THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Same here, I'd like to see some semblance of a game plan.
He def deserves next year.
If he then persists with this current approach it's thanks Kev but cya.
Kev has had nearly 4 years and we still have no semblance of a game plan, what makes you think that will suddenly change in the next 12 months? Either that or the players aren't listening to whatever game plan he does have...either of which are terminal for Kev.

Bennett had 12 more wins after 94 games as coach of the Broncos and made finals once.
Bennett was also the foundation coach and had a very different environment to be working in. Kev, as much as I love him, is not a enough of a head coach to walk in Bennett's coaching shadow.

If the club doesn't think he's going to take us to a premiership win or that he can keep the players onside, then he has to go - and the sooner the better if that's the case. Write off 2025 too if we wait until part way through next year to sack him. Bite the fucking bullet now, get an interim coach until the end of the year and get the new coach (whoever it is) on board NOW so they can start planning preseason. At least that might give us a crack in 2025. Not saying this is my opinion, but this is the reality for the club. At this point it's either back him or let him go, ASAP.

My concern in regards to this is who in the club has enough contacts and knowledge of the league to know who the best defensive and fitness coaches are?

Do we have enough football knowledge in the actual club at the moment?

When Bennett was here he basically controlled everything, but that cannot be expected of every coach that comes in.

Basically who is our head of football?? Or is it expected that DD is meant to be all knowledgeable with footy as well....
Isn't that Ikin's job ? Oh, that's right, Kev told him he wasn't needed ...

From what Buzz Rothfield says in the Daily Tele this morning, it's almost a done deal. Apparently Walters met up with him in Sydney a week or 2 ago to discuss a deal coming on board as the "Senior Assistant", which Trentie Boy is supposedly close to signing, according to Buzz. The next domino to fall once Kev gets sacked will see him then take over as your head coach you'd have to think. Jesus, youse blokes are in all sorts if this is what your coaching situation has come to!

Oh, by the way. Once we beat the Raiders this arvo, we will be ahead of youse on the table. Who would have thought, eh? LOL
I can just picture your spit coming out between your 3 teeth as you say "youse". Tell mum your borrowing the computer tonight. You're either 9 or a 45 year old still living with her. I mean, surely you'd have to be considering your life has gotten to this point?

MY personal thinking is if we end the season badly, i think its probably time to go for him. If we show some improvement with our basic play and structure, i'm happy to see what next year brings under him.

The other factor is Kevvie himself. He's an emotional guy and loves the Broncos. If he feels he's done as much as he can, i reckon he might walk away himself.
I think your second part is more what will happen... Kevvie might get a tap on the shoulder, but to avoid a meltdown from the old boys, etc. Kevvie would end up resigning

I can just picture your spit coming out between your 3 teeth as you say "youse". Tell mum your borrowing the computer tonight. You're either 9 or a 45 year old still living with her. I mean, surely you'd have to be considering your life has gotten to this point?
So we resort to personal insults now do we? Real mature of you isn't it. Play the ball, not the man, son.

Anyway, this isn't about me, it's about the man impersonating a coach you blokes have to look forward to having in charge for the next few years. Well, either him or Trentie Boy. I dunno who is worse really.

Kev has had nearly 4 years and we still have no semblance of a game plan, what makes you think that will suddenly change in the next 12 months? Either that or the players aren't listening to whatever game plan he does have...either of which are terminal for Kev.
I don't but it doesn't matter what I think.
GF last year is enough to give him the chance to change though.
I think if the players don't play for him the rest of the year he is a chance of falling on his own sword though.

I don't but it doesn't matter what I think.
GF last year is enough to give him the chance to change though.
I think if the players don't play for him the rest of the year he is a chance of falling on his own sword though.
Honestly thought he did a pretty good job of falling on his sword in the presser.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.