THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not 'has to be'. It is the worst spine.

1. NIU 6. K Hunt 7. Gamble 9. Turpin
Thats putrid mate, 0 chance of doing anything with that spine. Look at the Cowboys game, Penrith game etc etc. Games we should have won 5 X over with even 2 good players in the spine.
100% just didn't want to go down the rabbit hole of making absolute statements haha

Clearly nor is his recruitment duties.
He's on the committee and provides an opinion... he's not the one running around spruking the club. Although I think he should be.

He's an immortal in waiting and we barely use his profile to help the club with recruitment... JT rocks up to anything for cowboys signatures... Hell Gordie will do anything for a buck and he never played for the titans.

Who do we use to sell the club from a player perspective??

The Broncos as an organisation have really failed to capitalise on Lockyer's standing in the game and have let it erode away like the rest of our history

He's on the committee and provides an opinion... he's not the one running around spruking the club. Although I think he should be.

He's an immortal in waiting and we barely use his profile to help the club with recruitment... JT rocks up to anything for cowboys signatures... Hell Gordie will do anything for a buck and he never played for the titans.

Who do we use to sell the club from a player perspective??

The Broncos as an organisation have really failed to capitalise on Lockyer's standing in the game and have let it erode away like the rest of our history
Young players don’t seem to be drawn to Lockyer the way they are to Thurston, Cronk, John’s, Fitler etc. It might just be his personality, and those others might like being around footy more than he does or make them more available.

Locky seems very respected as a player but not many talk about him in a way that suggests much friendship or character.

It's happening:

• Donuts orders a forensic examination of the coaching staff.
  • Parker is involved. Could return as assistant coach to mentor forwards.
  • Peter Nolan under heavy scrutiny.
  • TPJ and Lodge verge of exit. More to come.
  • Former conditioner Peter Benton to review high-performance unit.
  • Maroon and Storm high-performance boss Alex Corvo being considered.

It's happening:

Peter Nolan better be gone

doesn't look good for carty, comes in as the defensive coach, nek minute we are the worst defensive team in the comp.
And Terry Matterson is handling our attacking structures?

Okay… No offence Terry, but that doesn’t really strike me as his specialty…

As I’ve said before, I’d be looking at Neil Henry for that role and as the brains trust for overall game plan, if I were Kev…

I don't think Walters is angry at Oates but they're making an effort to make it impossible for him to return to first grade so he doesn't take up his options and wants to leave

It's happening:

How is Nolan under scrutiny? :rofl

Found a few comments in that post match interview very telling.

Firstly, he let slip that "over the next 2-3 weeks" is the timeline when change will be happening.

When asked about if everyone's under review, he looked absolutely rattled. Started fidgeting, looked uncomfortable. He's been pretty quiet/calm up to this point, but this was actual nerves showing through tonight.

I think Donuts has taken a month, and decided on drastic changes. GOOD! Burn the joint down Donuts.

From the looks of Kev, he knows he's up on the wall now. If we spoon, doubt Kev sees out the year.

The biggest challenge is even if we shred our current roster, who do/can we even buy for next year that's going to save us from the train wreck?

If the club is in disarray and couldn't tip water out of a boot with instructions written on the heel, then who's going to come here? Has beens and rejects on overs?

This is now a 5 year problem unless we land some killer blows - like recruiting a top class coach. If it were my club, I'd throw stupid amounts of money at Bellyache. Like 10Mil signing bonus. **** the NRL's admin cap, they can suck a fat one - what have we got to lose honestly?

Club is a PLC... if this nonsense continues, share price will crash, memberships crash, attendence faulter - no money in = massive cutbacks and sell offs which puts us in an even worse position.
Ironically share price is doing the best it’s ever done
Unless I sell my shares for 1 cent 😂

Throw everything at Bellamy eh? 5th times the charm right? FMD.
And how much of that was Paul White being to blame?

Guy literally drove the club into the dirt... handed out player options like candy and handled our negotiations with BellyAche.

What's different? CEO who actually understands BellyAche for one. Desire to return to QLD is well documented for second.

We just need better financial commitment to the point where even the rich buggars running storm will laugh and refuse to come close to it.

Sphincter tightens

Peter nolan

Football manager Peter Nolan

If you watched last night's game, particularly the first 30 minutes.. you cannot tell me it's a coaching thing, they were out there having a red hot dig.

Kevvie had them up for the game, prepared well.. all that stuff but if you can't actually put any pressure on the opposition with the ball, you aren't going to win many games. Our spine is the worst I have ever seen and that's not a dig at the likes of Gamble, I know he cares about the jersey and is having a go but he's just not up to it. We have no experience in our team in the key positions, Kevvie knows it too (hence the K. Hunt play).

It's happening:

This would explain the “I just got told the 2 mates I hired are getting sacked” look on his face in the post game.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Skyblues87
  • Justwin
  • NSW stables
  • Gaz
  • Allo
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Big Del
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Harry Sack
  • Shane Tronc
  • BruiserMk1
  • Wolfie
  • thenry
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.