THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
With a 11-12-1 record and a negative points differential.

Then they suffered a record finals loss, proving they didn't belong at all.

The signs were clearly there and with a horrific injury toll and terrible off-season it was only a matter of time before they got exposed by a good team performance.
So we agree, we made the semis In 2019.
We disagree the 6 again rule had a massive affect on the teams performance.

So we agree, we made the semis In 2019.
We disagree the 6 again rule had a massive affect on the teams performance.
I agree that there were dark times under Seibold. I disagree that his failure can all be boiled down to one rule change.

I agree that there were dark times under Seibold. I disagree that his failure can all be boiled down to one rule change.
Well it's good that I didn't say that.
I do believe it had a huge impact though.
We never came to grips with it and the rest as they say is history.

The game was already heading in that direction and Seibold had enough experience with the team to realise he needed to change tact.

In fairness to Seibold, I don't think it was just the six again system that affected him. Not only did he have a horrific injury toll to contend with and a few player indiscretions to deal with but the NRL made further changes.

They brought the competition back, but didn't include a reserve grade so the junior players had limited opportunities to get some reps in.

The entire draw was changed, so the Broncos went from playing the Titans to the Eels.

It went back to a one referee system and the 10m suffered as a result. Teams that realised they could leave the line early benefitted.

I also think there was mixed messaging when it came to the resumption of the competition. It seemed like the Broncos were under the impression that the competition was going to start up later than it was.

So I think 'they changed it to six again and it disadvantaged us' doesn't quite cover it.

Still, Seibs had enough bad moments that I was happy to say he wasn't the right fit. All the best to him at Manly, they seem made for one another.

Half an hour of discussion about nothing but the Broncos on Sunday Triple M, poor Doggies barely rated a mention. Tallis bends over backwards to not allow the words "Kevin Walters" or "coaching" to leave his mouth, which is to be expected, but of course Ben Dobbin chimes in saying it's not a coaching problem (I guess Ciraldo and the Dogs literally running rings around us on Saturday was just an illusion), but one point they did bring up was something I thought worthwhile addressing here.

All this fanfare around Walsh; "500 people" milling around Red Hill on Friday just to see him, chicks jumping in the back of his Ute waiting to ambush him when he leaves training, I don't know if any of this is true or not I don't live anywhere near Red Hill, but considering the heat that Reece as a person is generating at the moment, it wouldn't surprise me to hear it's true; But how much of this circus being so visible around the club is proving to be a distraction for the team?

They get belted on Saturday then rock up to training on Monday to nothing but selfies, signatures and back slaps. They could very easily fall into not so old habits of thinking their farts smell like air fresheners no matter what happens on field, and most crucially, is Kev well equipped enough to keep their minds on their jobs?

Plenty to be concerned about at the moment. It's been a running theme for the past decade but right now the Broncos feel like they want to be literally anything else except a football club.

Half an hour of discussion about nothing but the Broncos on Sunday Triple M, poor Doggies barely rated a mention. Tallis bends over backwards to not allow the words "Kevin Walters" or "coaching" to leave his mouth, which is to be expected, but of course Ben Dobbin chimes in saying it's not a coaching problem (I guess Ciraldo and the Dogs literally running rings around us on Saturday was just an illusion), but one point they did bring up was something I thought worthwhile addressing here.

All this fanfare around Walsh; "500 people" milling around Red Hill on Friday just to see him, chicks jumping in the back of his Ute waiting to ambush him when he leaves training, I don't know if any of this is true or not I don't live anywhere near Red Hill, but considering the heat that Reece as a person is generating at the moment, it wouldn't surprise me to hear it's true; But how much of this circus being so visible around the club is proving to be a distraction for the team?

They get belted on Saturday then rock up to training on Monday to nothing but selfies, signatures and back slaps. They could very easily fall into not so old habits of thinking their farts smell like air fresheners no matter what happens on field, and most crucially, is Kev well equipped enough to keep their minds on their jobs?

Plenty to be concerned about at the moment. It's been a running theme for the past decade but right now the Broncos feel like they want to be literally anything else except a football club.

Few things In that.

One thing is Id love for James Graham to be on the coaching staff

Following on from "I Bleed Monthly's" post above, there is a very enlightening passage in this morning's Daily Tele article from Buzz where he alludes to quite a awkward situation in Bronco land. Quote from Buzz:

"That some of their glamour players are wandering around town, lapping up the superstar adulation, egos out of control and thinking they are better than they actually are. This needs to change."

No mention of who these players are, but its pretty easy to guess isn't it. Also mention from Buzz that he thinks Reyno is done due to all the injuries.

Youse lot really are in quite the pickle, aren't you.

Following on from "I Bleed Monthly's" post above, there is a very enlightening passage in this morning's Daily Tele article from Buzz where he alludes to quite a awkward situation in Bronco land. Quote from Buzz:

"That some of their glamour players are wandering around town, lapping up the superstar adulation, egos out of control and thinking they are better than they actually are. This needs to change."

No mention of who these players are, but its pretty easy to guess isn't it. Also mention from Buzz that he thinks Reyno is done due to all the injuries.

Souffs played well. :rofl

The standards set within the club aren’t high enough. We have been out worked all season and we’ve just let the players get away with it. It’s cross the board not just a few players as well. Why talk about being in the business of winning premierships if your actions don’t back it up?!

I can't believe you came back hahahaha. You make me feel better about things bcos it puts footy into perspective. Your life can always get more depressing you show me. Cheers!

Plan #1 for teams that come against us in the immediate future will be to spread it wide, so he will need an answer for that.

Number #2 will be get Walsh involved in tackles in the 20 m .
The fool will get himself into A defender . The opposition half will see this run to the other side of the play the ball then grubber on the opposite of the defence for the 2nd rower or centre to score . While Reece jogs along and watches them score !
Easy peasy and it won`t get remedied as evidenced the last few weeks .

I managed to find some footage of Redfern 1980 .
Origin scarf fail

Few things In that.

One thing is Id love for James Graham to be on the coaching staff

JG is just an echo for Tallis. I’ll listen to the MMM podcasts at work/driving & any take they have on the broncos is agenda driven by Tallis pushing for his mates to get jobs and white anting anyone who gets in the way of that.

I like that Kevvie has a good mate who's always advocating for him. He's going to need some of those if we continue to lose, and the piling on builds.

There's a decent case that none of this is Kevvie's fault, and whether it is or not, he's very possibly still our best option for 2025. I like Ben Te'o but he's not the answer. Neither is Barrett. If they're to be our deputies.

But those of us who've dissected every game over the last four years looking for flaws, and even those of us who love Kevvieball (that's me), can see we've reached some kind of terminal velocity that will require some new vector of coaching input to propel us beyond this funk.

It's not just needing to come from Kev though... the leadership group need to be driving standards.

Way too many times on the weekend there were just lazy efforts... Walsh not covering from fullback, Cobbo not chasing, Piakura with his 1%ers throughout the year, etc.

Players need to be called out and held accountable when they're trying to cut corners.

Is anyone out there communicating or are they all just "do it through my actions"?

If Kevvie is the only voice ripping into these guys then it can get lost as white noise... need the playing group to also tell them that it's not acceptable

The game was already heading in that direction and Seibold had enough experience with the team to realise he needed to change tact.

In fairness to Seibold, I don't think it was just the six again system that affected him. Not only did he have a horrific injury toll to contend with and a few player indiscretions to deal with but the NRL made further changes.

They brought the competition back, but didn't include a reserve grade so the junior players had limited opportunities to get some reps in.

The entire draw was changed, so the Broncos went from playing the Titans to the Eels.

It went back to a one referee system and the 10m suffered as a result. Teams that realised they could leave the line early benefitted.

I also think there was mixed messaging when it came to the resumption of the competition. It seemed like the Broncos were under the impression that the competition was going to start up later than it was.

So I think 'they changed it to six again and it disadvantaged us' doesn't quite cover it.

Still, Seibs had enough bad moments that I was happy to say he wasn't the right fit. All the best to him at Manly, they seem made for one another.
So we are on the same page?
You're not defending Seibold but there were reasons we were shit .

I've always been against Kevvie as a coach, didn't want him to sign with us, and I believe 2023 was result was in spite of, not because of him. However, we shouldn't be sacking him unless there is a better option available. The biggest issue is defensive coach, and it's on Kevvie and the club the find the best available.

With all the mates Kevvie has in the media who will be on full protection mode, it will take a lot more for him to get sacked.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • Maroon4life
  • Manofoneway
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.