THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Might sound crazy but if Kev does go this year I'd consider giving the Walkers bros the reigns for 25, give them the same amount of time Kev would of gotten to prove themselves otherwise we head hunt the coach we want for a fresh start in 26 without Reynolds.
If the Walkers turn things around we probably get Sam for 26.

I don't want any coach that has played for the Broncos to be head coach.

I don't think we get Sam Walker anyway.

Which of these options is going to get the best of the squad with the very important background point that they will seemingly once again have little to no support from management?

- Kevvie continues
- Shaun Wane (@McHunt's suggestion)
- Willie Peters (@Wolfie's suggestion)
- Trent Barrett (incoming assistant)
- Ben Hornby (current interim Souths coach)
- Michael Maguire (current NSW coach, no success at NRL level in years but won it with Souths)
- Justin Holbrook (former Titans' coach with no success but had success at St Helens)
- Brad Arthur (former GF coach currently coaching Leeds BUT used to working under disfunctional management, experienced)
- Andree Demetriou (out of his depth at NRL, newly appointed PNG coach)
- Rohan Smith (was on an upward trajectory, is up himself, recently sacked by Leeds)
- Josh Hannay (inexperienced but highly regarded and considered one of the next cabs off the rank, has been consistently overlooked for head coaching roles)
- Anyone else (Broncoshq' most prevalent suggestion)
I would also like Cameron Smith as an assistant, with possibly trajectory to head coach. I have no evidence he'd be interested in the role.

Smith, Cameron.

Just imagine the headlines if he pulled it off

I am starting to 'dislike' him.

Not taking ownership when things have gone wrong. 'Believing' we were finals bound, when fans knew several months ago we were cooked.
Exactly.
Rinse and repeat
I’ll never dislike Kev he’s a club legend and deservedly so but is out of his depth coaching the way the game is these days.

Which of these options is going to get the best of the squad with the very important background point that they will seemingly once again have little to no support from management?

- Kevvie continues
- Shaun Wane (@McHunt's suggestion)
- Willie Peters (@Wolfie's suggestion)
- Trent Barrett (incoming assistant)
- Ben Hornby (current interim Souths coach)
- Michael Maguire (current NSW coach, no success at NRL level in years but won it with Souths)
- Justin Holbrook (former Titans' coach with no success but had success at St Helens)
- Brad Arthur (former GF coach currently coaching Leeds BUT used to working under disfunctional management, experienced)
- Andree Demetriou (out of his depth at NRL, newly appointed PNG coach)
- Rohan Smith (was on an upward trajectory, is up himself, recently sacked by Leeds)
- Josh Hannay (inexperienced but highly regarded and considered one of the next cabs off the rank, has been consistently overlooked for head coaching roles)
- Anyone else (Broncoshq' most prevalent suggestion)
Hannah and some hard **** to drill it into these soft ***** with the exception of arrogant of course.

I just caught the result of titans v knights. Did ponga save obrien again?
I was nervous that they’d sack obrien before Kev walked or was sacked and the dickheads at the club would bring on this absolute flog

Just a reminder that Trent Robinson has also some pretty rough seasons and he’s considered one of the best coaches. I’m still in the give Kevvie another year club.
Robinson has one bad season in an otherwise incredible coaching career. Multiple premierships, multiple minor prems, coach of the year awards, only missed the finals once in 12 years of NRL.

He was coach of the year his first season at Catalans after he took them from last to playing semis. The coach the year before? Kev Walters.

if anything, Kev and Trent have almost the exact opposite careers. Trent has seen massive success everywhere he’s gone with only a single bad season. Kev has had terrible results everywhere accept for one good season.

This man will win a premiership.
Feel free to cut this post out and stick it to your fridge.
Which year Alec ? And is any result bad enough to cut his tenure short before then or are you offering him lifetime guaranteed employment ?
The answers to this are what I want on the fridge.

I understand the desire for hope, but what makes you think the club is in any way proactive enough to be looking at such a thing?

Is there anything whatsoever about our club, that smacks of a proactive, innovative approach to anything?

To me unfortunately, everything is a reactive, rest on our laurels approach, that expects everything will work out just fine because “they are the Broncos” and do absolutely nothing, until the house is literally falling down around their ears.

Then, maybe, they’ll look into doing something different. Which has been for a ludicrously extended period a variation on “try and sign Craig Bellamy…”

When that didn‘t work out we went and signed Dave Donaghy because “ he ran Melbourne and they were successful”. Let‘s just copy what they do…

The club is so bereft of innovative ideas to try and improve ourselves, it is almost pitiful to watch.

Kev is just the latest example of that. He is an absolute deer in the headlights. Blinking, uncomprehending, ex-footy player who thinks he can make a go of being a coach.

Last year the footy gods kissed him on the dick and we got extremely lucky. This year every loss has been some variation on “oh yeah, we’ll fix that up, we’ll be right. Our best football is still ahead of us. All season, long…”

Before and since it’s back to his usual awful record of mediocre results with no ability to fix any systemic problems with our football such as:

1. Defence.
2. Error rate.
3. Lack of structure in any facet.
4. Recruitment and retention.
5. The ability to hold anyone in our squad accountable for their performance.
Couldn’t agree more

I don't want any coach that has played for the Broncos to be head coach.

I don't think we get Sam Walker anyway.
Seriously why would anyone want to sign with us? We are beyond a joke.
If my son was offered a contract with the broncos I’d certainly tell him to look elsewhere…

I don't think they need a new coach no, but I do think they need to review the type of staff around Kev.

I think for too long the Broncos have fallen into the trap of good player equals good coaching staff, but it doesn't.

Let's see how Dolphins defence goes today?

I lean towards guys like Ahearn or Smith- good teachers and even Ballin. I have been calling for Smith but now the Dolphins have snapped him up for next year so that's gone. Who did Bennett have in the box with him last night? The Norths coach Dave Elliot.

Before that I think the Broncos need to get old school- rock hard fitness and a 12-week pre-season will fix a lot of things. Bennett used to say soft gyms make soft people- no music no air con just work.

The Broncos need a Billy Johnstone off season. Rocky four- here is the equipment you require type stuff.

If you're super fit, your defence improves your resilience improves. I said months ago they had a 94-96 Broncos about them, and I stand by that- the hard work hasn't been done somewhere along the line and if you haven't done it, you can't find it in August.

Everyone has dropped something they were doing better in pre-season 22. I am sure of it- only they know but I bet it.

That's where I would start.

They don't put premiership rings on smooth hands.
Agree totally but in this woke world these powderpuffs would cry

Which year Alec ? And is any result bad enough to cut his tenure short before then or are you offering him lifetime guaranteed employment ?
The answers to this are what I want on the fridge.
Just poking fun at the old Seibold headline.

0cc791fa49821b50693722be1e7b2582

There has to be someone held accountable for this season. It’s been horrendous. We can’t accept this as ok. It’s the ultimate failure. I think I’m more annoyed with the manner of our losses than I am on actually missing the finals
so scrap everything and start again??

I understand the desire for hope, but what makes you think the club is in any way proactive enough to be looking at such a thing?

Is there anything whatsoever about our club, that smacks of a proactive, innovative approach to anything?

To me unfortunately, everything is a reactive, rest on our laurels approach, that expects everything will work out just fine because “they are the Broncos” and do absolutely nothing, until the house is literally falling down around their ears.

Then, maybe, they’ll look into doing something different. Which has been for a ludicrously extended period a variation on “try and sign Craig Bellamy…”

When that didn‘t work out we went and signed Dave Donaghy because “ he ran Melbourne and they were successful”. Let‘s just copy what they do…

The club is so bereft of innovative ideas to try and improve ourselves, it is almost pitiful to watch.

Kev is just the latest example of that. He is an absolute deer in the headlights. Blinking, uncomprehending, ex-footy player who thinks he can make a go of being a coach.

Last year the footy gods kissed him on the dick and we got extremely lucky. This year every loss has been some variation on “oh yeah, we’ll fix that up, we’ll be right. Our best football is still ahead of us. All season, long…”

Before and since it’s back to his usual awful record of mediocre results with no ability to fix any systemic problems with our football such as:

1. Defence.
2. Error rate.
3. Lack of structure in any facet.
4. Recruitment and retention.
5. The ability to hold anyone in our squad accountable for their performance.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 well put.
If we continue this way , when PNG have their team in they will be our daddy’s🤣🤣😩😩

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Stix
  • broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.