THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
My concern in regards to this is who in the club has enough contacts and knowledge of the league to know who the best defensive and fitness coaches are?

Do we have enough football knowledge in the actual club at the moment?

When Bennett was here he basically controlled everything, but that cannot be expected of every coach that comes in.

Basically who is our head of football?? Or is it expected that DD is meant to be all knowledgeable with footy as well....
It was Ikin until whatever went wrong there happened

It's a concern that this thread has turned into a 'will we sack kevvie or give him one more season discussion?'
I guess how we finnish the season will have a bearing on that. Whilst our finals hopes are now gone the players certainly need to show some resolve in the remaining games.
Whilst I understand some of the 'sack kevvie' sentiment if we do that it raises another question being sack him for who?
The recent convoluted parra coaching selection process probably did us a favour in that it flushed out all the potentially interested parties. It would be fairly easy to compile a short list of candidates.
Having said that I really want the team to do well enough in the remainder of the year for there to be no question of kevvie staying on. However if that doesn't happen I think he should be let go in the off season rather than some sort of 'let's give him 10 rounds or whatever to prove himself' type deal for next year.
That type of approach usually doesn't end well and would be fraught and risk compromising next season as well.
There are some perilous waters for the club to navigate in the weeks ahead.

It's pretty certain that a) we are not playing finals this year and b) KW will be our head coach game 1 next season. Whilst to a lot of us on here, it certainly is not acceptable, we are going to have to put up with it, because as long as memberships are up and the club is doing well financially, then that's all that matters to our owners.
Sad really, I thought sport was all about winning.

Whilst I understand some of the 'sack kevvie' sentiment if we do that it raises another question being sack him for who?
The recent convoluted parra coaching selection process probably did us a favour in that it flushed out all the potentially interested parties. It would be fairly easy to compile a short list of candidates.

Shaun Wane would be a perfectly acceptable interim coach if he's available. His name was tossed around in connection with South Sydney, so very possibly.

If the Broncos underachieve next year, he kinda has to go. If the management is as good as we think they are, they should be able to get a good replacement.

It's a concern that this thread has turned into a 'will we sack kevvie or give him one more season discussion?'
I guess how we finnish the season will have a bearing on that. Whilst our finals hopes are now gone the players certainly need to show some resolve in the remaining games.
Having said that I really want the team to do well enough in the remainder of the year for there to be no question of kevvie staying on. However if that doesn't happen I think he should be let go in the off season rather than some sort of 'let's give him 10 rounds or whatever to prove himself' type deal for next year.
That type of approach usually doesn't end well and would be fraught and risk compromising next season as well.
There are some perilous waters for the club to navigate in the weeks ahead.

MY personal thinking is if we end the season badly, i think its probably time to go for him. If we show some improvement with our basic play and structure, i'm happy to see what next year brings under him.

The other factor is Kevvie himself. He's an emotional guy and loves the Broncos. If he feels he's done as much as he can, i reckon he might walk away himself.

Ring Bellamy.

Offer all his kids and grand kids jobs for life around the club.

Give him Karl Morris' river mansion.

Suck his dick.

Do whatever the **** it takes.

would you be prepared to rename us the Melbourne Storm and relocate the club to Melbourne because that is the only fucking way

would you be prepared to rename us the Melbourne Storm and relocate the club to Melbourne because that is the only fucking way

Might be the only way to enjoy watching this stupid freekin sport.

Some dumb stats to mull over:

Overall win percentages as Broncos coach:

Bennett: 63.71%
Griffin: 53.47%
Henjak: 52.94%
Walters: 51.06% (42.11% in 2024)
Seibold: 36.84%

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Behind enemy lines
  • bb_gun
  • upthebroncs
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • maddo
  • broncos4life
  • Santa
  • Big Del
  • mitch222
  • eggstar10
  • Jedhead
  • Lurker
  • Tristan1990
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • NYCDB
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Socnorb
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.