THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Here are your basic candidates list:

Keep Kevvie
Hannay
Hornby
Maguire
Arthur
Rohan Smith
Shaun Wane
Adrian Lam
Trent Barrett
Big Ears
Slater (he isn’t a chance but anyway)
Ben Teo
Justin Hodges
Luke Birt
Corey Parker
Adam Reynolds
The Fans
Other

Go

Well last week I said if we get flogged again, I’d be very concerned and so I am very concerned. I don’t think Kevvie is the only problem though but he certainly is part of it.

Look at what Seesbums is doing at Manly, they are being able to put in to practice at least some of the things he is saying because they seem to have some kind of intelligence.

I don’t think players should be getting a free pass here either, they are clearly just dumb and some hard decisions are going to need to be made now. I don’t like the idea and never have of just sacking the coach because the players suck.

That said, Kevvie is in trouble and so he should be. I don’t know for sure where it has all gone wrong but the speed it has done so is the biggest worry.

Right now coaching is a huge issue, players taking short cuts is a huge issue - they don’t even look like they like each other, conditioning has been an issue all year and recruitment continues to be abysmal.

Among the hard decisions need to be getting a new conditioning coach, bringing on board an assistant who we think has the potential to be next head coach and I’m thinking both Hannah and Hornsby, hey maybe sack Kev and give these two plus whoever else is highly rated a legit chance at getting the job.

The answer is not Michael Maguire - he would be an awful fit for this team, he’d lose them in the very first session he ran. I would like at some point to take a punt on a highly regarded rookie coach, we need to take a risk.

We also need to look at recruitment as mentioned, I’d be trying to get Sexton and some legit hard workers. If Walker were possible, throw everything at him but that’s a pipe dream. That said, if you need to give up a Staggs or even a Haas to do it, do it.

We need to re-sign Willison ASAP. It would also be nice to announce Oates as weeklong and extension me for Mozer, Te Kurt and Walsh but not on 1.5, it’s too salary cap imbalancing.

And I really hope we’ve signed Skelton as rumoured but given we haven’t made any signing announcements whatsoever, I doubt it. He should go a long way to solving our slack back five issue. As talented as they are, you can’t have Staggs, Mariner and Cobbo all in the same backline, they don’t work hard enough early in sets and all three seem really dumb.

I’d be looking very carefully at the futures of all of Hetherington, Reynolds, Cobbo, Staggs and even Haas purely in terms of how much salary cap he takes up. I’m also not sure what to do with Jensen but Willison should start next year and Te Kura on to the bench.

Some big changes are needed, I’m just not sure they should include Kevvie yet but these last two losses are on track to making it unavoidable. If the team doesn’t respond in the remaining games then I think Kevvie is gone. How sad.
I think Madge would be perfect, especially after this years origin series.
Need to recruit a few older hard edge players/ forwards to help drive the standards though so he doesn’t hurt the inflated egos in the group..
Or maybe that’s you want to happen to separate the wheat from the chaff..

I love kevvie but the fact that the broncs have been pumping out this crud for 2 months straight with no improvement whatsoever, and kevvie “I’m not sure what the problem is” type comments every press conference shows he’s not the man for the job, unless he figures out he needs to change whatever he’s been doing and they go on a run and pretty much win all of their remaining games, or at least show some heart and be fighting and working hard for the full 80 mins..
Not giving up and capitulating like we are seeing now and was the trade mark of the seibold era.

Drill Sergeant Hasler has transformed the titans.
Ciraldo ruffled some feathers when he first came in and set the standards.
Bellamy is a hard ass when he needs to be and the players respond or see ya later..

I think the entitlement attitude has crept back in, and there are players in the group that aren’t fully dedicated to the cause, blokes just going through the motions..

I wonder if the boys are big partiers..
Did I read on here a while back that Man loves a good rinse out?
I know the drinking culture in aus and footy is a thing, but these days if you wanna be up there with the best, ie storm and panthers, you surely have to adjust the lifestyle and be ticking all the boxes on the field and off, and earn the right to have a good drink..
MILF the perfect example of the negative effects of poor lifestyle choices outside footy..

The attitude of the group has changed from last year for sure..
Gotta figure out why and fix it.

My biggest issue is still the performance levels over results. I can see why with our injuries we might struggle for results, i'm not seeing the excuse for our ineptness in almost every aspect of Rugby league.

My biggest issue is still the performance levels over results. I can see why with our injuries we might struggle for results, i'm not seeing the excuse for our ineptness in almost every aspect of Rugby league.
You’re on the money. Our inability to not get the basics of rugby league right this year is staggering. It really does come down to effort for the most part. I believe there is a lot more dramas within the playing group than we know about. It looks like a toxic environment between them all tbh.

Keep Kevvie
Hannay
Hornby
Maguire
Arthur
Rohan Smith
Shaun Wane
Adrian Lam
Trent Barrett
Big Ears
Ben Teo
Justin Hodges
Luke Birt
Corey Parker
Adam Reynolds
The Fans
Other

Go
When is Seibold off contract?

Kevvie has to be given the offseason. There has been too much contributing factors to really see if this is a result of Kevvie’s coaching or lack thereof. The shortened preseason, Vegas trip, injuries and more importantly in game injuries.

We’ve seen what this team can do when there are no injuries, we were a damn good team last year, but we have inexperience in the spine and an inexperienced head coach.

I’m happy for Kevvie to be given next year, but winning is a must.

Keep Kevvie
Hannay
Hornby
Maguire
Arthur
Rohan Smith
Shaun Wane
Adrian Lam
Trent Barrett
Big Ears
Ben Teo
Justin Hodges
Luke Birt
Corey Parker
Adam Reynolds
The Fans
Other

Go
I'd add Holbrook to the potentials list, did some okay things with the tits at times.

Totally agree.
It’s not just about winning, it’s the way you win and the way you lose.
We have looked miles off the mark all season and no one with any power was even remotely concerned.

Kevvie has to be given the offseason. There has been too much contributing factors to really see if this is a result of Kevvie’s coaching or lack thereof. The shortened preseason, Vegas trip, injuries and more importantly in game injuries.

We’ve seen what this team can do when there are no injuries, we were a damn good team last year, but we have inexperience in the spine and an inexperienced head coach.

I’m happy for Kevvie to be given next year, but winning is a must.
Anyone can make hay while the sun shines. The true test of character comes during adversity. In this test we have abysmally failed.

Keep Kevvie
Hannay
Hornby
Maguire
Arthur
Rohan Smith
Shaun Wane
Adrian Lam
Trent Barrett
Big Ears
Ben Teo
Justin Hodges
Luke Birt
Corey Parker
Adam Reynolds
The Fans
Other

Go
The only success we've had in our history is under Wayne and that's probably because he looked after absolutely everything.

Early on in our history we had football intelligence in the upper management and through the ownership... then they went to Melbourne... but Bennett controlled everything.

If we're still operating under the same model then we will need a coach that can do everything... so scratch off any rookie coach

Were there reports back in 2018 that Bennett presented a plan to the board that he would coach for 2 more years, hand it over to Demetriou and then step back into a head of coaching type role?

I know the broncos wanted him to go straight back into a head of football role, but there were already too many knives in his back at that point and he told them to shove it

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mick_Hancock
  • FACTHUNT
  • Redux
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Santa
  • Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.