THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
So we are on the same page?
You're not defending Seibold but there were reasons we were shit .
My point in all of this is that I wouldn't hang my hat on the opening two rounds of 2020.

If anything, 2019 proved the Broncos couldn't hang with the top teams.

In general, when things go that poorly there's plenty of blame to go around.

I like that Kevvie has a good mate who's always advocating for him. He's going to need some of those if we continue to lose, and the piling on builds.

There's a decent case that none of this is Kevvie's fault, and whether it is or not, he's very possibly still our best option for 2025. I like Ben Te'o but he's not the answer. Neither is Barrett. If they're to be our deputies.

But those of us who've dissected every game over the last four years looking for flaws, and even those of us who love Kevvieball (that's me), can see we've reached some kind of terminal velocity that will require some new vector of coaching input to propel us beyond this funk.
Agree! Nice one Mchunt.

It's not just needing to come from Kev though... the leadership group need to be driving standards.

Way too many times on the weekend there were just lazy efforts... Walsh not covering from fullback, Cobbo not chasing, Piakura with his 1%ers throughout the year, etc.

Players need to be called out and held accountable when they're trying to cut corners.

Is anyone out there communicating or are they all just "do it through my actions"?

If Kevvie is the only voice ripping into these guys then it can get lost as white noise... need the playing group to also tell them that it's not acceptable

Who makes up that group?

Reynolds is a great #7 and we are a far better side with him out there but that’s just him adding top tier direction and cohesion. His actual leadership and authority over the squad is overhyped because we see the same stupid shit with or without him in the team.

If we are calling a spade a spade, Reynolds is doing his absolute best to babysit a team of clueless talent and he doesn’t have any help, tough gig.

My point in all of this is that I wouldn't hang my hat on the opening two rounds of 2020.

If anything, 2019 proved the Broncos couldn't hang with the top teams.

In general, when things go that poorly there's plenty of blame to go around.
Sure, my point from the first post was there were circumstances around our results in 2020.
IMO the 6 again rule was a big factor in our results that year.

I'd be more interested in your take on our current situation, Kev, his coaching and where we are as a squad atm.

Who makes up that group?

Reynolds is a great #7 and we are a far better side with him out there but that’s just him adding top tier direction and cohesion. His actual leadership and authority over the squad is overhyped because we see the same stupid shit with or without him in the team.

If we are calling a spade a spade, Reynolds is doing his absolute best to babysit a team of clueless talent and he doesn’t have any help, tough gig.
Not even Pat?

Following on from "I Bleed Monthly's" post above, there is a very enlightening passage in this morning's Daily Tele article from Buzz where he alludes to quite a awkward situation in Bronco land. Quote from Buzz:

"That some of their glamour players are wandering around town, lapping up the superstar adulation, egos out of control and thinking they are better than they actually are. This needs to change."

No mention of who these players are, but its pretty easy to guess isn't it. Also mention from Buzz that he thinks Reyno is done due to all the injuries.

Youse lot really are in quite the pickle, aren't you.
You guys paid big dollars for a halfback who can't even make a Super League side. Oh dear.

Following on from "I Bleed Monthly's" post above, there is a very enlightening passage in this morning's Daily Tele article from Buzz where he alludes to quite a awkward situation in Bronco land. Quote from Buzz:

"That some of their glamour players are wandering around town, lapping up the superstar adulation, egos out of control and thinking they are better than they actually are. This needs to change."

No mention of who these players are, but its pretty easy to guess isn't it. Also mention from Buzz that he thinks Reyno is done due to all the injuries.

Youse lot really are in quite the pickle, aren't you.

I only got as far as ...."enlightening passage" from Buzz.

Who makes up that group?

I go back to what Seibold said when he coached us which was that the coaching staff had a game plan, but with some of the playing group you had to draw pictures. Seems we have a playing group with low iq and footy smarts, and this will certainly not help our current caching staff get the message across to them. Roster needs a shake up

How can we have such dumb *****....?

We have some of the smartest footy brains to have ever played the game at the Broncos......

How can we have such dumb *****....?

We have some of the smartest footy brains to have ever played the game at the Broncos......

Because we continue to recruit the biggest and fastest kids at each Rep carnival, instead of digging a bit deeper and finding the genuine footy players.

Athletes galore. Not so many footballers running around in our system currently….

I go back to what Seibold said when he coached us which was that the coaching staff had a game plan, but with some of the playing group you had to draw pictures. Seems we have a playing group with low iq and footy smarts, and this will certainly not help our current caching staff get the message across to them. Roster needs a shake up

I’m fairly sure I’ve heard Reyno say as much about the state of the playing group before his arrival as well

I particularly love how the club has turned into a laughing stock this year on the back of how pathetic the discipline of the players has been.

Because we continue to recruit the biggest and fastest kids at each Rep carnival, instead of digging a bit deeper and finding the genuine footy players.

Athletes galore. Not so many footballers running around in our system currently….

We had one in Herbie and we decided to undervalue him and burn that bridge.

Who makes up that group?

I know Payne and Staggs are in the leadership group, so potentially Reynolds, Patty, Payne and Staggs... unsure if there are any more in there as well.

It has to be a collective effort from the full playing group though... can't be accepting of short cuts as a squad.

The Storm playing group probably cut players down more than Bellamy... and that's kind of what you want so it's not the coach being the 'bad guy'... if you cut a corner you get ripped from the whole playing group.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • sooticus
  • theshed
  • Footy Fanatic
  • broncsgoat
  • johnny plath
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • mitch222
  • Broncosgirl
  • davidp
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.