THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
This in particular. I have no idea why people still bring him up tbh. He isn't coming...not for any price.
We’re desperate but I guess we had our Bellamy type period when we had Bennett for so long. We just need to find that guy for us.

Kev being an old boy, I thought it was strange that Gordie came out & said the shit about Reynolds. And Gordie is an old boy.

Maybe Kev is worried that Reynolds has a bit of power amongst the players.

Or should I wear a tin foil hat.

Gordie has only came out pointing fingers at reynolds to distract the attention on Kevs job I think mate. It really made no sense to blame Reyno who has been injured for majority of the season and claiming he is the problem lol.

Beware the hyped assisstant coach. That's the issue for any club wanting to change coaches. The more I think about the Titans the more genius that was. Kept it super quiet, knew their guy and pulled it off.
Posters saying get Bellamy or Bennett, please stop. They are not a possibility. Both have more money than they can spend so it won't be decided on a paycheck. They both have agreements in place, so there is that.
Slater has emphatically stated he is not looking for a full time NRL gig so he is out.
It doesn't leave much. Assisstant coaches are a guess which leaves Maguire, JD, Arthur, Holbrook.
If we want to have a guess and go down the promising assisstant route then Hornby, Dean Young and Hannay stand out.
IMO Kev stays on next year but the club needs to take the assisstant coach choices out of his hands.
I would have liked to see Cam Smith and JD on the list of possibilities but Ben Teo? please.
Soft as **** choice with little experience and poses no threat to Kevs job.
If anything Kev has all but guaranteed his last year will be 2025 if he gets that far.
Very true statement. I’m not really sure where broncos will go from this point forward, you can sack Kev but you need a decent replacement to fill in the spot because if they don’t show up the media will burn them down to the ground. I honestly feel at this point I have seen enough of Kev and think it’s time to at least give someone else a shot even if it dosent work out perfectly.

Gordie has only came out pointing fingers at reynolds to distract the attention on Kevs job I think mate. It really made no sense to blame Reyno who has been injured for majority of the season and claiming he is the problem lol.
What if Gordie was suggesting Reyno hand over the captaincy duties to Patty so he could focus on his coaching the team? Otherwise it's up to Kevvie to coach.

The more I think on it the more I feel like there is something going on within the playing group that is undermining the team. A lot of them are too immature to manage to keep playing together if there has been some issues.

Our NRLW team sucks now too. Seems like the whole club is cooked.

Seriously though, how many times this year have teams scored 1 try against us and then it all breaks down and that turns into 3-4 unanswered tries. Kinda like the grand final.
Kinda like 2020. We'd get a six again against us and you'd just know we'd fall apart. It was definitely the year where we got our 6 agains in our own 20 and the opposition seemed to get them in the attacking 30.

Trauma.

If the club are going to dig their heels in on Kev, then at the very least the players need to start next pre-season getting a dose of reality. Send them back to the streets, doing the hard yards like bricklaying, landscaping, road work, picking up garbage in the city parks; There are some major league egos within this playing group that need to come back down to earth with a thud.

Anyone who doesn't like it can walk up to Donuts office and request a release. I wouldn't be upset, in fact it would be nice to watch some of the weeds pluck themselves out.

Shooting him out of a cannon too harsh you reckon? We could have a marching band? Maybe raffle off which lucky fan gets to light the fuse?

Or maybe we could just send him on a professional development trip somewhere overseas and just leave him there, he can come back if he ever finds any…?
Nothing wrong with showing people respect. I too think it is time Kevvie moved on but he’s a legend of the club, you don’t have be such a pig about it.

If the club are going to dig their heels in on Kev, then at the very least the players need to start next pre-season getting a dose of reality. Send them back to the streets, doing the hard yards like bricklaying, landscaping, road work, picking up garbage in the city parks; There are some major league egos within this playing group that need to come back down to earth with a thud.

Anyone who doesn't like it can walk up to Donuts office and request a release. I wouldn't be upset, in fact it would be nice to watch some of the weeds pluck themselves out.

How about a direct flight to Cuba on Mad Monday. Six weeks in Gitmo.

Going to be very disappointing when we don’t sack Kev and we miss the 8 again next year. Pretty pathetic.

For reference, here were the results on the Seibold poll.

Attachments

• IMG_7167.jpeg
    IMG_7167.jpeg
    259.9 KB · Views: 39
We had a lot of bad luck this year, and Kev has alluded to that a few times. However we had equally good luck last year. We can’t take credit for the good and use the bad as an excuse.

What you can observes is the controllables, and they have been consistently poor for a number of seasons. Recruitment, game plan, retention, selections, interchange.
The problem with the injury excuse is other teams had them including Penrith/Storm and still performed. We have not turned up even when we had our team together. The games we have won, we didn't play well. We have been terrible this year, we look like a team who isn't prepared to play physical.

One more thing to add, Ben Ikin leaving after all the crap went down was a big red flag against Kev as it appeared he couldn't work with somebody he felt was taking his shine or decisions away from him. This years recruitment ect is down to him and every one of them has sucked. The club gave Kev the Keys to the club, more money, an extension and he has blown it, showing himself to be not up to the task. It kills me to say it too as I love the bloke as the Broncos legend he is. But he is done as a coach.

One more thing to add, Ben Ikin leaving after all the crap went down was a big red flag against Kev as it appeared he couldn't work with somebody he felt was taking his shine or decisions away from him. This years recruitment ect is down to him and every one of them has sucked. The club gave Kev the Keys to the club, more money, an extension and he has blown it, showing himself to be not up to the task. It kills me to say it too as I love the bloke as the Broncos legend he is. But he is done as a coach.

Problem probably Kevies obsession with the "Broncos" way. When that way hasn't been relevant for 20 years and superior methodologies exist because the advantages of 90's/00's Broncos are almost non-existant.

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Alec
  • Dreaglor
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • theshed
  • pagey
  • winslow_wong
  • Brocko
  • Astro
  • Morkel
  • broncos4life
  • kman
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Redux
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Mr Fourex
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.