THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
For me, Cameron Smith ticks all the boxes for dream "deputy coach," except one: wanting the job.

How much is Cam responsible for with this years SOO series loss......?

Is this Barrett rumour a joke?
He is a proven repeated failure. Why would we possibly want him
From what Buzz Rothfield says in the Daily Tele this morning, it's almost a done deal. Apparently Walters met up with him in Sydney a week or 2 ago to discuss a deal coming on board as the "Senior Assistant", which Trentie Boy is supposedly close to signing, according to Buzz. The next domino to fall once Kev gets sacked will see him then take over as your head coach you'd have to think. Jesus, youse blokes are in all sorts if this is what your coaching situation has come to!

Oh, by the way. Once we beat the Raiders this arvo, we will be ahead of youse on the table. Who would have thought, eh? LOL

How much is Cam responsible for with this years SOO series loss......?
None. I also don't think it can be projected to coaching at the club level.

I'm forming my opinion by the way he played the game, his rapport with officials, the way he acted as defacto assistant coach to Bellamy, his general demeanor with peers, but even more so by how clearly he articulates his thought on games.

I also don't think he'd take shit from underperformers.

That said, star players don't often make star coaches.

None. I also don't think it can be projected to coaching at the club level.

I'm forming my opinion by the way he played the game, his rapport with officials, the way he acted as defacto assistant coach to Bellamy, his general demeanor with peers, but even more so by how clearly he articulates his thought on games.

I also don't think he'd take shit from underperformers.

That said, star players don't often make star coaches.

I'm with you on this....I think he'd make a great coach based on all of the above.

Unfortunately if and when he does, there's most likely slim to none chance it will be at Brisbane. 😞

From what Buzz Rothfield says in the Daily Tele this morning, it's almost a done deal. Apparently Walters met up with him in Sydney a week or 2 ago to discuss a deal coming on board as the "Senior Assistant", which Trentie Boy is supposedly close to signing, according to Buzz. The next domino to fall once Kev gets sacked will see him then take over as your head coach you'd have to think. Jesus, youse blokes are in all sorts if this is what your coaching situation has come to!

Oh, by the way. Once we beat the Raiders this arvo, we will be ahead of youse on the table. Who would have thought, eh? LOL

Be quiet...the adults are talking.

Donald Trump Republicans GIF by GIPHY News

Is this like the Briers to Souffs done deal?

The more I've thought about this today, after reading comments here and beyond, the more I'm convinced Kevvie should be let go at the end of this season. I think the experiment has run its course.

I was still with him even until half time yesterday, but that loss followed by that press conference, I can't do it.

The club will know better than us. They'll know if there's some kind of rift in the playing group, and/or the exodus of coaching staff relates to them moving onward and upward, or disatisfaction. If they've seen this coming, they should have replacements in mind.

The last thing we want is for next season to be written off as we watch Kevvie suffer a public lynching, followed by some interim shit coach like Barrett steering us into serial ridicule.

The more I've thought about this today, after reading comments here and beyond, the more I'm convinced Kevvie should be let go at the end of this season. I think the experiment has run its course.

I was still with him even until half time yesterday, but that loss followed by that press conference, I can't do it.

The club will know better than us. They'll know if there's some kind of rift in the playing group, and/or the exodus of coaching staff relates to them moving onward and upward, or disatisfaction. If they've seen this coming, they should have replacements in mind.

The last thing we want is for next season to be written off as we watch Kevvie suffer a public lynching, followed by some interim shit coach like Barrett steering us into serial ridicule.
Yeah I was fairly strongly in the camp of “although I don’t think Kev is the guy, he’s earned another season due to last year”. I think I included the disclaimer that it would take a outright disastrous end to the season to change that.

Well, we aren’t quite at the point but we are getting very close. If he ends the season strong he will deserve a crack at next year but there a no excuses left. It’s fully his squad, origin is over, all players are back. It is purely a measure of coaching at this stage.

My last hope died when he tried to blame origin in the post game.

Nice dodge, dead shit.
Don't be getting all touchy fella, just because of the state your club is in. Youse had your chance in the GF last year and blew it. Another rebuild coming up with Trentie Boy most likely in charge and paying huge overs for duds like Mam and Cobbo for years to come.

Meanwhile, here in the burrow, we have the greatest coach of all time coming back to take us to the promised land, i.e. a premiership. Oh yeah, and don't be surprised if Adam ends up back here too as a mentor for our star young halfback signing, Lewis Dodd. He and Uncle Wayne are as thick as thieves if you didn't know. I"m sure they have already discussed the possibility as Reyno is a winner and will want to be associated with a winning Bunnies culture again.

Enjoy your Master coaches Kevvie and Trentie Boy.

Unread

Active Now

• Dash
  • theshed
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Johnny92
  • Robboi_321
  • Foordy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • PETERN
  • ettybay
  • maddo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.