Post Game Discussion - Round 9 - Penrith

Well for starters the Panthers at least supported the ball carrier, we were just running one out and our forwards were getting smashed by three in the tackle.

Fair enough. Areas of our game need work, but as I replied to Ari....they couldn't crack us where it counted and but for a couple of penalties and a FG, they don't score a point. Hardly a convincing win but I definitely think we were the better side.

Yeah Blair was dog shit tonight, I've never seen a forward make 20 metres off a kick return, only to be consistently pushed back 5-10 metres every time, use some leg power ffs.

Noticed that too. He kind of jumps as he hits the line to put his full weight in, but he then has no leg drive. Especially those last two dropouts, McGuire took the first one and used leg drive to get to the 30 instead of Blair turtled 45 out.

I've caught the first sixteen minutes and just saw some good hands from Boyd in a movement that ended with Kahu dropping the ball. I don't know, the first twenty hasn't been too bad so far. Some real good signs. Thank you to all who gave me the advice about the online broadcast and their views on Boyd. Time to sleep. Can't wait to see the match winning try unless one of you can put it up ...!!!!

Btw, I have never wanted Oates in the pack, he has much to offer elsewhere. Cmon someone, the match winner please !

And that is why I think Oates belongs in the second row.

But but but... He needs to retire!

When that was being discussed last year, we were playing a lot better without him. His "brilliant" dummy half efforts were throwing off what little structure we had.

I'm very happy he's going well now, as I never want any Bronco to play badly, but his plays are working a lot better this year.

Yeah Blair was dog shit tonight, I've never seen a forward make 20 metres off a kick return, only to be consistently pushed back 5-10 metres every time, use some leg power ffs.

Blair is a DUD...

Fair enough. I respectfully disagree. They made massive meters through the middle (which certainly needs attention) but couldn't crack us where it counts and had to resort to penalty kicks and a field goal. We cracked them twice.

I think the absence of Segeyaro and Wallace had a big part to play in them not cracking us. Granted, you can only beat what's in front of you, but even then only a great Kahu tackle on Soward stopped the shitty spine of Penrith beating us.

For mine the Panthers bossed the forward battle and made great metres. Additionally, Soward bossed the game with his boot, constantly ensuring Panthers had territorial advantage, whilst Hunt had a collection of kicks ranging from good to completely shit.

Aside from the scoreboard/try tally, can you point to one aspect of the game where we were better than Penrith? Goal line defence is about it. And it's critical. But it doesn't make us the better team IMO.

Not that it matters. We've been the better team and not won a lot in the past.

Thaiday into the front row, Blair to bench second rower.

I understand completely this will never happen, but our backline should be this:

1. Milford
2. Boyd
3. Copley
4. Kahu
5. Oates
6. Hodges
7. Hunt

Thoroughly undeserved two points, but happy to take them. Hodges MOTM for mine, he was great tonight. Things that were less great tonight:

Oates - he was great... for 20mins. And that's all he could be great for, because that's all he got. With Thaiday to come back I don't see how he gets more. If we re-sign Thaiday and Glenn, then that locks out our backrow for 1-2 years. We need more of Oates, if that's at wing in place of Maranta, that's what needs to happen. But 20mins is criminal.

Our kicking game - I feel this is the thing that suffers the most with a spine of Boyd/Milford/Hunt. There's a lack of organization and control and we need more from all of them in this regard.

Kicking game was shit no question.

Oates is being used sparingly in the forwards currently and I have no issue with that. Keeping him freshpaid off, how can you be certain he scores that try if he's tired?

Even though I said it about 60 into the game because I was angry, how can we honestly say we didn't deserve the win. We were the only team to score a try and played right to the end. It wasn't pretty but it was a deserved win

What the **** is with some of you *****, how could we not deserve to win that game. We are the only team on the fucking field to score a fucking try and defend our line so that all opposition points are from penalties and fucking drop goals. This place is filled with fucking winging children, that was a tough win. We weren't perfect but we got the fucking W and the boys played there guts out, be happy for **** sake.

What the **** is with some of you *****, how could we not deserve to win that game. We are the only team on the fucking field to score a fucking try and defend our line so that all opposition points are from penalties and fucking drop goals. This place is filled with fucking winging children, that was a tough win. We weren't perfect but we got the fucking W and the boys played there guts out, be happy for **** sake.

It's called having a fucking opinion.

The word is whinging.

spelling_police_womens_long_sleeve_dark_tshirt.jpg

Doesn't anyone know the rule?

No Debbie Downers for 24 hours after a win like that, no matter how sensible you're being. :laugh:

Never stopped believing.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • Griffo
  • Strop
  • Skyblues87
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • winslow_wong
  • Volvo Driver
  • Maddy
  • Foordy
  • john1420
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.