THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
The pressure is not mutually exclusive. Everyone is under pressure but no more so than the guy whose job it is to get the team to be competitive in the finals.
But in terms of media.. fans are obviously ignored for good reason - we wouldnt have a competition because every player and coach would be sacked from every club every week. But in terms of media - the pressure is all on the players. The only questions ive heard about Kevy's coaching is from Crawls who everybody ignores anyway and Corey Parker who is a sociopath. Even listening to Buzz, Hoops, Braith on NRL 360 they all just concede that Kevy will be there next year and the club is looking particularly at the pats on the back or whatever, painted nails, swagger etc. Nothing really on Kevs ability to coach or him being at risk of losing his job.

But in terms of media.. fans are obviously ignored for good reason - we wouldnt have a competition because every player and coach would be sacked from every club every week. But in terms of media - the pressure is all on the players. The only questions ive heard about Kevy's coaching is from Crawls who everybody ignores anyway and Corey Parker who is a sociopath. Even listening to Buzz, Hoops, Braith on NRL 360 they all just concede that Kevy will be there next year and the club is looking particularly at the pats on the back or whatever, painted nails, swagger etc. Nothing really on Kevs ability to coach or him being at risk of losing his job.
Bloke in a bar went pretty hard on Kev by their standards. Fox are all Kev’s mates. The ball is in his court, if he keeps losing the way he has been, they won’t be able to keep pretending not to see it as hard as they may try.

Regardless of your job......you live and die by the end results.

The Broncs will...and quite rightly so, (IF they are the sort of club one wants to be affiliated with) give Kevie 2025.
He's earned that.
but 2026
will be very dependant on a 2025 turn around.

If we lose the first 8-10 games...if we're lingering on the bottom when SOO comes around......

robert de niro smoke GIF

So DD told Buzz Kev will be there next year.
What I heard was he has the full support of the board.

Tbh, he is not going to tell Slothfield that he is planning to change the head coach. DD responded in the correct manner by supporting coach and captain and saying full review of everything at seasons end. I fully expect KW to be coach next season, but hope to God there is a plan in place to ensure next season does not turn out the same.

In the Seibold years wasnt there an old school Broncos admin that was brought in for awhile or was that coaching?? Cant recall his name @
Big Pete
Big Pete can you recall?
I've been racking my brain but nothing rings a bell. I'm pretty sure Seibold brought in his own crew which included Gentle, Devlin, Cross, Wong and Parker. Croll and Richards also returned/stuck around as well.

Off-topic, but I remember they did a pre-season video where Seibold went into his usual routine. If nothing else, he worked hard but it seemed like information overload. He'd get Demas Wong to tape entire sessions with the drone, he'd then review the footage and then have one on one sessions with players using that footage after each session.

Coaches clearly see value in it and Demas has since moved onto bigger and better things at Penrith. However it just struck me as odd, like he was trying to lecture players instead of coaching them.

So DD told Buzz Kev will be there next year.
What I heard was he has the full support of the board.
As soon as the club feels the need to come out and say the coach is safe, it usually means game over.
I am aware we aren’t there yet though.

Tbh, he is not going to tell Slothfield that he is planning to change the head coach. DD responded in the correct manner by supporting coach and captain and saying full review of everything at seasons end. I fully expect KW to be coach next season, but hope to God there is a plan in place to ensure next season does not turn out the same.
Exactly. If when they do a season review, KW has insight into the problems and ideas to fix them it would be silly to sack him.
If he just says I dunno what went wrong maybe it was state of origin and his typical press conference excuses, why wouldn’t he get sacked?

No we aren't. We are where Brad Arthur was at the end of last year. Maybe even less so along the line. Kevy will be given the chance to correct it with a pre season and the club will give him every opportunity to succeed.
You might be right. Right down to us hiring Parramatta's caretaker coach, ready to assume his position.

What a year it will be, done that way.

The decision has likely not even been on the board's radar at all so hunting down a new head coach when you're starting a new preseason in November / December (ie. 12 weeks or so)... is a pretty tight deadline... especially if that coach wants new support staff.

Personally I want a thorough independent review completed to identify what the causes were for this season... and I want that reviewer to be skilled and knowledgable of league.

In the Seibold years wasnt there an old school Broncos admin that was brought in for awhile or was that coaching?? Cant recall his name @Big Pete can you recall?

I believe one of the later reviews was completed by the former head of Australian Netball or something.

But I would want a league "expert" that is independent to come in and compete the review... need to know if it's fitness, R&R, coaching, injuries, player unrest, etc. or all of the above. And then how to fix the issues.

Vikki Wilson, she is still on the Broncos board.

I've been racking my brain but nothing rings a bell. I'm pretty sure Seibold brought in his own crew which included Gentle, Devlin, Cross, Wong and Parker. Croll and Richards also returned/stuck around as well.

Off-topic, but I remember they did a pre-season video where Seibold went into his usual routine. If nothing else, he worked hard but it seemed like information overload. He'd get Demas Wong to tape entire sessions with the drone, he'd then review the footage and then have one on one sessions with players using that footage after each session.

Coaches clearly see value in it and Demas has since moved onto bigger and better things at Penrith. However it just struck me as odd, like he was trying to lecture players instead of coaching them.
Wasn't so much someone in the coaching staff... I thought it was a former CEO or board member that came back to the club for a period to do a role or conduct a review or something

Or maybe he was actually coaching the individual and trying to get them to improve and the players at the time were too young or have been in a Bennett system for so long they couldn't get their head around that there is more to the game than just playing on effort.

Or maybe he was actually coaching the individual and trying to get them to improve and the players at the time were too young or have been in a Bennett system for so long they couldn't get their head around that there is more to the game than just playing on effort.
The impression I got was that he was too into theory, not enough into prac and that translated onto the field. It seemed like he was overly reliant on these replays and would wait until he had the footage before he'd assess his players.

The impression I got was that he was too into theory, not enough into prac and that translated onto the field. It seemed like he was overly reliant on these replays and would wait until he had the footage before he'd assess his players.
It would seem odd to wait until after a training session to run through what they're doing wrong.

Correct them whilst they're on the field and they can see what is happening in front of them and physically move them to where they need to be.

How the **** you meant to learn from a drone 30m in the air instead of through your own eyes.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • winslow_wong
  • Astro
  • Dexter
  • Culhwch
  • bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncos4life
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Howie
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.