing days fondly so he probably gets more leniency from me than others but i wouldn't cry tears if the club went in another direction either.

To be fair to Kev, a team with a spine makeup of Niu/TMM/Walters/Mam/Paix/Turpin and a non consistent presence on the field with Reynolds wasn't really going to scare the top teams when they are firing. I really think we compare poorly in our backrow with Capewell/Riki vs. the teams we need to be better than.

If he can get us into the top 4 and competing the comp I don’t care about his past.

This isn’t to bash on Kev but just a comment, I actually don’t think Ezra or Cobbo are doing anything they weren’t already capable of before first grade. Raw natural talent
Yep , that's what I said, natural progression.

The issue isn't 8th- I think that's a realistic finishing spot for where this team is at in their development. I always predicted 7th or 8th because I didn't think they would be consistent enough yet over 24 rounds.

The issue is the way they've peaked and fallen away so quickly and can't get it back. If they miss the finals they're the first team to be in the top four at the latest point and miss out- Round 19.

Origin, injuries, long season with inexperienced players have all contributed but the fall has been massive. They're not just losing at the end of the season they're getting pumped.

They've completely lost their attention to detail.

The Titans game stated the rot, they missed too many tackles but won, then they beat the Eels with massive problems.

The coaching staff and message hasn't changed from when they were winning. The message that had people crying premiers hasn't suddenly become miss 57 tackles.

You're going to have a bad month- Roosters and Storm have had them this season- Roosters were 10th but they didn't have them in August and didn't get beaten by 50.

The issue is depth, resilience and defence. They started the first 15 minutes ok last night but then Eels scored- it became I am tired it's too hard and everything fell in a hole.

Robinson plans his season to the letter for August, I am not sure Brisbane have the knowledge or experience to play the long game and it's got to now and everyone is looking for a rest when the good teams had a plan for this week since November and it involved a peak now not a rest.

Active Now

• MaroubraBroncos
  • Lostboy
  • BroncoFan94
  • MrRobot
  • Dash
  • marw
  • Xzei
  • Scrummer23
  • Broncorob
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Spike
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • Robboi_321
  • Bish
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.