Post Game Discussion - Round 9 - Penrith

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
My bet would be on Oates over 100m, maybe Maranta over 25m.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Ari - I'm genuinely interested to know who's faster between Maranta, Vidot and Oates.

From what I've seen I'd have to say Oates would be one of the fastest players at the club. I'm more curious to find out who is fastest out of Vidot and McGuire.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I'm sure there was some occasion where we had to play two forwards out-wide but the slowest I can recall is Nick Emmett and Kaine Manihera.

Could certainly do a job but there was no threat of any length of the field efforts with them.

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
McGuire sited. Looking at one week. Poor call, the tackle was nothing in my opinion, landed on his side. Shocking to say the least when compared to Peachey, who is only looking at 2-3 weeks.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
McGuire pulled out of that tackle so as to not injure the player, he should be rewarded for player safety not penalised.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Haha yeah it was Brett. Cheers bp. I hope he and miranta will get that level of combination as reed and hoffy had there at the time. I think after the origin period we will see that the team will stay fairly set leading to the back end and combinations will really start firing.

B

bingale16

NYC Player
May 11, 2015
Any reason why Gillett came off at 55 minutes and never came back on? Was he injured or something? Hope its not a regular sight cause he needs more minutes.Easily our most dangerous forward close to the try line. Seems he doesnt offload as much, maybe Bennett is telling him to play safe because he is one of our best offloaders in the team, if not one of the best in the comp.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Any reason why Gillett came off at 55 minutes and never came back on? Was he injured or something? Hope its not a regular sight cause he needs more minutes.Easily our most dangerous forward close to the try line. Seems he doesnt offload as much, maybe Bennett is telling him to play safe because he is one of our best offloaders in the team, if not one of the best in the comp.

The way we don't use Gillett is a real sore point with me. It would be so good to see more of his excellent ball playing skills and running angles off short balls like Hunt>Oates last game, or that 1st try we scored against the Dragons where he was heavily involved.

Surely Bennett must see that. I mean, Milford and Glenn have developed a bit of a combination - although not enough in my book. In fact, as I posted before, imo we just under-utilize our terrific back row's full set of skills

B

bingale16

NYC Player
May 11, 2015
Thankyou rnabokov who agrees with me. Gillett and our back row are so under used. One on one he will beat a player and if they tackle him, he has the offload as well. It looks as if Gillo is holding back, just doesnt have the flare like he did earlier years; angles, offloads and even the chip n chase he did against the Warriors a few years back.

Open your eyes Bennett. He is off contract in 2016. We better resign him. I would be filthy if we lose him cause we resigned Glenn, Thaiday and Parker (also off contract 2016) and keep Maranta and Wallace!

B

bingale16

NYC Player
May 11, 2015
Would prefer Reed/Copley on left and they swap in defence/attack.

Right has to be Hodges Kahu.

Maranta is only good under the high ball, he doesnt offer anything else. Cant finish a try (only when there is no one in front of him and most of his tries and gifted by Hodges Kahu). He has never had to work hard for a try

Mosyzlak

Mosyzlak

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2013
Thankyou rnabokov who agrees with me. Gillett and our back row are so under used. One on one he will beat a player and if they tackle him, he has the offload as well. It looks as if Gillo is holding back, just doesnt have the flare like he did earlier years; angles, offloads and even the chip n chase he did against the Warriors a few years back.

Open your eyes Bennett. He is off contract in 2016. We better resign him. I would be filthy if we lose him cause we resigned Glenn, Thaiday and Parker (also off contract 2016) and keep Maranta and Wallace!
I think your mistaking the Broncos playing it calm and considered with them not using weapons. Yes the second rowers are not being utilised to their full strength but we're playing a tactic that wins games and someone like Corey can come in and fit that structure and seal the deal.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
My daughter had her friend over from school, 8 year olds.
Me: I hear you like rugby league Max.
Max: yeah.
me: who's your team?
Max: the Panthers.
Me: really, who's your favourite player?
max: Jamie Soward.
me : (spits out drink) really, why?
max: cos when he scores he shoots off his guns.
Me : ( shoulders slumped, walks to the shed)

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
He will get older and wiser one day

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
That's not good man, I'd be pushing your daughter to find some smarter friends :laugh:

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Don't be so mean to Soward guys. 8 year olds are the only people who can look up to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
That's not good man, I'd be pushing your daughter to find some smarter friends :laugh:

The unholy trinity.
She supports the rabbits (bandwagon)
She plays soccer.
and has a friend who likes Jamie Soward.
I gunna git me a DNA test.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Just to post a couple of interesting facts..

@Broncoman this is a little late, but I completely forgot to reply to your post.

Games have ended in an 8-5 scoreline before, and it happened at least once a year in the early 1900's. However, a game hasn't ended in an 8-5 scoreline since Round 1 of the 1988 Panasonic Cup when Cronulla beat Bulldogs.

In the main competition, the last time a game ended in an 8-5 scoreline was in 1977 when Bulldogs beat Magpies.

And just on the 8-5 scoreline from Friday, did anyone happen to notice the date? 8th May, 8/5.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • MasterWright
  • phoenix
  • Astro
  • Porthoz
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Behold
  • Xzei
  • Kev_Guz
  • Strop
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.