THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Those two guys that haven't done any coaching or involvement in the game at all for five years you would let them coach the Broncos?
So @1910 do you have an opinion?
Do you think Kev deserves another year.
Is 2024 purely about our injuries.
Will he survive if we get pumped by Melb or is that result irrelevant 🤔.

So @1910 do you have an opinion?
Do you think Kev deserves another year.
Is 2024 purely about our injuries.
Will he survive if we get pumped by Melb or is that result irrelevant 🤔.

I don't think they need a new coach no, but I do think they need to review the type of staff around Kev.

I think for too long the Broncos have fallen into the trap of good player equals good coaching staff, but it doesn't.

Let's see how Dolphins defence goes today?

I lean towards guys like Ahearn or Smith- good teachers and even Ballin. I have been calling for Smith but now the Dolphins have snapped him up for next year so that's gone. Who did Bennett have in the box with him last night? The Norths coach Dave Elliot.

Before that I think the Broncos need to get old school- rock hard fitness and a 12-week pre-season will fix a lot of things. Bennett used to say soft gyms make soft people- no music no air con just work.

The Broncos need a Billy Johnstone off season. Rocky four- here is the equipment you require type stuff.

If you're super fit, your defence improves your resilience improves. I said months ago they had a 94-96 Broncos about them, and I stand by that- the hard work hasn't been done somewhere along the line and if you haven't done it, you can't find it in August.

Everyone has dropped something they were doing better in pre-season 22. I am sure of it- only they know but I bet it.

That's where I would start.

They don't put premiership rings on smooth hands.

I think Kevvie is one of my all time favourite Broncos but unfortunately the proof is in the pudding when it comes to his coaching. I fear 2025 ends up even worse than this year.

Tallis will go after the players, probably Reynolds again.
Anyone else listening to Triple M right now ? 🙄
IMG 0981

I don't think they need a new coach no, but I do think they need to review the type of staff around Kev.

I think for too long the Broncos have fallen into the trap of good player equals good coaching staff, but it doesn't.

I lean towards guys like Ahearn or Smith- good teachers and even Ballin. I have been calling for Smith but now the Dolphins have snapped him up for next year so that's gone. Who did Bennett have in the box with him last night? The Norths coach Dave Elliot.

Before that I think the Broncos need to get old school- rock hard fitness and a 12-week pre-season will fix a lot of things. Bennett used to say soft gyms make soft people- no music no air con just work.

The Broncos need a Billy Johnstone off season. Rocky four- here is the equipment you require type stuff.

If you're super fit, your defence improves your resilience improves. I said months ago they had a 94-96 Broncos about them, and I stand by that- the hard work hasn't been done somewhere along the line and if you haven't done it, you can't find it in August.

Everyone has dropped something they were doing better in pre-season 22. I am sure of it- only they know but I bet it.

Lots of cliches in there but very little substance in regards the results this year and Kev’s coaching methods.

Who was responsible for seeing we had the proper pre-season for 24? Was it the players or the head coach?

Unfortunately, everything The does off the field leaves what we do for dead. Every time you think, hey we should chase that guy, The already did. We should get their front office to replace ours.

Must admit I don‘t follow Buzz all that closely… I have missed that rumour?

I don’t trust Kevvie’s judgement to know what sort of staff he needs to compensate for his short comings. If he’s already hired teo & Barrett for next year any review they do will be largely pointless in that regard. He doesn’t know what he doesn’t know, that’s where a head of football could have taken on the responsibility for identifying where his abilities may be lacking & have an influence in who should be appointed to assist him. However, that was ostensibly the role sold to ikin before donuts weaselled out of it after Kevvie got his nose out of joint.

Unfortunately, everything The does off the field leaves what we do for dead. Every time you think, hey we should chase that guy, The already did. We should get their front office to replace ours.
Their front office was ours at one stage.

O'Sullivan might've nabbed Walsh had the Warriors not blocked them. And not forgetting they tried to steal Mariner and Koalapoo.

This man will win a premiership.
Feel free to cut this post out and stick it to your fridge.

Lots of cliches in there but very little substance in regards the results this year and Kev’s coaching methods.

Who was responsible for seeing we had the proper pre-season for 24? Was it the players or the head coach?

Speaks directly to the results this year- they never did the work before the season- for a variety of reasons, think the pre-season was disrupted, rep football and late start and Vegas. I think they thought they were handling it and working hard but it's clearly been shown that they did not.

Then staff I think they need better 'teachers' on staff.

The first thing Ciraldo fixed over two off-seasons was fitness then you can be taught.

But you have to get it right from November 7. Other things I have spoken about like alignment needs attention too.

So it’s everyone around Kevvie that’s the problem, not Kevvie, who hired them?

It's interesting to think that of our 4 coaches other than Wayne, only 1 had coached NRL before joining us... for a total of 1 year.
It’s absolutely absurd, the most important person in the organisation and we continue to stuff it up. Despite the obvious debacle of the whole Seibold thing, they at least identified someone and went out and grabbed him. It was the wrong candidate but at least we threw our weight around for once. The club needs to rediscover its arrogance, be proactive and stop sitting back in complacency just waiting for something to happen.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • broncos4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosarethebest
  • FACTHUNT
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • davidp
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.