THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
2024 was also the year our spine that took us to the grand final played something like 5 and a half games together all season.
4 games we lost without Reynolds and/or Walsh by 8 points or less, with those 2 it's fair to say we win those games and we'd be sitting 5th on the table.

Injuries have played a massive part in this years results especially our 2 main players missing which what they do for the team a next man up bloke can't.

And given one of those replacements, Sailor, basically managed to lose us three games on his own, the team has just been really unlucky this year.

Genius move by the reporter to ask Billy that question. They would’ve known how much attention it would get if he bit.

Not sure why he didn’t just give it a simple “I’m not going to dignify that question with an answer”

Genius move by the reporter to ask Billy that question. They would’ve known how much attention it would get if he bit.

Not sure why he didn’t just give it a simple “I’m not going to dignify that question with an answer”
Nah **** em, they are fake fans.

Because he is a professional rugby league player ... And generally none of them are smart enough to answer the germs that report on this sport in that manner.

I've heard coaches go that route on rare occasions, but never a player

It was a 14 game losing streak that kevy broke keeping the storm to nil. Bennet is on an 11 almost 12 game losing streak.

Doesn't change the astonishing results kevy has brought to the club off the back of a wooden spoon.

You said 14 years, not games. Anyway, one game is hardly breaking a hoodoo. Law of averages suggests you will get the odd win here and there.

He's done a lot of good Kevvie, but he's been in charge when we have had one of the biggest chokes in a grand final and one of the most monumental collapses i've seen from any team in any sport, and thats on top of how bad we have actually performed this year. Injuries arent any excuse for the way we have played in a lot of games. If he gets lauded for when we play well, logically, its on him as well when we play poorly. Cant have things both ways.

2024 was also the year our spine that took us to the grand final played something like 5 and a half games together all season.
4 games we lost without Reynolds and/or Walsh by 8 points or less, with those 2 it's fair to say we win those games and we'd be sitting 5th on the table.

Injuries have played a massive part in this years results especially our 2 main players missing which what they do for the team a next man up bloke can't.

I've always said, i think the injuries have played a huge part in our results this year. Any team losing a lot of key players is going to struggle. I just dont think you can blame injuries for our performance levels. So many games we just havent done the basics right.

You said 14 years, not games. Anyway, one game is hardly breaking a hoodoo. Law of averages suggests you will get the odd win here and there.

He's done a lot of good Kevvie, but he's been in charge when we have had one of the biggest chokes in a grand final and one of the most monumental collapses i've seen from any team in any sport, and thats on top of how bad we have actually performed this year. Injuries arent any excuse for the way we have played in a lot of games. If he gets lauded for when we play well, logically, its on him as well when we play poorly. Cant have things both ways.
Yes, I was correcting myself after you pointed it out - 14 games not years. Law of averages? How many times have we kept them to nil? never - thanks Kev

I agree, definitely deserves criticism but that does not need to equate to sacking him. Given the turn around in form from the wooden spoon to runners up there has to be some belief that our team, coach included are our best chance at another GF in the short term. It was less than 12 months ago after all.....

We don't make the GF without Kevy in 2023 regardless of the collapse during the game or if it cost us the premiership.

If we are blaming injuries for this year do we apportion some blame to injuries as to why we were so good last year? We had hardly any.

I'm undecided, keen to hear other people's thoughts?

Personally I think sacking kev at this stage might be pulling the trigger a bit early....one more year the old bugger deserves I guess.

Yes, I was correcting myself after you pointed it out - 14 games not years. Law of averages? How many times have we kept them to nil? never - thanks Kev

I agree, definitely deserves criticism but that does not need to equate to sacking him. Given the turn around in form from the wooden spoon to runners up there has to be some belief that our team, coach included are our best chance at another GF in the short term. It was less than 12 months ago after all.....

We don't make the GF without Kevy in 2023 regardless of the collapse during the game or if it cost us the premiership.

Yep, law of averages. Even great teams lose games badly from time to time. You are getting carried away with one game. Thats all it is. I'm more impressed with consistency of performance.

You cant just wave away the rubbish we have served up and just praise the good. If he's responsible for the run to the grand final, he's responsible for the collapse. If he's responsible for improving us in some years, he's responsible for the regression in our performances this year.

I've got no doubt he will get next year. I'm not one of these people who buys he deserves his chance based on one outstanding year of football or that he is good bloke and a Broncos legend. Coaches live and die on results and performances, and ours have been poor, but i dont see us pulling the trigger.

Personally I think sacking kev at this stage might be pulling the trigger a bit early....one more year the old bugger deserves I guess.

Suspicious Weighing Options GIF

Yep, law of averages. Even great teams lose games badly from time to time. You are getting carried away with one game. Thats all it is. I'm more impressed with consistency of performance.

You cant just wave away the rubbish we have served up and just praise the good. If he's responsible for the run to the grand final, he's responsible for the collapse. If he's responsible for improving us in some years, he's responsible for the regression in our performances this year.

I've got no doubt he will get next year. I'm not one of these people who buys he deserves his chance based on one outstanding year of football or that he is good bloke and a Broncos legend. Coaches live and die on results and performances, and ours have been poor, but i dont see us pulling the trigger.
Correct - so you must be impressed that the difference in our win percentage improved 100% for three years straight right? Literally doubled every year for three years culminating in a grand final? Thats pretty consistent...Regardless of making the finals, all three of those years were successful from the clubs perspective - we were coming from the wooden spoon.

I completely agree - as I said he deserves criticism for the performances but 70% of the forum think he should be sacked. I find it ridiculous considering what he has accomplished in such a short time. The only anomaly is this season - shouldn't be sacked off the back of one poor season

It's hard to blame him for the GF loss when the majority of the points we scored and when we got the lead plus the capitulation all happened after he talked to the team last.

Billy Walters with the shot of the season on all you fake fans.

"It's pretty red hot from a few, I suppose, fake fans to say Kevvie's not the right man for the job," he said.

"He took this team from a wooden spoon (in 2020) to within five minutes of a grand final (win in 2023) so I think it's pretty red hot to try and turn around after one season with the injuries we've had to say he's not the right man for the job.

"He's definitely the most passionate Broncos man going around and he knows how to win and it's definitely been on the players this year, not on Kev, that the results haven't come. So definitely, he's the right man for the job.

"It would probably be a bit disheartening if we do win all three of these games and still miss out on the eight, but again that's on us. We dropped too many games during that Origin period and we've got no one else to blame."

I mean, he's not wrong.

Wonder how that opinion goes down around the squad though, especially considering some of our players .....apparently(?) do have a small problem with kev.

Sorry guys, dad is blameless, it's all you pleb players who are to blame for our shit season.

Haas should sock him one and tell him to shut up.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Alec
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.