Post Game Discussion - Round 9 - Penrith

I'm confident Bennett saw that win for what it was and will address our issues over the next week. We can't play like that against the Cows.

Is it me, or does Gillett really lack the ability to run into holes?

I'm confident Bennett saw that win for what it was and will address our issues over the next week. We can't play like that against the Cows.

Thurston will have us kicking drop outs every set if we allow them as many metres as the Panthers.

Is it me, or does Gillett really lack the ability to run into holes?

We were on the back foot, and their defence was on their toes and coming up hard. There were no holes.

That is Bennett's defensive structure though. Hold a solid line and work together is a higher priority then line speed if the whole defensive line is not in a position to charge up together. This means they may give up yards, but as shown tonight (and many times throughout the season) it is very difficult to score points.

Just saw Peachey's tackle. With the benefit of hindsight and knowing we win, I don't think it was a sinbin.
If I was watching live I sure would have wanted him gone.

Looks much worse than Bird's and very late, but who knows with the MRC.

I hope McGuire doesn't get picked up for his tackle though.

The ABC commentators don't like us. (thought they may have changed after Warren Ryan & David Morrow left)

Several years ago they were going on about a head high tackle we did, listening to them, I thought shit, the player was nearly decapitated.

And when I watched it, it was nothing.

Haha!

They also claimed Blair got carried back 10 metres after returning a line dropout. In truth he hit the line and was tackled backwards, on the spot that he hit the line...

Just saw Peachey's tackle. With the benefit of hindsight and knowing we win, I don't think it was a sinbin.
If I was watching live I sure would have wanted him gone.

Looks much worse than Bird's and very late, but who knows with the MRC.

I hope McGuire doesn't get picked up for his tackle though.

He'll be charged for a dangerous throw and a grade 1 carries 125 points. He has already been charged this year.

McGuire won't be playing next week.

Last edited:
McGuire was great, but it's a little disappointing that pretty much every one of our forwards was outplayed by one of their rookies, Campbell Gillard. He was killing us. Our linespeed and defence through the middle will need some work.

If peachey's tackle was done while play was going than yeah sin bin at best, but fact that it was after the whistle blown and a mistake HE HIMSELF knew he made( so he knew it would of been stopped play) and he does that. I'm sorry but off for ten minutes. How is that any difference to a punch thrown when play is over and there's a scuffle with all the players.

At the end of the day a punch gives you a nose bleed or a split lip.
Dumping someone like that can put you in a wheel chair(alex McKinnon)
So he should of been sent off.

We could've really used a Gavet or someone tonight to come out there and put on some big shots and make some barnstorming runs, shame he's goneskies for the year, maybe that's something Wayne can look for in the off-season, someone fitting the mould of Tapau.

I never thought I would say this, but we missed Thaiday and Dodds.

Clip of Locky interviewing McGuire after the match if anyone missed it:

Last edited by a moderator:
When was the last time we kept our line intact? . It seems to be the way this year. I'm not quite sure how were wining but we are. so much obvious improvement available. Niko earned us the field position to score that last try. I thought Reed defined extremely well.

**** I hate Jamie 'Poppin Fresh' Soward's smarmy little face. Suck it you fuckstick. Loved how much he was bigging himself up when he scored, but then the decision was overruled by the video ref. Fucking turd.

Kahu is a beast under the high ball. Actually, Kahu is a beast in general.

Get Maranta and Reed out of the team please. Watching them try and attack was just... ergh.

Delighted Boyd got through the match without any issues. Looked a bit short of pace and maybe lacking a little confidence, which is completely understandable. Was quite a solid return I thought.

Thought Glenn was very strong, and we definitely missed Thaiday's dynamism.

McGuire was a tank. Hodges also excellent.

Milford looked pretty lively.

Who cares anyway, that was a game we would've lost the past few seasons, but we fucking won, so Jamie Soward can **** off.

**** I hate Jamie 'Poppin Fresh' Soward's smarmy little face. Suck it you ****stick. Loved how much he was bigging himself up when he scored, but then the decision was overruled by the video ref. ****ing turd.

Kahu is a beast under the high ball. Actually, Kahu is a beast in general.

Get Maranta and Reed out of the team please. Watching them try and attack was just... ergh.

Delighted Boyd got through the match without any issues. Looked a bit short of pace and maybe lacking a little confidence, which is completely understandable. Was quite a solid return I thought.

Thought Glenn was very strong, and we definitely missed Thaiday's dynamism.

McGuire was a tank. Hodges also excellent.

Milford looked pretty lively.

Who cares anyway, that was a game we would've lost the past few seasons, but we ****ing won, so Jamie Soward can **** off.
Plus, how fat is Soward looking . Like he spent his rehab in the pie shop.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.