THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I still think with fresh eyes in the assistant coaching roles Kevvie can turn it around like he did last year. I think he's built up enough good will to be given the offseason, but the team will need to start the year off on fire for that goodwill to continue.
The decision has likely not even been on the board's radar at all so hunting down a new head coach when you're starting a new preseason in November / December (ie. 12 weeks or so)... is a pretty tight deadline... especially if that coach wants new support staff.

Personally I want a thorough independent review completed to identify what the causes were for this season... and I want that reviewer to be skilled and knowledgable of league.

In the Seibold years wasnt there an old school Broncos admin that was brought in for awhile or was that coaching?? Cant recall his name @Big Pete can you recall?

I believe one of the later reviews was completed by the former head of Australian Netball or something.

But I would want a league "expert" that is independent to come in and compete the review... need to know if it's fitness, R&R, coaching, injuries, player unrest, etc. or all of the above. And then how to fix the issues.

Much like you shouldn't drop a player if the replacement isn't better, you can't sack Kev if you don't have a better option lined up. I totally understand and agree, the question marks about Kev being the right guy going forward are valid and massive, but don't pull the trigger because you've decided Kev isn't the guy.....you pull the trigger because you've decided Kev isn't the guy AND you believe you have found the right guy, and secured him.
If you can't do that, you might as well give Kev 2025, BUT it's critical he gets the best assistants possible, and I think that decision now needs to be in the hands of the club.

They'll do their reviews and all that but from a casual fan's perspective, it just looks like it's been a car crash of a season. Injuries, the odd off field discretion, origin, etc. The difference between our depth and our regular 17 is miles apart, particularly on the edges.

We haven't been able to get any momentum through our season at all.

I don't think this is a result of Patty and Reyno having a bit of a push and shove, as if we all haven't been involved in one of those at some point when one of our mates has had a bit too much. Probably happens every week at training.

There is no hard edge to this side.

Walsh was meant to be maturing and despite Uncle Patty’s best efforts hasn’t happened.

Haas best games were in a blue jersey when he showed some aggression.

Patty and Jensen can’t do it on their own.

Coaches son is undroppable

Will Kev drop his son? Will he come down on Walsh? Can he sort out our defence?

Much like you shouldn't drop a player if the replacement isn't better, you can't sack Kev if you don't have a better option lined up. I totally understand and agree, the question marks about Kev being the right guy going forward are valid and massive, but don't pull the trigger because you've decided Kev isn't the guy.....you pull the trigger because you've decided Kev isn't the guy AND you believe you have found the right guy, and secured him.
If you can't do that, you might as well give Kev 2025, BUT it's critical he gets the best assistants possible, and I think that decision now needs to be in the hands of the club.
The timing never works like that. Eels missed any shot at WB because they couldn’t decide if they were going to sack BA. Also, sometimes you will never know if the replacement is better until they have been given a chance.
Who would have thought Lockyer would be a great 5/8 or Berrigan a premiership winning hooker. When nothing is working and you have nothing to lose, that’s the time to take chances.

Soo glad people here have no say in how our cub is run, we would be worse than tigers if it was the case.

They'd need to extend the playing list to sixty to cover for the number of players we'd go through week to week. Twenty of those would just be backrowers.

They'd need to extend the playing list to sixty to cover for the number of players we'd go through week to week. Twenty of those would just be backrowers.
Just out of curiosity, What are we permitted whinge about on the forum in your view?
We have no say in the way our players train or are managed, the only solution we could possibly suggest is to get rid of them.
Saying every week we should just magically fix all our underperforming players sounds pretty boring.

Just out of curiosity, What are we permitted whinge about on the forum in your view?
We have no say in the way our players train or are managed, the only solution we could possibly suggest is to get rid of them.
Saying every week we should just magically fix all our underperforming players sounds pretty boring.

You can whinge about whatever you want. I'm not your mum.

But since this is a forum, I can make jokes about it if I want.

Wonder if Tallis will have much to say on 360 tonight

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • IceWorks
  • leish107
  • Bucking Beads
  • mitch222
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.