THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sphincter tightens

View attachment 13620
Football manager Peter Nolan
I’ll take the football manager role.

I mean, I’ve got no experience and would most likely balls it up, but would be happy to do SFA, diabolically **** up the things I actually do bother to do and take my juicy pay home at the end of the week.

Basically, maintain the status quo.

Can they move on Morris or is he protected by the News Ltd cabal?

All you blokes wanting Kevvie sacked, tell me the coach you replace him with that instantly changes our performances?

I'll give you the tip, there are none

It's not a coaching issue, the club has been freefalling for the past few years.
Bennett!

And Terry Matterson is handling our attacking structures?

Okay… No offence Terry, but that doesn’t really strike me as his specialty…

As I’ve said before, I’d be looking at Neil Henry for that role and as the brains trust for overall game plan, if I were Kev…
What? Really? That’s so absurd it’s humorous.

All of this had to happen sooner or later, thankfully it is now and not like last season when it was all too late to do anything to help this year. Hopefully this change speeds up the rebuild and who knows who might pop up we weren't aware of before next season.

You don't rate Flanagan?
Forgot about him. He’s definitely an option. Doubt the club would sign him.

edit: maybe get him in on biggish money as Kev’s assistant ready to take over if we’re still shit house next year.

Forgot about him. He’s definitely an option. Doubt the club would sign him.
With Dirty D in charge we might all be shocked, hey? I've advocated for Flanagan for years and thought we could have employed him in a minor role until his suspension was over.

With Dirty D in charge we might all be shocked, hey? I've advocated for Flanagan for years and thought we could have employed him in a minor role until his suspension was over.
I like Flanno teams. They’re tough and resilient rather than flashy or exciting. They play dirty and force teams into a dog fight.

I ‘m just not a big fan of what he might bring culturally. I’m not going to get into an argument of who did what or what was proved but the facts are that a PED program ran during his tenure, as did salary cap cheating, and he didn’t follow the guidelines set in his punishment.

I think he’d be a great assistant coach, especially for our team who has no resilience but Im not sure if he’s a good fit culturally. I guess that doesn’t matter if we’re winning.

I like Flanno teams. They’re tough and resilient rather than flashy or exciting. They play dirty and force teams into a dog fight.

I ‘m just not a big fan of what he might bring culturally. I’m not going to get into an argument of who did what or what was proved but the facts are that a PED program ran during his tenure, as did salary cap cheating, and he didn’t follow the guidelines set in his punishment.

I think he’d be a great assistant coach, especially for our team who has no resilience but Im not sure if he’s a good fit culturally. I guess that doesn’t matter if we’re winning.
All that's true in a sense. I also understand the guilt by association thing. Eventually the world has to move on. The 6 week course of recovery drugs that Dank sold to various clubs across two codes did contain some ingredients which triggered the punishment happened 10 years ago. As for the salary cap things they certainly weren't in the same category as Melbourne's efforts and truthfully Flanagan wasn't in charge of the clubs finances and I'd doubt he knew much if anything about the dollars and cents.

I do still acknowledge your points. I also think you probably understand the notion that we aren't just one thing. That one bad error doesn't accurately define us. Flanagan, like Lodge and others( Andrew Johns !-immortal 😯) deserves a second chance and obviously he's been given that within the media. I don't think it would be as big a deal as some would believe. After all it would be hard to see channel nine giving him shit when they've employed him and they themselves have moved on.

I like Flanagan's tough as teak attitude to team building and I only suggest him based on what he could deliver and not the mistakes of his ancient past.

Active Now

• jarro65
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Hurrijo
  • scobie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • Skyblues87
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.