THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I like Flanno teams. They’re tough and resilient rather than flashy or exciting. They play dirty and force teams into a dog fight.

I ‘m just not a big fan of what he might bring culturally. I’m not going to get into an argument of who did what or what was proved but the facts are that a PED program ran during his tenure, as did salary cap cheating, and he didn’t follow the guidelines set in his punishment.

I think he’d be a great assistant coach, especially for our team who has no resilience but Im not sure if he’s a good fit culturally. I guess that doesn’t matter if we’re winning.
Maybe I good choice for defense coach , but yeah not keen on the guy.

From the looks of Kev, he knows he's up on the wall now. If we spoon, doubt Kev sees out the year.

it doesn't matter who the coach is, or how bad the performances, they'll never get sacked before their first year is over ... year 2, maybe but unlikely ... year 3 is the money year

especially if that coach happens to also be a club legend

All that's true in a sense. I also understand the guilt by association thing. Eventually the world has to move on. The 6 week course of recovery drugs that Dank sold to various clubs across two codes did contain some ingredients which triggered the punishment happened 10 years ago. As for the salary cap things they certainly weren't in the same category as Melbourne's efforts and truthfully Flanagan wasn't in charge of the clubs finances and I'd doubt he knew much if anything about the dollars and cents.

I do still acknowledge your points. I also think you probably understand the notion that we aren't just one thing. That one bad error doesn't accurately define us. Flanagan, like Lodge and others( Andrew Johns !-immortal 😯) deserves a second chance and obviously he's been given that within the media. I don't think it would be as big a deal as some would believe. After all it would be hard to see channel nine giving him shit when they've employed him and they themselves have moved on.

I like Flanagan's tough as teak attitude to team building and I only suggest him based on what he could deliver and not the mistakes of his ancient past.
For sure, I also just don’t really like the bloke. Granted I don’t know him personally but sometimes opinions aren’t always rational

Sorry folks, I know he's a club legend and all that, but he's reached the end of his tether with me.

This team has no heart, no brains and no direction or structure. They run out there every week and half of them look like they have no idea how to tie their shoelaces, never mind run a set play. Even Reynolds can't direct them to do anything constructive. It's embarrassing to watch. Staggs has signed a fresh contract and is appearing lazier than Fifita, Turpin keeps on getting selected despite being useless, Kelly seems to be gone for the season now so the pressure on Reynolds to carry the team will only get stronger and he is just getting nothing from his coach. It isn't good enough. There is zero reason why this roster cannot be a top contender. None. They have "talent" all across the park yet you couldn't pay the average Broncos fan to point it out at the moment, and you can only lay that at the feet of the coach.

If there wasn't a horrific dearth of coaching ability going around in the comp at the moment, I highly doubt Kev would have got that one year extension. The suffering just never ends for supporters of this club at the moment. Say what you want about Paul Kunt but he was right about one thing: This is not the same Broncos of the 90's and early 2000's. The clubs soul seems to have retired with Lockyer.

I really struggle to see what Walters has brought to this side ?

We are without direction i attack, totally lost in defense.

Talent will get you so far but a team needs structures and stability, something a good coach provides.

I'm starting to think Kevvies biggest assett (motivation) is all he has, and it is far from enough to make this group of players a great team.

I really struggle to see what Walters has brought to this side ?

We are without direction i attack, totally lost in defense.

Talent will get you so far but a team needs structures and stability, something a good coach provides.

I'm starting to think Kevvies biggest assett (motivation) is all he has, and it is far from enough to make this group of players a great team.

In fairness to Kevvie though, aren't that what our assistants are supposed to be for? See the other thing is, our team is just so selfish and dumb, I am not sure they would even listen to Bellamy.

In fairness to Kevvie though, aren't that what our assistants are supposed to be for? See the other thing is, our team is just so selfish and dumb, I am not sure they would even listen to Bellamy.

Who are the assistant coaches accountable to ?

Kev is the boss .... the buck stops with him.

Thing is though, its Kevvie who brought these blokes in.

I am not saying Kevvie is doing a good job but Donuts said they wanted to get the right pieces in around Kevvie to help him out. Now one of those is Ballin right? Well has our 9 improved at all?

I am not saying Kevvie is doing a good job but Donuts said they wanted to get the right pieces in around Kevvie to help him out. Now one of those is Ballin right? Well has our 9 improved at all?
The bigger issue than Ballin is Cartwright and Matterson. Both have appalling coaching records in their own rights.

Yeah I think people over inflate the so called talent these forwards and backs have. We wont fix shit until we unearth a marquee fullback and get a better dummy half. People saying Cobbos the man for fullback, he is barely first grade standard at the moment let alone ready for the 1 jersey. As for the 9 dilemma, well Turpin certainly isnt the fucking answer and there were a number of quality 9s off contract this year to have a decent crack at. But hey lets all focus on giving a front rower a million bucks a year cause thats what all the top teams do isn't it. I mean the panthers have a million dollar prop, the storm do, roosters, souths etc

Paix has improved. No idea if that's down to Ballin though. I think Turpin is just a lost cause. He's a hooker who makes passing look difficult.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • scobie
  • broncos4life
  • PETERN
  • Galah
  • BroncosAlways
  • sooticus
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Alec
  • kman
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fitzy
  • theshed
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.