THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Don't be getting all touchy fella, just because of the state your club is in. Youse had your chance in the GF last year and blew it. Another rebuild coming up with Trentie Boy most likely in charge and paying huge overs for duds like Mam and Cobbo for years to come.

Meanwhile, here in the burrow, we have the greatest coach of all time coming back to take us to the promised land, i.e. a premiership. Oh yeah, and don't be surprised if Adam ends up back here too as a mentor for our star young halfback signing, Lewis Dodd. He and Uncle Wayne are as thick as thieves if you didn't know. I"m sure they have already discussed the possibility as Reyno is a winner and will want to be associated with a winning Bunnies culture again.

Enjoy your Master coaches Kevvie and Trentie Boy.
I actually think you’re right on most accounts 😂

We're doing shit on the field but off the field is a very different story. We're doing really well off the field and DD is the one in charge of that.
Kind of my point in some previous posts. As business it’s all good. As a football club we’re shit. I’m not rocking up to cheer on gross profit. I’m rocking up to cheer on a team that wins!

Breaking News: Broncos mastercoach Kevvie "she'll be right" Walters has got his man as supercoach in waiting, Trent "I was once an assistant at Penrith Panthers" Barratt, signs a multi-year deal to join the team as Senior Assistant (and eventual head coach) at Brisbane Broncos.

Recent photo of dynamic duo Kevvie and Trent reviewing each other's 2025-2028 potential game plans and defensive strategies:
IMG 2463

The more I've thought about this today, after reading comments here and beyond, the more I'm convinced Kevvie should be let go at the end of this season. I think the experiment has run its course.

I was still with him even until half time yesterday, but that loss followed by that press conference, I can't do it.

The club will know better than us. They'll know if there's some kind of rift in the playing group, and/or the exodus of coaching staff relates to them moving onward and upward, or disatisfaction. If they've seen this coming, they should have replacements in mind.

The last thing we want is for next season to be written off as we watch Kevvie suffer a public lynching, followed by some interim shit coach like Barrett steering us into serial ridicule.
His press conference stating "we were flat" to me highlighted the fact he has zero answers to the way we are playing and that is a real concern.

Ring Bellamy.

Offer all his kids and grand kids jobs for life around the club.

Give him Karl Morris' river mansion.

Suck his dick.

Do whatever the **** it takes.
We did hat twice already and both times he got post nut clarity before he put pen to paper.

From what Buzz Rothfield says in the Daily Tele this morning, it's almost a done deal. Apparently Walters met up with him in Sydney a week or 2 ago to discuss a deal coming on board as the "Senior Assistant", which Trentie Boy is supposedly close to signing, according to Buzz. The next domino to fall once Kev gets sacked will see him then take over as your head coach you'd have to think. Jesus, youse blokes are in all sorts if this is what your coaching situation has come to!

Oh, by the way. Once we beat the Raiders this arvo, we will be ahead of youse on the table. Who would have thought, eh? LOL

Is Rothfield on the goon bag

Goon

I’m still willing to give Kevvie time, I want him to succeed but if we suffer any more results like yesterday, I won’t be against going in a different direction but we aren’t there yet. The response to yesterday from the players will be telling.

I’m still willing to give Kevvie time, I want him to succeed but if we suffer any more results like yesterday, I won’t be against going in a different direction but we aren’t there yet. The response to yesterday from the players will be telling.
Same here, I'd like to see some semblance of a game plan.
He def deserves next year.
If he then persists with this current approach it's thanks Kev but cya.

Yeah I was fairly strongly in the camp of “although I don’t think Kev is the guy, he’s earned another season due to last year”. I think I included the disclaimer that it would take a outright disastrous end to the season to change that.

Well, we aren’t quite at the point but we are getting very close. If he ends the season strong he will deserve a crack at next year but there a no excuses left. It’s fully his squad, origin is over, all players are back. It is purely a measure of coaching at this stage.

My last hope died when he tried to blame origin in the post game.
Hope is a dangerous thing

We need to recruit in the off-season.

We need a winger that can bring the ball back strong and we need a hard ass no nonsense forward. Someone that could offer what Palasia did. Preferably two.

Yes, you are right. He has one more game. If the players turn up and put a cricket score on the Titans, talk of him "losing the dressing room" might be misplaced. But if we lose emphatically, he should go once this season ends. We don't need to hear any more excuses.

Breaking News: Broncos mastercoach Kevvie "she'll be right" Walters has got his man as supercoach in waiting, Trent "I was once an assistant at Penrith Panthers" Barratt, signs a multi-year deal to join the team as Senior Assistant (and eventual head coach) at Brisbane Broncos.

Recent photo of dynamic duo Kevvie and Trent reviewing each other's 2025-2028 potential game plans and defensive strategies:
View attachment 28885
I think that’s enough now.

The manner of this loss concerns me greatly it really does. Let’s see what Kevvie has got in the remaining month of this season. If we rack up more huge defeats like this, I don’t see him surviving which would be so sad after the amazing work he has done turning us around.

That said, losses like today do make you wonder about the dressing room because if he has lost them, we’ll know pretty quick and that would not only be sad for Kevvie, it would be a pretty big indictment on the players.

I would like to look even beyond the head coach and find out why we’ve looked so unfit this year compared to last. What changed there? However is in charge of fitness needs to be the first one fired, we’ve looked behind everyone else all year.

We need to get in an actually good, proven defensive coach. It’s of course the bleeding obvious but if we have a defense that knows what it’s doing, we win this whole thing. The fact we are so far off the pace means we need to look at those two departments first and foremost.

If players don’t buy in to hard work - see you later. I’m still hopin Kevvie can turn it around and unless we see more flogging, I think he will be given the chance to do so but whatever the case, go and but the best defense and fitness coach money can buy, throw the chequebook at them. This in itself will go a long way to turning things around.
My concern in regards to this is who in the club has enough contacts and knowledge of the league to know who the best defensive and fitness coaches are?

Do we have enough football knowledge in the actual club at the moment?

When Bennett was here he basically controlled everything, but that cannot be expected of every coach that comes in.

Basically who is our head of football?? Or is it expected that DD is meant to be all knowledgeable with footy as well....

Active Now

• Ffs...
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • azza.79
  • MrMoore
  • rj9
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.