POST GAME POST GAME [Round 9, 2023] Broncos vs Rabbitohs

I'm well aware of what it used to be, but the NRL haven't given a shit about tripping for a long ass time now.

Used to be several weeks on the sideline and was a very rare sight to see on the field.

They've been changed to fines now and barely end up as penalties, but now all of a sudden they're sin bin offences.

It's a crackdown they now have to commit to ... or will it be like so many crackdowns before and just fade off into nothingness 5mins after it started
Rugby League rules change and adapt over time in response to feedback. It's how Rugby League has always been. Are you suggesting it was okay for Herbie to stick out his leg like that? Or are you just mad we lost and are looking for a vent?

Rugby League rules change and adapt over time in response to feedback. It's how Rugby League has always been. Are you suggesting it was okay for Herbie to stick out his leg like that? Or are you just mad we lost and are looking for a vent?
It's obviously a penalty... I want to know when it suddenly became a sin bin offence... and will be interested to see if it remains a sin bin offence moving forward

Just shows the consistency of the inconsistency with the NRL and sin bins/MRC decisions.

Haas wasn't binned, don't think it was even a penalty, ended up getting a week.

Farnworth gets binned, only gets a fine.

It's obviously a penalty... I want to know when it suddenly became a sin bin offence... and will be interested to see if it remains a sin bin offence moving forward

PLAYER MISCONDUCT
A player is guilty of misconduct if he:
1. ‘Trips, kicks or strikes another player

In these circumstances:‘
A penalty kick shall be awarded against any player who is guilty of misconduct (Section 15) provided that this is not to the disadvantage of the non-offending team.’ Section 13 (1) (a)​
Additionally a Referee or Review Officials may:
‘In the event of misconduct by a player at his discretion, caution, temporarily suspend for
ten minutes (Sin Bin), or dismiss the player’ Section 16 (6)​
If an incident is significant enough a Referee will also place the player or incident on report.​

Just shows the consistency of the inconsistency with the NRL and sin bins/MRC decisions.

Haas wasn't binned, don't think it was even a penalty, ended up getting a week.

Farnworth gets binned, only gets a fine.
How can you have watched the game this long and not understand the layers of the judiciary process, and how fresh eyes are applied in each layer? That's like wondering why someone got arrested but never went to prison.

This is the bit that is bullshit
Not really. What happens on the field isn't always black and white. What you see, the referee sees, the touch judges see, the bunker sees, the MRC sees and finally what's presented to the Judiciary, these can differ. The referee is entitled to send players off the field if they dissent with a decision he makes that transpires to be wrong. This is the power they're granted and everyone has to accept this in order to play.

Herbie got exactly the right punishment. Payne, on the other hand, was victim of an experimental rule that's highly contentious.

Capewell 6 missed tackles.

Riki 7 missed tackles (i think most of his didn’t matter as they would’ve been him trying to smash the backs and bounce off).

surely there’s better second rowers than Capewell that we can chase.
Unless there’s a big turn around in form I do think Capewell should be destined for a move to the bench next season

Not really. What happens on the field isn't always black and white. What you see, the referee sees, the touch judges see, the bunker sees, the MRC sees and finally what's presented to the Judiciary, these can differ. The referee is entitled to send players off the field if they dissent with a decision he makes that transpires to be wrong. This is the power they're granted and everyone has to accept this in order to play.
Then dont be suprised if fans think shit is corrupt when players get differing penalties on the field for similar incidents refs and some fans just need to accept this.

Then dont be suprised if fans think shit is corrupt when players get differing penalties on the field for similar incidents refs and some fans just need to accept this.
I'm not surprised. Refs are from Mars. Fans are from Venus.

We have penalties now for hair pulling, when players have hair half way down their jersey.
The games fucking cooked.

Need to straight publicly hang everyone in charge and start again.
Take the game back to the mid 90's and start from there.
Bring back the shoulder charge, bring back the biff.
Sin bins for tripping and Hopoate level offenses.

And get rid of melbourne storm.

Unless there’s a big turn around in form I do think Capewell should be destined for a move to the bench next season
Why next season, I don't think his form warrants him starting now.
We need a more destructive runner that also doesn't miss so many tackles..

I agree, but we don't have one of those in our squad. Piakura is probably closest but he's still a long way off a regular NRL player. Second row is a big weak spot in our squad, we have zero depth. Hell Kev has had Flegler training there. If Riki and Capes both go down at the same time we're up shit creek.

That game shows how important young Mam has become to us in both attack and defence. His speed creates holes around him in attack, and helps free up others (ie Reece, Herbie) - and he hits like a truck in defence, Herbie and Capes clearly trust him to make his tackles, they both played very differently in defence with Madden there lastnight.

Yeah basically as said above, we don’t have anyone banging the door down currently. We either go to market or Piakura levels up but Capewell is reaching the elder statesman phase of his career and can provide value with experience and utility value off the bench, rather than missing 6 tackles, getting penalised for pushing the envelope too far and being fairly physically ineffective for 80 minutes a game each week.

I do think he is still a good figure to have around the club and is capable of a good stint each game but he doesn’t have 80 minutes in him.

One thing Capes did really well lastnight was that run from left to right through the middle of Souths to get the ball to Reyno. It was great vision. He saw he had Madden with him surrounded by red and green on the left but there were numbers and space to the right, so he goes into the guts of the middle defence to get Reyno the ball and get it out to our strike centre Staggs....who promptly throws a very forward pass to Cobbo who had a clear run to the line from 40m out. I nearly threw my rum at the TV, so frustrating.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Battler
  • Big Del
  • mrslong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Pigskin
  • Lostboy
  • Allo
  • KevieBurnerAccount
  • broncos4life
  • theshed
  • Dexter
  • Morkel
  • jd87
  • achievedrap
  • winslow_wong
  • sooticus
  • Lurker
  • Harry Sack
... and 29 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.