Post Game Discussion - Round 9 - Penrith

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Reed didn't help Maranta. He either didn't pass or couldn't draw and pass

Agreed Browny. I'm not sure what Reed was thinking. It's like he was oblivious to having an outside man unmarked. Honestly, I lost count of how many times Maranta had nothing in front of him but the tryline but Reed decided to go himself. So frustrating to watch. We should have won by 30 not 3.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Every time I thought Hodges wasted a tackle with a crap dummy half run he ended up making 20m

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
This is great. I loved it.

rwuelj.jpg

And there is this one not long before that. Suck shit Sowie..

2u7lyzn.jpg

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Got to say, this was nice work from Kodi and Milford to get us in a position to score the try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Looking at that video it's even more obvious that Maranta did the right thing in coming back. He simply doesn't have the speed to beat someone on the outside. At least he's smart enough to know it.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Got to say, this was nice work from Kodi and Milford to get us in a position to score the try.

I just noticed in that last passage down the left, the one time Reed decides to pass, he bombs a potential try he could've dummied and gone himself

Last edited by a moderator:
Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Or committed the outside defender before passing

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Also. . Check out the first second of the video.

Boyd is the one who is pointing at the hole for niko to run through

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
did anyone watch the Sunday footy show today ...

they were talking about the rule where the ball has to bounce over the dead ball line for it to be considered dead ... that is why when Moylan caught the ball from Boyd's grubber, it was a drop out not a 20m tap.

they had a clip from Soward

he acknowledges that was the rule, but basically said the ref shouldn't have chosen to enforce it at that point in the game :laugh: :laugh:

M

morganmorgan

NYC Player
Mar 9, 2015
did anyone watch the Sunday footy show today ...

they were talking about the rule where the ball has to bounce over the dead ball line for it to be considered dead ... that is why when Moylan caught the ball from Boyd's grubber, it was a drop out not a 20m tap.

they had a clip from Soward

he acknowledges that was the rule, but basically said the ref shouldn't have chosen to enforce it at that point in the game :laugh: :laugh:

He is a little whinging bitch

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
On the Sunday footy show, Fittler was going on & on about how lucky the Broncos were in scoring the try. (It was a fluke that paid off)

During the game just before we scored the last try, Hadley said that Wally said if the Broncos go right they will score. (Wally can still read a game)

Last edited:
ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Watching on the replay, Hodgo also breaks out from behind the ruck and steps to the right which just holds up the defenders that little bit longer.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
On the Sunday footy show, Fittler was going on & on about how lucky the Broncos were in scoring the try. (It was a fluke that paid off)

During the game just before we scored the last try, Hadley said that Wally said if the Broncos go right they will score. (Wally can still read a game)

Fittler got on my nerves all night during the game. I can't recall hearing more rubbish commentary. I know Kimmorley cops it but he is Shakespearean compared to Fittler. From plugging Penrith sponsors to making excuses for Peachey's gutless, pathetic tackle on Blair - it drove me nuts!

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Fittler got on my nerves all night during the game. I can't recall hearing more rubbish commentary. I know Kimmorley cops it but he is Shakespearean compared to Fittler. From plugging Penrith sponsors to making excuses for Peachey's gutless, pathetic tackle on Blair - it drove me nuts!

But at least he is better to listen to then Hadley. Seriously why would Hadley think that the viewing public would want to hear stories about his week and how he talked to some 92 year old about some problem on his radio show whilst we are trying to kick back and enjoy the game.

Fittler is a dumb commentator but at least he sounds like a nice bloke and would be a lot of fun to be around whilst Hadley on the other hand is the complete opposite.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Seibs
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Galah
  • azza.79
  • Brocko
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Midean
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncos4life
  • Mustafur
  • Stix
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.