THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
🤣🤣 I honestly think they will be more hope than The Cows .

The phins have a shot if they take on the Dogs week1. You wanna play the dogs week 1, although they are on a roll, they dont have the finals experience like the cows and eagles do.

Not saying it is an easy win, but its definitely a less experienced team in finals.

However week 2 is the problem. I can't see the bottom teams winning in week 2.

MAYBBBEEEEEEE the Sharks if they choke yet again... and the chooks are gorneeeeeeee with their injuries... but they STILL should be able to take out the bottom 4 teams in week 2.

With all things being equal... should be Storm vs Panthers... yet AGAIN , another GF where you can't stand either team to win.

Board, very controlling and restrictive. Input from finance dept even extended into opinions pushed onto the squad.
Well he wont have to worry about board input here... they'll just expect him to do everything... although we are publicly listed so 'everything' still needs to be within reason for the stakeholders... I mean fans...

If the players truly do love Kev but he’s too nice, and fitness and defence are our main issues, the resolution is pretty simple.

Find one or two players who aren’t superstars but are notoriously insane trainers - I’m thinking like Funicane or McInnes types.

Second, give Kev an extended off season. Go refresh, do some professional development, go be an assistant at some successful sporting franchise.

Third, hire the best strength and conditioner available, the best defensive coach and the hardest Madge McGuire type assistant coach.

Flog them with fitness and defensive drills until the week before trials start. Tell them that the strength and conditioner and defensive coach get to create a shortlist for round 1 based on effort. Bring back a fresh Kev and a rattled team.
Round one: 13 players out injured.

My biggest issue around Kev is that when he is having issues you can tell when certain people come out swinging in the media. The turn on Reynolds is disgusting really. We have seen it with Ikin also. I believe Kev has a few personality issues that hurt him, being thin skin, stubbornness and paranoia.

He and his son have to go at the end of season. It's obvious it's become toxic. Reason when your not doing well you can't even have a honesty session with the boys because Walters jr is around. It ends up feeling like you're in a dictatorship and can't speak your mind even to your colleagues. You can't even say to the coach I think we need to give someone else a try other than Billy. The only time coach and sons work well is in successful times.

Everyone has identified the issues? So the Broncos need to:
- Change most of the squad
- Get rid of Kevvie but not get rid of Kevvie
- Get players to take pay cuts because they will be willing to do this apparently
- Get Herbie back and Flegs, his shoulder can get stuffed
- Punt Haas, punt Hetherington, punt Mam, punt Cobbo, punt Jensen and Arthars, re-sign Oates but not re-sign him
- Not sign Barrett but sign someone unaffiliated with the club
- Replace Kevvie with Maguire, Arthur, Hannay, Wane, Holbrook and bring on Slater and Smith as assistants
- Get Gus
- Bring back Wayne
- Chase Bellamy for the 105th time and then get blamed when he doesn't come for the 105th time
- Sign Horsbrough but also Walker and bring Black in now
- Re-teach basic instructions
- re-write 2023 as never happening and bring back the 90s
- Sack Buck
- Get rid of Lockyer, the board, Donuts, Kevvie and bring back Ikin
- Sign Rhyse Martin
- Sign Mikey Lewis
- Chase any random player with a highlight video on YouTube
- Fast track maturity in our younger players
- Make sure no injuries happen in a full contact sport
- Sack Alf

I'm not sure how the club can't do all these things everyone wants.

Could we add we need someone to brutally punish the squad during the week at training.......in every conceivable way,
when they play like fucken idiots?

After the game against Redcliffe, I wouldn't have been against making them all run around suncorp until the last crowd member left, after giving them his final spray.

My biggest issue around Kev is that when he is having issues you can tell when certain people come out swinging in the media. The turn on Reynolds is disgusting really. We have seen it with Ikin also. I believe Kev has a few personality issues that hurt him, being thin skin, stubbornness and paranoia.

I believe its with Kev's blessing.

He can't fight his own battles so brings in the dumb clowns to attack.

Please Broncos sack Kev after our season ends on Thursday.

All this bring in an arse kicker talk ...
Being hard on people doesn`t automatically = improvement .
It`s pretty basic psychology people respond best when they are engaged and happy .
Two ways of getting results - reward or punishment . Too much of one or the other you lose the dressing room .

It's the people who were born in 60's with their "whip their arse until they perform" attitude.

We're in 2024 now. You turn up to work and your boss starts reading you the riot act, you most probably pick up your belongings and go home and no, it doesn't matter what they're on. They are getting paid that figure regardless of what happens.

It's the people who were born in 60's with their "whip their arse until they perform" attitude.

We're in 2024 now. You turn up to work and your boss starts reading you the riot act, you most probably pick up your belongings and go home and no, it doesn't matter what they're on. They are getting paid that figure regardless of what happens.

I was born in the 60s ...
I have adult children . And an interest in sports psychology .

Tallis said on 360 that Kevvie had to buy his own Broncos shirt for his introduction press conference and has had no support since then.

Tallis said on 360 that Kevvie had to buy his own Broncos shirt for his introduction press conference and has had no support since then.
So what was Dave, Ikin, Cartwright, Briers, his brother, Lockyer, Ballin, Boyd, Gillett all doing over the years?

So what was Dave, Ikin, Cartwright, Briers, his brother, Lockyer, Ballin, Boyd, Gillett all doing over the years?

Enjoying the free Friday morning BBQs that Siebold banned former players from attending.

I'm pretty sure Kevvie chooses to pay for the merch. I could be wrong there.

It's laughable to think people are still calling 2023 a fluke. One or two games maybe a fluke but you can't fluke 20 wins in a season. You can't fluke being the second best defensive team in the comp, no amount of talent or individual brilliance makes your defense as good as it was in 2023. That's coaching and it was under kev.

I've always been fundamentally against sacking any coach at the broncos. Particularly now that have one that has proven that they can get us to a grand final.

Ultimately I've learnt this week that the forum will throw just about anybody on the dumpster in a game or two of bad performances. Just need to be sure that the club makes better decisions than the fans want them to I guess. There's only so many NRL coaches that you can sack before there are none left and the guys we are calling to replace ours have been pretty shit in their last assignments. There's a reason their clubs didn't want them

Ultimately I've learnt this week that the forum will throw just about anybody on the dumpster in a game or two of bad performances. Just need to be sure that the club makes better decisions than the fans want them to I guess. There's only so many NRL coaches that you can sack before there are none left and the guys we are calling to replace ours have been pretty shit in their last assignments. There's a reason their clubs didn't want them
"a game or two of bad performances"

Missing finals 3 of 4 years. Bottom 3. Biggest ladder slide to miss finals in NRL history. This year, where every neutral is noting that we look poorly coached and underperforming.

Had we not also done the biggest choke in Australian sporting history, then Kevie would have a lot more rope

you can't even have a honesty session with the boys because Walters jr is around. It ends up feeling like you're in a dictatorship and can't speak your mind even to your colleagues. You can't even say to the coach I think we need to give someone else a try other than Billy. The only time coach and sons work well is in successful times.
That was always stamped on the ticket: you have arrived at your final destination.

If only someone had warned about this two years ago.

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.