Post Game Discussion - Round 9 - Penrith

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Fitler is a piece of shit player with no personality.. Doesn't deserve the media roles he has. Clearly fitler doesn't share the same vision as the Broncos and hunt does. .. It was our structure that got us that try. Length of the field effort off the back of niko, milford, hodges, maguire, Parker and blair. No fluke

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Fittler and Johns are great to listen to when they're talking technical aspects of the game. Otherwise, they come across as complete space cadets.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
From plugging Penrith sponsors

The way Fittler talks about his playing days, he always talks about the Roosters & he doesn't mention his time at the Panthers.

Same with Wendell Sailor, he goes on & on about the Dragons, hardly mentions the Broncos.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I've always been in the minority, but I really enjoy listening to Freddie.

He just cracks me up with some of the stuff he comes out with haha.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Seriously why would Hadley think that the viewing public would want to hear stories about his week and how he talked to some 92 year old about some problem on his radio show whilst we are trying to kick back and enjoy the game.

When he was saying that, I was yelling at the TV, tell someone who cares. (my care factor meter was on zero)

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Got to say, this was nice work from Kodi and Milford to get us in a position to score the try.

Couple things - The spark Nikorima is giving us currently is so invaluable. He's got a good eye for the defensive line and seems to be lightning off the mark.

Jack Reed - If he dummies and goes himself on the 3rd, he scores and we win right there. He passed to Maranta and ended up running over the line anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:
Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
On the Sunday footy show, Fittler was going on & on about how lucky the Broncos were in scoring the try. (It was a fluke that paid off)

During the game just before we scored the last try, Hadley said that Wally said if the Broncos go right they will score. (Wally can still read a game)

We didn't get a penalty to march up their end, we got up their on our own. I don't see how that was a fluke at all.

M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012
It's the age old adage and it is very true: Strong defence wins premierships.

I don't want to be pre-emptive, but this year and this team has a very 2006-esque feel to it. It has been a joy to watch our great defence in action. Reminds me of the late rounds in 2006 when we went 6 halves without conceding a point

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Am I the only one who wasn't that impressed with our defence overall on Friday? The goal line work was brilliant by all means, but we literally let them make 60+ metres every set, our line speed was dreadful for the most part.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Am I the only one who wasn't that impressed with our defence overall on Friday? The goal line work was brilliant by all means, but we literally let them make 60+ metres every set, our line speed was dreadful for the most part.

They are sacrificing line speed to make sure they keep a straight line, and it's working so who cares?

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Agree, Hodges stays around the ruck until just before the PTB, it does hold the defence up. But also McGuire knew exactly what his job was - get to the middle & run slightly wide to get as many outside defenders in as possible. Added bonus was that Taylor does a semi-flop and that prevents him from being aware of the space out wide.

That's what I mean by very specific circumstances. That's the sort of stuff that goes unnoticed, but is obviously part of their drills, that makes these opportunities possible.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Line speed has been shit all season IMO.

Too often they are sitting back on their heels, waiting.

Sure there needs to be periods during the game when waiting/sliding....just wrapping up the ball is priority. But there also needs to be times when we are rushing up (together) and smashing them...attacking the opposition with our defence.

Not seeing nearly enough of the latter.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Line speed has been shit all season IMO.

Too often they are sitting back on their heels, waiting.

Sure there needs to be periods during the game when waiting/sliding....just wrapping up the ball is priority. But there also needs to be times when we are rushing up (together) and smashing them...attacking the opposition with our defence.

Not seeing nearly enough of the latter.

Probably not the most important thing so early in the year. . Bennett is re programming them. Teaching them new ways.

Line speed will come later. . If they keep holding teams out for no tries, that's a fantastic platform to build off

Active Now

• MasterWright
  • Porthoz
  • Aldo
  • Johnny92
  • phoenix
  • Astro
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Behold
  • Xzei
  • Kev_Guz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.