THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is the thing for mor that stands out. He has said we’re in the business of winning premierships but it’s all talk. I can’t think of one thing we’ve done that suggest that comment is a reality.
If any club isn’t in business of winning premierships they shouldn’t be in business.
But then again this club is a successful business so they couldn’t give a shit that there’s been no premiership for almost 2 decades

Probably Trent Barrett… I mean that’s another issue for me. Our assistants for next year look horrendous.
He could use Billy as assistant.
Maybe call on the old boys, you know, the ones that made most noise to get Kev the job but hate the club

“I’ve got some really strong thoughts of what I think but I am not going to share them today with anyone."

I'm glad his thinking has really strong thoughts on what he thinks. How thoughtful.

“That’s for myself and the players and staff at the Broncos.”

You don't think you owe the fans any sort of explanation?

I actually was really hoping he would apologise to the fans. That would be admitting they haven't been up to scratch. But alas, the optimist Kev won't apologise as I guess he thinks it shows weakness.

I dunno, I just don't care at this point.

But isn't it his job as Head Coach to stop players from dropping off?

For sure and I’m not trying to defend him just to be clear. Yesterday was an embarrassment but I do feel for him. I don’t think any coach is going to rock up to a game like that with so much in the line and expect his team to play like whatever the heck that was.

I just wonder whether the presser was reality finally hitting him that this season is gone and for whatever reason, his team didn’t get up for it. Them not being up for it is definitely largely on him, I’m just saying as a proud and successful winner that Kevvie is, that’s got to hurt him. It’s probably going to cost him his job 12 months after all but winning the thing.

How much bs has Kevvie spoken this season.. we’re playing finals, the effort is there, watch this space… the list goes on. He’s completely manifested this coaching life in his own head.

This is the thing for mor that stands out. He has said we’re in the business of winning premierships but it’s all talk. I can’t think of one thing we’ve done that suggest that comment is a reality.

Going within 5 minutes of doing just that if not for an all time master class from a future immortal?

Going within 5 minutes of doing just that if not for an all time master class from a future immortal?
Our perfect season where everything went right and we had no injuries and a stacked side. This year we’ve looked like a bottom 4 side for the most part. Yeah 2023 was great but we’ve got nothing to show for it. 4 years at the helm and we’ve got no structure, no standards and we stand for nothing as a club.

Our perfect season where everything went right and we had no injuries and a stacked side. This year we’ve looked like a bottom 4 side for the most part. Yeah 2023 was great but we’ve got nothing to show for it. 4 years at the helm and we’ve got no structure, no standards and we stand for nothing as a club.
A lot of people here predicted we’d struggle this year especially with the preseason we had. The signs were all there. The whole america promotion stuff was a joke and our players were acting like Hollywood superstars. It’s quite clear we haven’t been training properly since the grand final loss.

My biggest concern from this year is the recruitment, we are in a hole which will now take a couple of seasons to turn around.

We overpaid for some players, we've let players go that we have invested a stack of time into, we not only lost their quality we lost their experience and then we replaced them with absolute rejects from other clubs.

Given the coaching staff turnover it would certainly be cleaner to do it now than be left paying out assistants next year should the inevitable happen. Unfortunately, theres no one at the club with the courage to do it, they know as well as everyone else that Kev has taken them as far as he can, but they would rather sit on their hands and wait until next season is gone too than do their job & earn that 600k salary…
If the club pull the trigger I think they will do it during the finals.
Whoever ends up coaching has some big decisions to make.
I think Reynolds has to retire and Madden given his chance or we go hard at Walker or Moses.
Cobbo has to get sorted. Its not tenable to be chewing up cap on a bloke who can't focus for whatever reason.
We need 2 good backrowers urgently for squad balance.
We need wingers who can make metres on kick return.
Our window is now 2026 IMO, we need to aim at that and make our squad decisions around that.

Unread

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • RodF
  • Jedhead
  • mystico
  • Culhwch
  • Galah
  • Browny
  • RolledOates
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.