THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
mckinnon trotted out an article like this a few months ago be interesting to see how close word to word it is

oo look it is the one from a month ago lol
If that's the case it's aged well.

Ring Bellamy.

Offer all his kids and grand kids jobs for life around the club.

Give him Karl Morris' river mansion.

Suck his dick.

Do whatever the **** it takes.

Don't think there is any 'if' it's dated the 26th of June,wonder if he sees it the same after one of the worst SOO floggings I've seen
I didn't pay much attention to the Slater part. It's that he's saying it's time to replace Walters. If that genie gets out, it's hard to put back in the bottle. Todd Payten managed it, but the Cowboys' soap opera doesn't compare to ours.

In some respects it's not such a bad thing it's turned out this way.

The old boys had their shot and it's all coming undone. They're now officially in the "do not listen to" column and we might have a chance at assuming a 21st century identity.

There is no easy fix for this and there is no one scapegoat. Sacking Kevvie won’t help us unless we have someone better to put in his place.

Having said that, we did look comprehensively outcoached today, and it’s not the first time this year. I think Kevvie is a passionate steward of the club and probably an excellent assistant coach, but I’m not sure he’s cut out for the big seat - unless he has some exceptional assistant coaches (NOT the likes of Cartwright / Barrett) to assist him on the strategy side.

Some of the dead wood in the playing group also needs to go - Starting with Cobbo, who exemplifies the lack of commitment, intensity and passion in this team.

I wonder if anyone picked up the phone to Bellamy and offered him the world. That’s the pipe dream.

Or we are a huge club, go after a big fish, even someone under contract. Show them the money.
Coming at this from a self interest perspective as a broncos supporter, but I can’t understand why Bellamy doesn’t want to pursue a new challenge..

surely he’s proven his point in Melbourne?

I’m not on the sack Kevvie this season yet but if that’s where the club is my horse in the race is Holbrook…I thought he was decent at the Titans would back him to do a better job with the resources we could offer him.

Would need a bloody good defensive coach along side him though… and his name is not Josh McGuire…

I’m not on the sack Kevvie this season yet but if that’s where the club is my horse in the race is Holbrook…I thought he was decent at the Titans would back him to do a better job with the resources we could offer him.

Would need a bloody good defensive coach along side him though… and his name is not Josh McGuire…

I also feel Holbrook is better than the Titans showed but the issue there is that they seem like a really dumb team, sound familiar?

Moose is only helping out with the wrestling. I do think we need some help from somewhere with our defence. We seem to have lost the plot.

DD has a good relationship with Bellamy.

I would take him if he wanted to come but from all reports he's going to stay on at Melbourne.

I also feel Holbrook is better than the Titans showed but the issue there is that they seem like a really dumb team, sound familiar?
Maybe, I think our bigger problem is laziness/lack of desire and Holbrook often had that Titans team pumped up.

Any new coach is a risk and any available coach is available for a reason so pick your poison.

And also, give up on the Bellamy chat. Which of the 85000 previous times he’d played us for more money at the Storm tells you he’s ever actually been interested and especially even more so in the last 10 years?

Michael Maguire is the best Option available I’d say, with perhaps Brad Thorn being second best.

We don’t want a rookie coach (not counting Brad as a rookie given his time in Union).

I’d also love to see Karmichael Hunt or Justin Hodges as assistants. They were two past broncos who always gave their all and were 100% competitive all the time, and in a more
Recent era than Kevvie. Kevvie played when it was basically semi professional, I don’t think he understands the true standards that are required in the current game.

Unread

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • PETERN
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ettybay
  • maddo
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.