THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don’t think it’s about money, no one actually leads the club, they instead manage it by siting back and allowing things to fester to the point that newscorp finally decide to take an interest and make a decision. The club is crippled by its ownership structure.
The fabulous thing about having the media own the club is you get a solid heads up when any coach or player gets on the nose with the board. Once the Courier Mail turns on Kevvie, it will be over. It's already put a foot into that camp, but so far they're going with giving him until mid next season.

Strap in guys, in Kevvie we trust. Viva le kevolution marches on.

Kevvie says he'll win us another premiership. He just needs to "get a few things right:"

"Well, we were pretty close last year I thought. I’ve been involved in seven premierships here, or seven grand finals as a player and coach, so it’s not news to the club about playing in the big end-of-season games. We’ve just got to fix up our off season, get a few things right, and we’ll be there next year when the whips are cracking.”​
“I know there’s people out there, the critics, the people that don’t like the Broncos, so that’s fine. What’s more important is what’s happening inside our walls. We need to finish strong as a club and be proud of who we are. We’re playing for pride and the jersey. It’s very disappointing. We have high expectations at our club. All the players are hurting, all the staff are hurting.”​

Another example of bad coaching from Kevie is playing Payne last week. Even if we made the finals, we were never going to do anything with how we have been playing this year and lack of consistency. Now Payne is out for 3-4 months and will have a shortened preseason which supposedly was one of the big issues this year. If anyone can still play well with a short preseason it is Payne but in my opinion it wasn't worth risking him to now impact next year.

Another example of bad coaching from Kevie is playing Payne last week. Even if we made the finals, we were never going to do anything with how we have been playing this year and lack of consistency. Now Payne is out for 3-4 months and will have a shortened preseason which supposedly was one of the big issues this year. If anyone can still play well with a short preseason it is Payne but in my opinion it wasn't worth risking him to now impact next year.
Coaching?? You'd think the medical staff were the ones that approved him playing wouldn't you? Honestly we're so unhinged at the moment.

Everything about Kev and the Walters crew for the last few months has reeked of insecurity and it’s fulfilled its own destiny.

He seems to be constantly in a state of panicked denial, the team portrays that on the field and it all goes to hell once something goes wrong.

Everyone has regressed this year top to bottom (except Patty, Jensen and maybe Staggs) and the only ones that haven’t didn’t play enough to set a mark in the first place

Kev cops some blowback, gets defensive and lashes out but it only serves to make him look more incompetent. Billy and Narelle crack the shits as well in/over the media and the victim complex does its thing without any help from anyone. Tallis then chimes in from his position in the Titans corporate box media and continually undermines our captain, and while I have my own separate thoughts on Reynolds, has only made everything look worse for Walters.

Kev needs to own and face up to the reality of the situation. Denial will only continue to pain and ruin his players, and his own career.

Players know they’re playing shit (I hope) and for your coach to effectively say “keep doing what you’re doing” but all the noise coming out of camp Walters is “everyone needs to look at themselves and leave my dad/husband/mate alone”, will only make the apparent disconnect worse.

The refusal to accept reality and take responsibility - even in the slightest - like Flanagan did after the Eels game, will do nothing to help him and he’ll get the sack still trying to believe the results will come.

Kevvie says he'll win us another premiership. He just needs to "get a few things right:"

"Well, we were pretty close last year I thought. I’ve been involved in seven premierships here, or seven grand finals as a player and coach, so it’s not news to the club about playing in the big end-of-season games. We’ve just got to fix up our off season, get a few things right, and we’ll be there next year when the whips are cracking.”​
“I know there’s people out there, the critics, the people that don’t like the Broncos, so that’s fine. What’s more important is what’s happening inside our walls. We need to finish strong as a club and be proud of who we are. We’re playing for pride and the jersey. It’s very disappointing. We have high expectations at our club. All the players are hurting, all the staff are hurting.”​
Yes, Kevvie, the only people that are critical of YOU are not broncos fans.. 🙄

Fans want Donuts to make a strong stand.

Donuts makes a strong stand to back Kevvie.

Fans are unhappy Donuts has made a strong stand.
He just trotted out the same script from 2 years ago.

I'm fine with Kevie getting 2025. Not like I had high hopes anyway.

Just more time to stew in the agony of 2020, 2015, and 2023.

Is there an actual realistic coach available apart from Michael Maguire though, who just hit the ground running for NSW?

Coaching?? You'd think the medical staff were the ones that approved him playing wouldn't you? Honestly we're so unhinged at the moment.
In my small town view player selection, taking EVERYTHING into account, falls under the Head Coach's umbrella. The buck always stops at Kevvie. With the exception of firing Kevvie.

In my small town view player selection, taking EVERYTHING into account, falls under the Head Coach's umbrella. The buck always stops at Kevvie. With the exception of firing Kevvie.
isn't that why ikin left? coz kevvie wanted Full Power? well, he got it, and now it should be taken away again because he is not up to it

let him drive a clown car in at half time to talk about 1993 or something and give us a football coach, not mr man manager vibes broncos spirit who clearly sucks at man management anyway

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.