THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well we know what comes next. We can only dream

They'd won 8/17 in 91 at the same time Broncos at the moment are 8/20. They beat Canberra and then it clicked, and they won five in a row to just miss finals.

Five games to go the 2024 Broncos could finish on 13 wins too.

I kid you not I have thought this through. I haven't solved the Lazo signing but give me time.

Don't be getting all touchy fella, just because of the state your club is in. Youse had your chance in the GF last year and blew it. Another rebuild coming up with Trentie Boy most likely in charge and paying huge overs for duds like Mam and Cobbo for years to come.

Meanwhile, here in the burrow, we have the greatest coach of all time coming back to take us to the promised land, i.e. a premiership. Oh yeah, and don't be surprised if Adam ends up back here too as a mentor for our star young halfback signing, Lewis Dodd. He and Uncle Wayne are as thick as thieves if you didn't know. I"m sure they have already discussed the possibility as Reyno is a winner and will want to be associated with a winning Bunnies culture again.

Enjoy your Master coaches Kevvie and Trentie Boy.
If all this prick is going to do is troll, I am voting ban stick.

Breaking News: Broncos mastercoach Kevvie "she'll be right" Walters has got his man as supercoach in waiting, Trent "I was once an assistant at Penrith Panthers" Barratt, signs a multi-year deal to join the team as Senior Assistant (and eventual head coach) at Brisbane Broncos.

Recent photo of dynamic duo Kevvie and Trent reviewing each other's 2025-2028 potential game plans and defensive strategies:
View attachment 28885

You're such a flog you can't even get Barrett's surname right.

Good of you to come here though, the only thing that would unite this forum currently would be a tool like yourself with about 3 teeth between your top and bottom set, including the molars.

Get back to knocking down the methylated spirits, listen to your mates too. Get the clear shit, it won't stain the remaining teeth you do have.

It will all depend on how they start the year next year. If you look at Todd Payten and Kevvie they are very similar in coaching trajectory. After their hot year the Cowboys were humbled the year after and only now are starting to learn that it doesnt always come easy in the NRL.

I'd say our young guys are learning the same lessons this year. You dont always have your starting halfback, fullback, prop etc. Its probably a learning thing for the young guys we have in the team to be honest more than its Kevy doing anything differently.

Piakura, Mam, Cobbo, Mariner are all guys who have looked lazy throughout the year and will all be better for being humbled this year.

It will all depend on how they start the year next year. If you look at Todd Payten and Kevvie they are very similar in coaching trajectory. After their hot year the Cowboys were humbled the year after and only now are starting to learn that it doesnt always come easy in the NRL.

I'd say our young guys are learning the same lessons this year. You dont always have your starting halfback, fullback, prop etc. Its probably a learning thing for the young guys we have in the team to be honest more than its Kevy doing anything differently.

Piakura, Mam, Cobbo, Mariner are all guys who have looked lazy throughout the year and will all be better for being humbled this year.
Those 4 you mentioned and a few others need to go digging holes or running barrows of concrete for a week in summer pre season, I think they'd come back with a different mindset.

Reyno is a choker and will want to be associated with a choking Bunnies culture again.
Typo there bruddy .
Fixed now .

Did you forget the one where he could have kicked the goal to win . But didn`t ?

Typo there bruddy .
Fixed now .

Did you forget the one where he could have kicked the goal to win . But didn`t ?

My favorite Souffs moment is when Greg Inglis went for the field goal (when it was still only 1 point), they were down by 2.

So we resort to personal insults now do we? Real mature of you isn't it. Play the ball, not the man, son.

Anyway, this isn't about me, it's about the man impersonating a coach you blokes have to look forward to having in charge for the next few years. Well, either him or Trentie Boy. I dunno who is worse really.
Son? Are you impersonating a grown up, or are you 95? Either way, wow thats um... lol... You've literally come onto an opposition fan forum to a team you obviously hate to try to stir up. You come in here with that, you're free game. Can't have it both ways.
But honestly, it's legitimately sad you're on here for that in your free time. I pray, and I'm not religious, my life never gets to that point.

As best as I remember, when Kev was announced as coach the almost unanimous opinion was "great bloke, club legend, will change the culture but can he actually coach? Not an issue if he gets the right assistants but if he gets it wrong, this isn't going to work."

Fast forward 4 years and where are we? Essentially the same place. We're still asking if he can succeed as a head coach. We're still concerned greatly about the assistants he will be getting in because many of us (I believe fairly) have huge doubts about his actual coaching ability. I hate harping on it but we have seen very little improvement in key metrics over Kev's reign. And now we're also facing our second full assistant coach rebuild in the 4 years as well...

Yes, he took us from the spoon doldrums to be a challenger again, and he deserves praise for that. But similarly, we have also missed the finals in 3 of his 4 years and we look exactly like 2020 right now. When you look at how other clubs have been turned around - Bulldogs & Dragons come to mind - in similar timeframes or less, and with lesser-quality squads...I don't think it's unreasonable to ask why we aren't doing better than we are. I'd love to see Kev do well, but I'm struggling to see it right now.

Fast forward 4 years and where are we? Essentially the same place.

Geez that's a bit harsh.

Watching us under Seibold were very dark times, we would be happy under Seibold if we at least competed. How many times did get done by 50?

As best as I remember, when Kev was announced as coach the almost unanimous opinion was "great bloke, club legend, will change the culture but can he actually coach? Not an issue if he gets the right assistants but if he gets it wrong, this isn't going to work."

Fast forward 4 years and where are we? Essentially the same place. We're still asking if he can succeed as a head coach. We're still concerned greatly about the assistants he will be getting in because many of us (I believe fairly) have huge doubts about his actual coaching ability. I hate harping on it but we have seen very little improvement in key metrics over Kev's reign. And now we're also facing our second full assistant coach rebuild in the 4 years as well...

Yes, he took us from the spoon doldrums to be a challenger again, and he deserves praise for that. But similarly, we have also missed the finals in 3 of his 4 years and we look exactly like 2020 right now. When you look at how other clubs have been turned around - Bulldogs & Dragons come to mind - in similar timeframes or less, and with lesser-quality squads...I don't think it's unreasonable to ask why we aren't doing better than we are. I'd love to see Kev do well, but I'm struggling to see it right now.
Lol this is a terrible take. Look at it this way. Back to back improvements from spoon, to 14th, 9th, 2nd and a gf. This is the first season wr have regressed in three years.

If you told me in 2020 we would play the grand final In 2023 I would have laughed at you.

Bennett had 12 more wins after 94 games as coach of the Broncos and made finals once.

Bennet had to start from scratch .
Kevin had a bit of a head start .

What`s that saying about lies , damn lies and statistics ?

Bennet had to start from scratch .
Kevin had a bit of a head start .

What`s that saying about lies , damn lies and statistics ?

How is it a head start?

He had to ship players to other clubs while we paid a portion of their contract. Bennett could at least build the team he wanted without having to worry about finding ways to get blokes out whilst they were still under contract.

The answer as to what happens to Kev is down to a number of key things.

Do the players and club management believe he is the coach that is going to take us forward. Do the players still trust him and trust his abilities as a coach. Do they feel their game is going to develop under his leadership. Do they still believe he has the ability to create defensive and offensive structures that work. Do they have faith in his game plans?

In my view the only way to find the answers to those questions is to have a comprehensive all of club review at the end of this season where everyone on the football side of the club's operations is interview and allowed to provide confidential responses.

If the answer to 2 or more of the questions posed above is no, he is a dead man walking and the club should act.

If all this prick is going to do is troll, I am voting ban stick.
His mum's also his sister, he can't go outside so this is what fun looks like from the ivory tower in, *checks notes*, 14th.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.