THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
At the time it made sense to prioritise Staggs and Cobbo.
It’s just just a shame the latter has really not worked out at centre at all…
Cobbo was killing it at centre to start the year... then he was chopped and changed to cover all the other outside back spots from injuries, because we had no depth, and then he hit a wall from niggling injuries and origin... and now he's out waiting on the DV situation.

I'd say he doesn't get fatigued and hit the wall if he doesnt get picked for origin, but his form was so good that he was basically first picked in the backs... Hammer was injured leading up to it, Coates injured before the series, Val's form up and down, etc.

There's a reason Cobbo is like 3rd in the player voting this year... and it's because he was fucking killing it to start the year.

It was basically Herbie who...

This is the reason why we should not be rushing to get rid of him (dependent on course on what has actually happened with the non-football stuff), he was fantastic to start the year. He then played a fantastic origin 1, got dropped for some reason for origin 2 and everything went down hill from there.

As I have said before, it all comes down to what comes out in the review as to why this season went off the rails. Ultimately, as long as he has not lost the dressing room, there are enough mitigating factors this year to give him next year to see if he right the ship.

If we are going to go looking I am starting to think it might be worth considering making a really competitive offer for a 3 year contract to Ciraldo.

Ciraldo is on contract until the end of 2027.
Didnt stop Penrith taking Ivan.

I'm not sure if Ciraldo would leave anyway... he's got Gould there looking after the football dept at the moment allowing him to focus on the team.

He wont necessarily have someone doing that at the Broncos...

If we are going to go looking I am starting to think it might be worth considering making a really competitive offer for a 3 year contract to Ciraldo.
....you want someone/the coach to kick Selwyn's arse
don't you.

Wondering if **** has been going down with Cobbo longer than we as fans realise. Is it this that might have caused, or at least contributed to some kind of fracture within the playing group?

Could this be why Kev seems to have no answers in his press conferences? If I am right .. there was absolutely nothing Kev could have said. He can't come out and say there's a fracture within the playing group, if it involved Cobbo.

The second I heard about Cobbo .. this has been on my mind.

Wondering if **** has been going down with Cobbo longer than we as fans realise. Is it this that might have caused, or at least contributed to some kind of fracture within the playing group?

Could this be why Kev seems to have no answers in his press conferences? If I am right .. there was absolutely nothing Kev could have said. He can't come out and say there's a fracture within the playing group, if it involved Cobbo.

The second I heard about Cobbo .. this has been on my mind.
My thoughts are the fracture was part to do with the staff knocking TPJ back. He was very popular with certain players in the team and they did want him back in the fold.

Coincidentally the drop off conicided round about the same time it became evident he was not going to be signed. So he went from our feeder club direct to the Redcliffe porpoise.

My thoughts are the fracture was part to do with the staff knocking TPJ back. He was very popular with certain players in the team and they did want him back in the fold.

Coincidentally the drop off conicided round about the same time it became evident he was not going to be signed. So he went from our feeder club direct to the Redcliffe porpoise.
And then royally shafted them. He is toxic, correct call by us both to get rid of him and to not invite the fox back into the henhouse.

Billy Walters with the shot of the season on all you fake fans.

"It's pretty red hot from a few, I suppose, fake fans to say Kevvie's not the right man for the job," he said.

"He took this team from a wooden spoon (in 2020) to within five minutes of a grand final (win in 2023) so I think it's pretty red hot to try and turn around after one season with the injuries we've had to say he's not the right man for the job.

"He's definitely the most passionate Broncos man going around and he knows how to win and it's definitely been on the players this year, not on Kev, that the results haven't come. So definitely, he's the right man for the job.

"It would probably be a bit disheartening if we do win all three of these games and still miss out on the eight, but again that's on us. We dropped too many games during that Origin period and we've got no one else to blame."

Active Now

• Midean
  • theshed
  • Spooky1013
  • Manofoneway
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Shane Tronc
  • Harry Sack
  • BooKhaki
  • Dreaglor
  • Porthoz
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • broncsgoat
  • Rambstien
  • FACTHUNT
  • Justwin
  • RolledOates
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.