THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Which isn’t exactly wrong. The players have been pathetic. Coaching and culture has been equally pathetic

It isn't. The problem is he never includes Kev in the criticism...just throws everyone else under the bus.

I just hope the club is looking at a replacement in the background. There's no point sacking him if they don't have someone lined up. No, not Trent fucking Barrett.

Trent is great as an assistant coach, just not Full time coach.

We need Madge or Justin Holbrook.

Maybe a hitman & if they stuff up, they will be punished.

I just hope the club is looking at a replacement in the background. There's no point sacking him if they don't have someone lined up. No, not Trent fucking Barrett.
Our options are so slim. Every option is a massive risk at this point. I can’t fathom how bad next year will be when Reynolds gets injured early in the season

Might sound crazy but if Kev does go this year I'd consider giving the Walkers bros the reigns for 25, give them the same amount of time Kev would of gotten to prove themselves otherwise we head hunt the coach we want for a fresh start in 26 without Reynolds.
If the Walkers turn things around we probably get Sam for 26.
Great idea, would definitely secure Sam Walker as future signing, the innovative Walker bros are the main reason short kick offs are now part of the game, maybe they would address the 'lack' of offloads from one of the biggest forward pack in the NRL .
Anybody else wonder why some most coaches ego's don't allow them to just simply disect and emulate successful teams defensive sytems, like those of Penrith and Melbourne. (the reason the Bulldogs have suddenly become so good, with what on paper looks like an inferior roster to the Broncos, especially the forward pack)

Kev is freekin delusional. Lost for answers.
Disgraceful, particularly as a Bronco head coach.

The thing is they knew he couldn’t coach when they signed him. It’s why he had all the attached clauses and KPI’s added to his contract. An easy get out for them after Seibold.

It’s all coming home to roost now though. Pray to God the powers that be have a replacement lined up. I’m doubtful.

I just hope the club has the replacement already signed up.
I understand the desire for hope, but what makes you think the club is in any way proactive enough to be looking at such a thing?

Is there anything whatsoever about our club, that smacks of a proactive, innovative approach to anything?

To me unfortunately, everything is a reactive, rest on our laurels approach, that expects everything will work out just fine because “they are the Broncos” and do absolutely nothing, until the house is literally falling down around their ears.

Then, maybe, they’ll look into doing something different. Which has been for a ludicrously extended period a variation on “try and sign Craig Bellamy…”

When that didn‘t work out we went and signed Dave Donaghy because “ he ran Melbourne and they were successful”. Let‘s just copy what they do…

The club is so bereft of innovative ideas to try and improve ourselves, it is almost pitiful to watch.

Kev is just the latest example of that. He is an absolute deer in the headlights. Blinking, uncomprehending, ex-footy player who thinks he can make a go of being a coach.

Last year the footy gods kissed him on the dick and we got extremely lucky. This year every loss has been some variation on “oh yeah, we’ll fix that up, we’ll be right. Our best football is still ahead of us. All season, long…”

Before and since it’s back to his usual awful record of mediocre results with no ability to fix any systemic problems with our football such as:

1. Defence.
2. Error rate.
3. Lack of structure in any facet.
4. Recruitment and retention.
5. The ability to hold anyone in our squad accountable for their performance.

Just a reminder that Trent Robinson has also some pretty rough seasons and he’s considered one of the best coaches. I’m still in the give Kevvie another year club.
A whole year or until Round 10 with Barrett taking over the rest of the year?

^This is what I want from my coach. Straight talking, and an apology.

Kevie's talk is just so full of delusion, and unwarranted optimism.

And walk out avoiding any questions and throw a tantrum- don't leave that part out.

Might sound crazy but if Kev does go this year I'd consider giving the Walkers bros the reigns for 25, give them the same amount of time Kev would of gotten to prove themselves otherwise we head hunt the coach we want for a fresh start in 26 without Reynolds.
If the Walkers turn things around we probably get Sam for 26.

Those two guys that haven't done any coaching or involvement in the game at all for five years you would let them coach the Broncos?

And walk out avoiding any questions and throw a tantrum- don't leave that part out.
Launch a personal attack on a journalist and then walk out after being asked a question on a topic he raised (all our player losses)?

Don’t forget that part either.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • davidp
  • the_next
  • Fatboy
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • Tim K
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.