THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Drops ball once and it was a contested catch, hardly fair assessment and the defence stuff is laughable since it was why Niu was dropped from the side to begin with.
Niu got dropped cause he couldn’t tackle due to his size not due to a lack of understanding (to be fair that did contribute but nowhere near the lack of understanding Herbie has). Herbie got the size and pace to not be beaten and make tackles and yet he is dog shit at it. As for high balls he’s never been good at it and barely got tested, every time they went his direction the ball was barely taken or it hit the deck not a good indication if you ask me, on the other hand Tesi caught everything contested and uncontested

Niu got dropped cause he couldn’t tackle due to his size not due to a lack of understanding (to be fair that did contribute but nowhere near the lack of understanding Herbie has). Herbie got the size and pace to not be beaten and make tackles and yet he is dog shit at it. As for high balls he’s never been good at it and barely got tested, every time they went his direction the ball was barely taken or it hit the deck not a good indication if you ask me, on the other hand Tesi caught everything contested and uncontested
First game on the wing all year apart from the time he covered for Coates in game 1, I haven't seen any evidence to suggest he isn't good on the highball because Centres don't usually hang back for the kick in defence so there is not much information to go from on that, also our first try came off an excellent catch heavily contested and offload pass all from Herbie, 9 times out of 10 that would of gone out or been a knock on from anyone.

Tesi is also incredibly short(he is shorter then even Dufty), if the other teams had time to know he would be at fullback they would definitely target him on the highball.

It's all haphazard swapping and changing that will mess with players heads.

We have 6 rounds to go until the end of round 20 (20 being the amount of games played last season).

We need 188 points to be scored against us to draw with our points against last season. Or 31 points per game

conversely, we only need to score 36 points (or 6 per game) to beat the amount of points we scored in 2020.

Keep the attack coach fire the defence coach.
It's hard to believe they have either. The attack is certainly nothing to write home about. Only the Knights and Bulldogs have scored fewer points.

I have to bring this up again: what the **** does Allan Langer do? Our halves have been a carousel of failure and whatever messages have been run out with the trainer have had ****-all positive impact.

The whole situtation is starting to become a train wreck... I can deal with loses - if the squad improves. Something is seriously off as there's no way this squad should have the mega highs and lows it does.

Brilliant game were against Panthers and Roosters shows what form the team can produce. There has to be toxic players or attitudes in the team for them to be rocks and diamonds.
Have been beaten down by the draw and I'd say it would be starting to get to the team mentally.

I would also suggest that Kevvie isn't helping things with the constant chopping and changing of players after each drubbing.

I said very early in the year that the coaching staff had to be realistic with the current shit show that is the NRL and understand that we were always going to cop floggings.

A 50pt hiding is basically nothing these days. It's not like back in the day where a 50pt drubbing meant something was well off in the team and changes had to be made.... top 4 teams have been copping hammerings and it's been the most amount of 30pt plus wins in history.

Kevvie is becoming too reactive with it and chops and changes whenever there is a loss like it's meant to teach the squad a lesson.

We also have the weakest minded squad in the world.... if absolutely anything goes against them they completely crumble. Even Isaako, who was largely fine, catches wind that we are trying to sign a fullback and he completely crumbles and puts in an effort that shows his mind was elsewhere during the game.

The chopping and changing would only be adding to the mindset that if I **** up I'm gone.

They are mentally weak, but I don't think Kevvie is helping with his lack of man management.

First game on the wing all year apart from the time he covered for Coates in game 1, I haven't seen any evidence to suggest he isn't good on the highball because Centres don't usually hang back for the kick in defence so there is not much information to go from on that, also our first try came off an excellent catch heavily contested and offload pass all from Herbie, 9 times out of 10 that would of gone out or been a knock on from anyone.

Tesi is also incredibly short(he is shorter then even Dufty), if the other teams had time to know he would be at fullback they would definitely target him on the highball.

It's all haphazard swapping and changing that will mess with players heads.
By a whole 2 cm and giving up 11 kgs . Also a cm shorter than Slater so not a real issue height wise

Have been beaten down by the draw and I'd say it would be starting to get to the team mentally.

I would also suggest that Kevvie isn't helping things with the constant chopping and changing of players after each drubbing.

I said very early in the year that the coaching staff had to be realistic with the current shit show that is the NRL and understand that we were always going to cop floggings.

A 50pt hiding is basically nothing these days. It's not like back in the day where a 50pt drubbing meant something was well off in the team and changes had to be made.... top 4 teams have been copping hammerings and it's been the most amount of 30pt plus wins in history.

Kevvie is becoming too reactive with it and chops and changes whenever there is a loss like it's meant to teach the squad a lesson.

We also have the weakest minded squad in the world.... if absolutely anything goes against them they completely crumble. Even Isaako, who was largely fine, catches wind that we are trying to sign a fullback and he completely crumbles and puts in an effort that shows his mind was elsewhere during the game.

The chopping and changing would only be adding to the mindset that if I **** up I'm gone.

They are mentally weak, but I don't think Kevvie is helping with his lack of man management.
I get what you are driving at but have to ask you...would you be happy with Milford and Croft still at half and 5/8? Or would you be demanding change?

When injury is considered AND dreadful form too would you persevere? I mean obviously you have to replace an injured player but being in terrible form should be enough to change, yes? Or would you continue with an out of form Milford just for the sake of continuity? Genuine question and not looking to argue.

Me personally, I don't see that KW had much choice and he has given each change a few games to prove themselves and really, if they aren't at least okay three games is enough.

When Haas's contract expires, he is goneski .. and I can't say I blame him, I feel bad for the bloke, rips in every single week, carries 3/4 blokes 10 metres every 2nd carry, then Turpin throws it to some hack who inevitably drops it and then Haas spends the next 10 minutes defending in the middle third with goliath's like Papalii running at him

He is wasted with us, I genuinely feel sorry for the guy

It's hard to believe they have either. The attack is certainly nothing to write home about. Only the Knights and Bulldogs have scored fewer points.

I have to bring this up again: what the **** does Allan Langer do? Our halves have been a carousel of failure and whatever messages have been run out with the trainer have had ****-all positive impact.
To be fair, all the messages and instructions in the world only go so far when you have a dud roster. When skill levels are limited, words of encouragement are probably the best option. I bet Alfie can hardly believe what masquerades as a Bronco club these days.

I’m sorry I really disagree with you here… I’d love for this to backfire on me but I don’t think Farnworth would ever or could do better than Niu did the other night. That’s the reality of the matter. Herbie is for starters shitter in defence than Tesi and as mentioned before the game and proven throughout shithouse under the high ball. The only thing he could possibly bring is support play as Niu is a more threatening runner of the ball. I think we were all pleasantly surprised by Niu’s support play as well meaning he would. Neither have a pass especially Herbie he has barely played much spine whereas at least Niu has done some time in the halves and all that. So really I think it’s quite ridiculous to continue pushing this Herbie thing. The fact that Niu got put at fullback really showed kevvies lack of faith in Farnworth this week especially considering he had a number of other options in order to keep Herbie at fullback. So if you ask me I think kevvie possibly got it right following his instinct on that one and really with the lack of options on the market he may be shaping as our best option until Cobbo is ready. That’s the way I look at it and I know everybody hear loves Herbie and will put a target on my back or slam me for saying this but it’s the fucken truth.
He probably more likely had less faith in Niu playing wing or centre. He was our only option so made sense to put him in his most familiar role. Hopefully Herbs gets his go this week.

When Haas's contract expires, he is goneski .. and I can't say I blame him, I feel bad for the bloke, rips in every single week, carries 3/4 blokes 10 metres every 2nd carry, then Turpin throws it to some hack who inevitably drops it and then Haas spends the next 10 minutes defending in the middle third with goliath's like Papalii running at him

He is wasted with us, I genuinely feel sorry for the guy
Haas is under contract until the end of 2024. We have plenty of time to turn things around and sign him to another long term deal.

Haas is under contract until the end of 2024. We have plenty of time to turn things around and sign him to another long term deal.

He's not stupid mate, if a team throwing half their cap at him doesn't draw him away then his memories will.

He's also on probation at the club and one misdemeanor=the end of his Bronco contract. Logic says he ***** up way before 2024.

I get what you are driving at but have to ask you...would you be happy with Milford and Croft still at half and 5/8? Or would you be demanding change?

When injury is considered AND dreadful form too would you persevere? I mean obviously you have to replace an injured player but being in terrible form should be enough to change, yes? Or would you continue with an out of form Milford just for the sake of continuity? Genuine question and not looking to argue.

Me personally, I don't see that KW had much choice and he has given each change a few games to prove themselves and really, if they aren't at least okay three games is enough.
Giving a player 4 weeks or so before dropping them isn't chopping and changing.

Milf was given ample time to sort himself out and only got worse, but I thought Kevvie landed on a serviceable halves pairing in Kelly and Gamble, but then he goes and drops Gamble because we got flogged by dragons.

At various points he's shifted Herbie from left center then to right center for a game, back to left center and was then trying to put him at fullback.

Oates and Mead have been in and out of first grade for no real reason.

It's a coin flip to know which side TPJ will line up on week to week.

Lodge is gone one week then he's staying the next.

Asiata ball playing lock off the bench to start the year, then dropped/injured, then 13 and then bench again... all the while playing **** all minutes

Bull in and playing reasonable, but gets no minutes and now dropped.

Turps to play 80, then Turps needs help, then we need Levi, then Levi sacked two weeks in, now Turps is back playing 80 again

So it's not just been the halves... who I believe have been our worst players all year, barring Kelly and Gamble... it's been chopping and changing all over the field

He's also on probation at the club and one misdemeanor=the end of his Bronco contract. Logic says he ***** up way before 2024.
It would have to be a pretty serious offence to get sacked. Clubs don't tend to sack their stars unless they have no choice. We just signed Staggs on the back of two stuff ups this year.

Arthars was good last night, you never see him talked about but he's been pretty good for us all season.

Staggs can't come back soon enough, it will give us some depth in the centres at least, good god Copley was bad last night. That one on one miss, if he's not in QLD Cup next week i'll eat my hat.

He's not stupid mate, if a team throwing half their cap at him doesn't draw him away then his memories will.
I can't argue the money thing, he could easily get a million thrown at him Taumolo style but if we turned it around and we're a good team in 2023/24 I think we can convince him to stay. A week is a long time in RL, 3 years is an eternity.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.