THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
If they decide to move Kevvie on it needs to be done before the end of the year so that any new coach can plan the preseason, get assistants etc. Seeing that the club is signing new assistant coaches I'd say that Kevvie will be there for game 1 next year. If we are still playing like disorganised busted arses by Origin next year I'd say Kevvie will be gone.

Having new assistant coaches may help as the current ones are obviously duds. My fingers are crossed that they do as sacking a coach mid year is another year written off followed by a year of rebuilding, changing playing rosters etc.

I'm just dead against sacking any coach. I was dead against sacking Bennet for Siebold and I was even dead against sacking Siebold too even though we were woeful.

I really hope Kevy can turn it around again and show us all he is meant to be the Broncos coach. I think if he gets the benefit of the doubt after the 2023 Grand final it will be origin time next year before the club knows what to do. I do think this is all temporary and we will find our Defensive mojo again.

All this talk about Ciraldo putting on a coaching masterclass, its just a repeat of Corey Parkers words during the coverage who has been sacked and overlooked by Kevy for a coaching role himself. Ciraldo just did what Kevy did almost every coach in 2023 - Spread the ball wide and used our speed to burn opponents scoring from anywhere.

Who were already there and signed to long term deals.
Didn't Bennett build that squad and Seibold arrived a year early.
Lodge, Pangai Jr, Ofahengaue, Flegler, Kennedy, Glenn all signed/re-signed under Seibold.

Technically so did Carrigan, but that was just over a week into Seibold's tenure as coach - judging by the other contracts I wouldn't he was that great a negotiator.

His hands weren't tied when it came to the pack.

Let's be honest, the club won't be sacking Kev this year.
Possibly next year if we do not improve or slide even further - from memory they have a few performance clauses in his contract..
It is however very odd that we aren't hearing anything from all the old boys that called for Seibold to be sacked. Where are they now that the club has slid from grand finalists to a bottom 4 side within 12 months. I did hear Tallis today on radio say it's not the doing of the coach, which I find a little odd as there was so much praise for Kev last year when the side made the gf.

The issue with this team is they all think they're rockstars. None of them have won shit, except Reyno and his 1 gf with Souths.
They all read their own hype but have not at all deserved the praise as they have accomplished nothing as a group.

I'm just dead against sacking any coach. I was dead against sacking Bennet for Siebold and I was even dead against sacking Siebold too even though we were woeful.

I really hope Kevy can turn it around again and show us all he is meant to be the Broncos coach. I think if he gets the benefit of the doubt after the 2023 Grand final it will be origin time next year before the club knows what to do. I do think this is all temporary and we will find our Defensive mojo again.

All this talk about Ciraldo putting on a coaching masterclass, its just a repeat of Corey Parkers words during the coverage who has been sacked and overlooked by Kevy for a coaching role himself. Ciraldo just did what Kevy did almost every coach in 2023 - Spread the ball wide and used our speed to burn opponents scoring from anywhere.
Mate I didn't hear Corey Parker's comments. If you don't think Bronx were out-coached after watching that game I can't help you.

Do we call the finals game against Bellamy's storm last year a master class by Kev?

Geez that's a bit harsh.

Watching us under Seibold were very dark times, we would be happy under Seibold if we at least competed. How many times did get done by 50?
I don't think it's harsh to compare at all. I'm not comparing to Siebold, I'm comparing to Kev's first year. We are in the same place, forget the past 2 years and look at where we're sitting on the table and how we're playing. No structure, no cohesion, Payne running in circles and grubbering for himself, no thought to modify our defence despite getting burned again and again and again. No assistant coaches, cap bent way out of shape due to FOMO overpaying. We're in the same place. The fucking Bulldogs just put 41 on us.

It's even worse if as rumoured, Kev's game plan was to go through the middle and they practised it all week only to go sideways on Saturday. Surely the team, the whole team, can't be that fucking dumb?

Lol this is a terrible take. Look at it this way. Back to back improvements from spoon, to 14th, 9th, 2nd and a gf. This is the first season wr have regressed in three years.
It's not about our position on the ladder, it's about how we're playing. We thought we'd made it in 2022 before a fall from grace of epic proportions. We hoped everyone at the club would learn from that and it appeared that they had last year. Then this year out they trot and keep dishing up the same mediocre garbage all year, seemingly expecting to just waltz through the comp like last year without doing the hard work. Same as 2022, so they hadn't actually learned - players or Kev, seemingly. Now we seem likely to be bottom 4 this year. Bottom four. How the **** do you go from 15 minutes away from a GF win to quite literally one of the worst teams in the competition??

And don't give me Origin, that happens every fucking year and the Broncos have had far more players involved in years gone by. I hate it, but if any club should have a method to manage the Origin impact, it's ours. Injuries, yes, and we've been lacking key players for huge chunks of the year. But that doesn't explain the lack of structure. Kev's had four years and the team still have nothing to fall back on.

Again, poor Payne was running around like a headless Walsh chook before putting in a grubber. How fucking frustrated do you think he has to be to try something like that?? That's coaching. How is it that after 4 years we get to the red zone and still not have a single fucking clue how to do anything except try a sweep play? How is it that we are still so fucking weak defensively on our edges, the same thing we fans have been hollering about for years? Nothing about how this team plays is changing for the better, absolutely nothing. We have regressed significantly from last year, we're not even doing the things that were working for us then.

What do the apologists think is going to change in the next 12 months that hasn't changed in the past 4 years? I genuinely don't see it, not without some serious assistant coach firepower and that doesn't appear likely either.

Lodge, Pangai Jr, Ofahengaue, Flegler, Kennedy, Glenn all signed/re-signed under Seibold.

Technically so did Carrigan, but that was just over a week into Seibold's tenure as coach - judging by the other contracts I wouldn't he was a great negotiator.

His hands weren't tied when it came to the pack.
Resigned or extended?

Can't agree Pete. He got Bennets squad in 2019 then we got flogged in the semi.
We play 2 games in 2020 then covid and 6 again rule introduced.
Not sure why or how you think he would or could make big changes when he couldn't know what was about to happen.

This is the only place I have heard anything about Walters being on the way out, nothing in the media, not even half a suggestion. Usually they're all over that, i'm not one to read a headline but usually it's all they're talking about on Fox League through the week, haven't heard anything of the sort.

I'm not worried, a lot of things have gone against us this season, we had injuries before Origin (crucial injuries), then obviously in Origin we were missing some big names, Kev does need to get our backrow sorted, we go down a backrower and we look completely vulnerable. Plan #1 for teams that come against us in the immediate future will be to spread it wide, so he will need an answer for that.

The most important thing will be how we start next season, I don't know that he can get away with a poor start next year with the team we will still have. We faded out in 2022 but we hit back spectacularly in 2023, we need to hit back the same way against next season or then the pitchforks will be out. I know they're already out on this forum but let's be honest, the fanbase on here tends to overreact.

Resigned or extended?

Can't agree Pete. He got Bennets squad in 2019 then we got flogged in the semi.
We play 2 games in 2020 then covid and 6 again rule introduced.
Not sure why or how you think he would or could make big changes when he couldn't know what was about to happen.
Re-signed.

When Seibold came to the club, they were coming off a 48-18 loss to the Dragons. He then oversaw them lose 36-4 to the Roosters and 38-6 to South Sydney. Big questions were already being asked of the club and while they were able to stem the bleeding it eventually caught back on them and resulted in a 58-0 loss.

This was well before COVID.

Even after those losses, Seibold was more than happy to reward these players with lucrative contracts.

The writing was on the wall well before hand. The team couldn't defend to save themselves and relied far too heavily on their opposition being incompetent and a few young forwards to pull off some individual brilliance.

It didn't take Nostradamus to realise the club was on the wrong track.

This is the only place I have heard anything about Walters being on the way out, nothing in the media, not even half a suggestion. Usually they're all over that, i'm not one to read a headline but usually it's all they're talking about on Fox League through the week, haven't heard anything of the sort.

I'm not worried, a lot of things have gone against us this season, we had injuries before Origin (crucial injuries), then obviously in Origin we were missing some big names, Kev does need to get our backrow sorted, we go down a backrower and we look completely vulnerable. Plan #1 for teams that come against us in the immediate future will be to spread it wide, so he will need an answer for that.

The most important thing will be how we start next season, I don't know that he can get away with a poor start next year with the team we will still have. We faded out in 2022 but we hit back spectacularly in 2023, we need to hit back the same way against next season or then the pitchforks will be out. I know they're already out on this forum but let's be honest, the fanbase on here tends to overreact.
That’s what I’m worried about, Kev getting sacked early next season which derails our whole season looking for a new coach and staff. The pre season is wasted and then by 2026 we’re still looking for a new half back if Reynolds doesn’t stick around. The club’s at the crossroads again and a lot hinges on the next few weeks.

Do we call the finals game against Bellamy's storm last year a master class by Kev?
No, the Anti-fans cant see anything good that Kevy does lol. Hell they even hate the old boys now too for calling for Siebold to be sacked. I mean, it wasnt the wooden spoon or record defeats, it was the old boys who had the master coach Siebold sacked.

Anyway, I'm as disappointed as anyone about this season that's for sure. I was just plain sad on Saturday watching the game. My intentions are the same as anyone elses, I just want to see the club do well. I'm just not convinced its time to change the coach just yet, specifically a club legend that has only just taken us to a GF.

If it continues until Origin next year, its fair to say he's been given another chance to turn it around, as he did in 2023.

Re-signed.

When Seibold came to the club, they were coming off a 48-18 loss to the Dragons. He then oversaw them lose 36-4 to the Roosters and 38-6 to South Sydney. Big questions were already being asked of the club and while they were able to stem the bleeding it eventually caught back on them and resulted in a 58-0 loss.

This was well before COVID.

Even after those losses, Seibold was more than happy to reward these players with lucrative contracts.

The writing was on the wall well before hand. The team couldn't defend to save themselves and relied far too heavily on their opposition being incompetent and a few young forwards to pull off some individual brilliance.

It didn't take Nostradamus to realise the club was on the wrong track.

So we made the semis In 2019.
2020 6 again rule had no affect on our team we were just shit.
Right, I don't agree.
I think the 6 again rule had a major bearing on that team.
Like I said, that's my take on it.

Mate I didn't hear Corey Parker's comments. If you don't think Bronx were out-coached after watching that game I can't help you.
Yeah I agree, the bulldogs did to us what we did to teams 75% of the time last year... Lets just see how the boys respond against the Tits shall we?

Yeah I agree, the bulldogs did to us what we did to teams 75% of the time last year... Lets just see how the boys respond against the Tits shall we?
Not sure what we did last year has anything to do with how we are going about things this year.
As it is we can still make the finals though we truly are on our last chance every game now.

So we made the semis In 2019.
2020 6 again rule had no affect on our team we were just shit.
Right, I don't agree.
I think the 6 again rule had a major bearing on that team.
Like I said, that's my take on it.
With a 11-12-1 record and a negative points differential.

Then they suffered a record finals loss, proving they didn't belong at all.

The signs were clearly there and with a horrific injury toll and terrible off-season it was only a matter of time before they got exposed by a good team performance.

I don't think Kevvie will be sacked by the club this year, the assistants have taken the fall for this year but next year is crunch time for Kev, another poor year and he will be gone.

Choosing to risk it all on the back of Teo and Barrett will be a brave choice.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Aldo
  • sooticus
  • Galah
  • Fozz
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.