THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
You upset princess because your footy team lost . Get a life and maybe you won't take it as hard.
Settle down tough guy, just because you are a fair-weather fan that doesn't give a shit, doesnt mean i cant be pissed off at the state of the club. This is a fan forum for the Broncos, you are aware of that right?

Isn't that part obvious. Coates went down Kelly out , to much disruption for a debut at fullback. Put in a fullback that's no doubt been training a a reserve at fullback, who's been playing fullback in qcup.
That way Farnworth doesn't have to adapt even than he already does, makes sense to me. Just because you're on the sack Kevvie train doesn't mean everything he does is reckless
All season Niu hasn’t been good enough for first grade in Kev’s eyes. Then he drops Isaako and still doesn’t think Niu is worthy, opting instead for Farnworth.

All week you train with Farnworth at 1. Kelly gets injured the day before the game and now there is disruption to your spine combination you’ve been working with all week. A winger (who probably shouldnt have been named anyway) does a hammy in the e warm up and you abort your plans for fullback. Now you go into the game with a new 5/8, a half you had just dropped, and on top of that you decide you last minute swap fullback.

You just put Mead on the wing. It’s simple. If Kelly being out was too much of a disruption for Farnworth than why did it take an injury to a winger to have Niu come in?

It’s totally illogical.

Settle down tough guy, just because you are a fair-weather fan that doesn't give a shit, doesnt mean i cant be pissed off at the state of the club. This is a fan forum for the Broncos, you are aware of that right?
Oh sorry I'm the one who needs to settle down , yeah ok .
Just a little perspective , that is all.

Oh sorry I'm the one who needs to settle down , yeah ok .
Just a little perspective , that is all.
Come on, lets have a cuddle, its all good mate.
We both go for the Broncos, im sure we can work through this together.

All season Niu hasn’t been good enough for first grade in Kev’s eyes. Then he drops Isaako and still doesn’t think Niu is worthy, opting instead for Farnworth.

All week you train with Farnworth at 1. Kelly gets injured the day before the game and now there is disruption to your spine combination you’ve been working with all week. A winger (who probably shouldnt have been named anyway) does a hammy in the e warm up and you abort your plans for fullback. Now you go into the game with a new 5/8, a half you had just dropped, and on top of that you decide you last minute swap fullback.

You just put Mead on the wing. It’s simple. If Kelly being out was too much of a disruption for Farnworth than why did it take an injury to a winger to have Niu come in?

It’s totally illogical.
Either way Niu did alright so does it really matter.

It’s totally illogical.

It’s totally illogical.
Did mead travel to canberra

Come on, lets have a cuddle, its all good mate.
We both go for the Broncos, im sure we can work through this together.
I'm fine your the one who called me a twat and to **** off. I just don't see the point in sacking Kevvie yet , it's early days for him. Just get him the help he needs. 🫂

I'm fine your the one who called me a that and to **** off. I just don't see the point in sacking Kevvie yet , it's early days for him. Just get him the help he needs. 🫂
Yea thats fair, and i agree Kevvie needs at least another season.
Its just fucking frustrating because for all intents and purposes we are no better than we were under Seibold.

I was so excited to see Herbie at FB and the change before KO just completely killed whatever optimism I had for the game.

Niu played well but lets remember he had his moments in the centres earlier this season too. Probably deserves another shot there but I seriously worry what question we are asking if he is the answer.

The changes Kev made scream desperation. It is so obvious he's out of his depth and the reactionary selections really don't give any chance for partnerships to form in key positions. Considering the experience both he and his assistant coaches have, they should be doing far better than what they are.

I'm at the point now where I can't make excuses for him because there is no improvement.

Yea thats fair, and i agree Kevvie needs at least another season.
Its just fucking frustrating because for all intents and purposes we are no better than we were under Seibold.
I understand and that's why I've taken a step back. But Kevvie deserves his chance to put his own stamp on this team , bringing in Reynolds is only part of the process.
Donaghy has mentioned that they'll get Kevvie the help he needs, but unfortunately for us fans it's a process. And it was never going to be easy

Although i dont think we should be sacking kevie (as a continual change in head coaches is only going to continue to demonstrate what a basket case this club is and further impact our pulling power with recruitment) i do believe he needs to sack which ever assistant is working on the defensive structures/systems.

We all heard about how defence was the big focus over the off season, but it has not changed at all! In the past two games against lower tier teams we have had 90 put on us. 90!

I have no doubt that we lose hass when he comes off contract. That poor bastard tries his guts out each week and you can see he is miserable.

Although i dont think we should be sacking kevie (as a continual change in head coaches is only going to continue to demonstrate what a basket case this club is and further impact our pulling power with recruitment) i do believe he needs to sack which ever assistant is working on the defensive structures/systems.

We all heard about how defence was the big focus over the off season, but it has not changed at all! In the past two games against lower tier teams we have had 90 put on us. 90!

I have no doubt that we lose hass when he comes off contract. That poor bastard tries his guts out each week and you can see he is miserable.
Carty

Bring back Kearny lol

I was so excited to see Herbie at FB and the change before KO just completely killed whatever optimism I had for the game.

Niu played well but lets remember he had his moments in the centres earlier this season too. Probably deserves another shot there but I seriously worry what question we are asking if he is the answer.

The changes Kev made scream desperation. It is so obvious he's out of his depth and the reactionary selections really don't give any chance for partnerships to form in key positions. Considering the experience both he and his assistant coaches have, they should be doing far better than what they are.

I'm at the point now where I can't make excuses for him because there is no improvement.
I’m sorry I really disagree with you here… I’d love for this to backfire on me but I don’t think Farnworth would ever or could do better than Niu did the other night. That’s the reality of the matter. Herbie is for starters shitter in defence than Tesi and as mentioned before the game and proven throughout shithouse under the high ball. The only thing he could possibly bring is support play as Niu is a more threatening runner of the ball. I think we were all pleasantly surprised by Niu’s support play as well meaning he would. Neither have a pass especially Herbie he has barely played much spine whereas at least Niu has done some time in the halves and all that. So really I think it’s quite ridiculous to continue pushing this Herbie thing. The fact that Niu got put at fullback really showed kevvies lack of faith in Farnworth this week especially considering he had a number of other options in order to keep Herbie at fullback. So if you ask me I think kevvie possibly got it right following his instinct on that one and really with the lack of options on the market he may be shaping as our best option until Cobbo is ready. That’s the way I look at it and I know everybody hear loves Herbie and will put a target on my back or slam me for saying this but it’s the fucken truth.

I don't have any issue with the "chopping and changing" of the lineup so far this season. It was fair enough to give Milford/Dearden/Croft first crack given they were in our top 30 and on proper NRL contracts. When it became clear none of them were going to be part of the picture going forward, it made sense to bring in Hunt/Kelly/Gamble. It's not Kev's fault they've each been unavailable through injury/suspension over the past few weeks.

Gamble reminds me a lot of Lachlan Lewis - a lot of effort, a lot of bravado but maybe there is a reason he's only a possible halves option in a team at the bottom of the table. I can see why Kev wanted a Hunt/Kelly combo last week.

Likewise with the backs, bearing in mind that Staggs has been a big loss there at right centre. Once he's back it will be good to find a more consistent team for the second half of the season to see if any improvement can be made to the defence.

I’m sorry I really disagree with you here… I’d love for this to backfire on me but I don’t think Farnworth would ever or could do better than Niu did the other night. That’s the reality of the matter. Herbie is for starters shitter in defence than Tesi and as mentioned before the game and proven throughout shithouse under the high ball. The only thing he could possibly bring is support play as Niu is a more threatening runner of the ball. I think we were all pleasantly surprised by Niu’s support play as well meaning he would. Neither have a pass especially Herbie he has barely played much spine whereas at least Niu has done some time in the halves and all that. So really I think it’s quite ridiculous to continue pushing this Herbie thing. The fact that Niu got put at fullback really showed kevvies lack of faith in Farnworth this week especially considering he had a number of other options in order to keep Herbie at fullback. So if you ask me I think kevvie possibly got it right following his instinct on that one and really with the lack of options on the market he may be shaping as our best option until Cobbo is ready. That’s the way I look at it and I know everybody hear loves Herbie and will put a target on my back or slam me for saying this but it’s the fucken truth.
Drops ball once and it was a contested catch, hardly fair assessment and the defence stuff is laughable since it was why Niu was dropped from the side to begin with.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.