THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
What
That presser tells me all I need to know. KW hasn't got a effing clue.
Wouldn't accept that these types of performances were happening far too regularly. Didn't think the roster needed changing. FMD Donuts grow some balls and get rid of this Muppet, but do it with humanity.
Do nothing and we will be on the same topic in 12 months time
exactly has donuts done here
I think he played in the NRL. Not sure he played much! I know he was an assistant to Wayne at Souths at one stage.
Yeah might have been the days before nrl

Funny thing is, a bunch of other clubs think it's about their coach lol. FTR, I definitely think it refers to us.
By reduction:

Rule out top 8: Storm, Panthers, Roosters, Sharks, Bulldogs, Cowboys, Manly, Dolphins (Wayne already leaving)
Rule out new coaches: Eels, Dragons, Titans, Tigers, Rabbitohs, Eels

That leaves:
Broncos, Raiders, Knights, Warriors

Webster was Coach of the Year 2023. I reckon he's safe.
O'Brien has made the finals 3 out of last 4 seasons, but could be at risk
Could be, should be Ricky, but he and Canberra seem to be mated for life.

So if it's not Ricky, or a wildcard like Benji (which seems premature), that only leaves Kevvie.

People can hang shit on Flanno all they like for the 2016 season and fair enough too, but I will give him credit for one thing, he is a much more serious coach than Kev is. He didn't make any excuses, didn't go on the defensive while white as a ghost, he owned how poor his team was and showed legit anger and remorse. That's a bloke who I KNOW is going to make changes for the better.

People can hang shit on Flanno all they like for the 2016 season and fair enough too, but I will give him credit for one thing, he is a much more serious coach than Kev is. He didn't make any excuses, didn't go on the defensive while white as a ghost, he owned how poor his team was and showed legit anger and remorse. That's a bloke who I KNOW is going to make changes for the better.

Flanno coaching, I reckon we make the finals every year since since 22.

“We will look at that at the end of the year like every club does but I don’t think that’s the problem, no,” he said.

“I think we have got to learn as a club that this is a big club and you have got to play every week and come ready to play every week.

“I am disappointed like everyone is but again we will get through the season and have a look.

This quote here kind of spells it out, really. That comment implies there are a lot of players that are turning up to training to kick stones and he can't rope them in to being serious. It really does sound like he commands no respect from them. I doubt many of these young blokes give half a shit about Kev's history with the club. They just can't see past how bad he is or can't be bothered themselves. Either way it's a bad look.

I bet there are.....5 people in that squad that actually train hard despite Kev's shortcomings and have the fire in their bellies to push their limits:

Carrigan
Walsh
Reyno
Haas
And perhaps Willison

First time all year the media turned up to the presser a bit feisty and Kev didn’t handle it well at all, in particular the way he bristled at that reporter who asked a genuine question.

Not a great look for my opinion that he should get another go next year. That was one of the worst press conferences I have ever seen from a coach. Completely rattled. Snarky and he got it back in spades from the journos that were there. When you say complete dribble and ego statements for whatever reason you deserve it tbh. Reminded me of some of his press conferences when he coached QLD early in his career. Always seems a nervous individual that looks flustered. Will be interesting how he gets them on board again next year

Thanks mate
My posts have been getting mixed up I think. Site keeps freezing.
The donate one was about what has he done😫
I vaguely remember his name from south’s as wolf mentioned.
Manly turfed him after punching on at the rocks in Sydney.
Maybe that’s what these soft ***** need a good smack in the head.
get some hard training into them and keep out of fucking nail salons

Wow, he really is floundering.
The journos questions suggest they can smell blood in the water.
They know the big story here is Kevs tenure is in danger of termination.
You rarely hear questions put to a coach with such a level of disrespect.
I'd say watch this space. This could happen this year.
Given the coaching staff turnover it would certainly be cleaner to do it now than be left paying out assistants next year should the inevitable happen. Unfortunately, theres no one at the club with the courage to do it, they know as well as everyone else that Kev has taken them as far as he can, but they would rather sit on their hands and wait until next season is gone too than do their job & earn that 600k salary…

That interview was a man staring down the plank - with chum being thrown overboard.

We'll go down by 60+ next week and it's going to be on. Which even though I think Kev's gotta go - as a person I like him and I really don't think he is going to deserve the full tilt of hate he's about to receive.

When Kev was appointed, I called it out as a bad decision and I frankly stand by that. He greatly surprised me last year - but his coaching history is, what it is. He was crap overseas, he was crap in Origin (as a coach). He's restored a bit of the jersey's pride - but ultimately isn't an NRL grade coach.

"Good bloke" might have been enough 30 years ago - but these are professional, cut throat, businesses. Nice doesn't win footy games.

I still don't believe he's got a good grasp of how to use a bench.

Tactically - other clubs are coming into games with clear game plans - set plays etc. Our set plays most of this year without ARey have been "chuck it to the fast kid". That's some under 12s shit.

The whole beef with Ikin was utterly puzzling at the time and now looks really ugly for the Broncos. Ikin was great for us and his departure has definitely ushered in a descent.

If next year is going to be a changing of coach which derails '25 anyway, might as well shortcut the process and get started now. Unless the club has 100% faith Kev's the man to win us a premiership, time to move on - even if it's with a 12 month caretaker.

Flanno’s presser was exactly what Walters should have been saying. He should have there and apologised to the fans for not only tonight’s loss but a tough season that wasn’t up to par. Instead he was in complete denial. That back and forth with the reporter was embarrassing. Sadly I think we are going to through this merry go round until halfway through next season when he gets sacked and we’re left with Trent Barrett as interim coach…. 🤐

Active Now

• whykickamoocow
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.