THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Everyone has identified the issues? So the Broncos need to:
- Change most of the squad
- Get rid of Kevvie but not get rid of Kevvie
- Get players to take pay cuts because they will be willing to do this apparently
- Get Herbie back and Flegs, his shoulder can get stuffed
- Punt Haas, punt Hetherington, punt Mam, punt Cobbo, punt Jensen and Arthars, re-sign Oates but not re-sign him
- Not sign Barrett but sign someone unaffiliated with the club
- Replace Kevvie with Maguire, Arthur, Hannay, Wane, Holbrook and bring on Slater and Smith as assistants
- Get Gus
- Bring back Wayne
- Chase Bellamy for the 105th time and then get blamed when he doesn't come for the 105th time
- Sign Horsbrough but also Walker and bring Black in now
- Re-teach basic instructions
- re-write 2023 as never happening and bring back the 90s
- Sack Buck
- Get rid of Lockyer, the board, Donuts, Kevvie and bring back Ikin
- Sign Rhyse Martin
- Sign Mikey Lewis
- Chase any random player with a highlight video on YouTube
- Fast track maturity in our younger players
- Make sure no injuries happen in a full contact sport
- Sack Alf

I'm not sure how the club can't do all these things everyone wants.
Child I can see why you love Kev

- Get players to take pay cuts because they will be willing to do this apparently
- Punt Haas, punt Hetherington, punt Mam, punt Cobbo, punt Jensen and Arthars, re-sign Oates but not re-sign him
- Replace Kevvie with Maguire, Arthur, Hannay, Wane, Holbrook and bring on Slater and Smith as assistants
- Get Gus
- Bring back Wayne
- Chase Bellamy for the 105th time and then get blamed when he doesn't come for the 105th time
- Sack Buck
- Sign Rhyse Martin
- Sign Mikey Lewis
- Sack Alf

Good job Sproj! Here I was, needlessly worried that 2025 will be a rinse and repeat...

That was weird as **** but he has done a lot of media and that's the only **** up I can remember.

I agree
Also - watching that presser... Billy got a bit caught out... he was still a bit raw, we had just got absolutely hammered... etc.
A verteran Billy headcoach probably handles that better.

Also Billy is really good at being diplomatic now, but he definitely has the 'grumply hothead' in him... he definitely had that as a player... some of his on-field carry ons were definitely emotional.

He was definitely 'irked' this series.

Hopefully he has a better series overall next year.

The way the club is run at the moment is to just leave absolutely everything in the hands of the coach... I'm not sure you can bring in a pommy with zero contacts across QRL or NSWRL to right the ship.
Fair point, but if we want to upgrade, rather than just churn, there aren't many options that befit the status of Broncos Head Coach. They either have to go multiple premiership winner or rookie. We don't really want some NSW club reject who left his last job halfway through the season with his pants around his ankles.

In terms of poaching from the ESL, Kristian Woolf probably would have been better but the Dolphins beat us to the punch there.

Broncos had Woolf in 2012-14 and he left to coach Cup- if the Dolphins are flying next year expect that to come up.
Any thoughts on JD . Most things pointed to him making the step up to NRL head coach until late last year and this year

Broncos had Woolf in 2012-14 and he left to coach Cup- if the Dolphins are flying next year expect that to come up.
That always happens, every time a person leaves the Broncos. It is classic

I saw an interview with Wayne the other night and they were asking who would be in his best ever 17 ever from players he has coached. He mentioned Dean Young has to be in the 17 somewhere and that he was shocked he hasn’t got a heading coaching role yet. I don’t know much bout his coaching credentials but Dragons hasn’t been that great this year!! Can we trust Wayne recommendations? All the coaches underneath him has all failed except for Bellyache!!

You may well be right but if the alternative is Bellamy, see ya Kev. If the alternative is Maguire, no thank you, I'm sticking with Kev.
The alternative could be obrien 🤮🤮when ponga stops saving his career .
Rather have Barrett if that was the case

- Get Gus
- Bring back Wayne
- Sack Buck
- Sign Rhyse Martin
- Sign Mikey Lewis
- Sack Alf

Sack Alf? Wtf😳🤔

It's all a bit negative in here atm. What I suggest is relaxing for about a month and getting behind the pride of the North and cheering them home while they win their 2nd premiership.

Speak it into existence like Kevvy....

If the players truly do love Kev but he’s too nice, and fitness and defence are our main issues, the resolution is pretty simple.

Find one or two players who aren’t superstars but are notoriously insane trainers - I’m thinking like Funicane or McInnes types.

Second, give Kev an extended off season. Go refresh, do some professional development, go be an assistant at some successful sporting franchise.

Third, hire the best strength and conditioner available, the best defensive coach and the hardest Madge McGuire type assistant coach.

Flog them with fitness and defensive drills until the week before trials start. Tell them that the strength and conditioner and defensive coach get to create a shortlist for round 1 based on effort. Bring back a fresh Kev and a rattled team.

It's all a bit negative in here atm. What I suggest is relaxing for about a month and getting behind the pride of the North and cheering them home while they win their 2nd premiership.

Speak it into existence like Kevvy....

I think i will. I'll back the Phins. They are North of Brisbane.

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.