Lang Park

Friday
Night
19:00

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think the Dolphins can beat us. They have done brilliantly so far but they wont match it with us.
Yeah they’ve got some tough bastards dragging them to victory but they can’t keep that up every week and no matter how good Wayne is, you just can look at that backline and spine and feel nervous.

Did JMK end up copping a 2 week suspension? If he’s out, a loss to the phins would be even more worrying

Dolphins don't really have anyone in their team who can rip you to pieces, they are well coached though and if you give them opportunities at your line they will score.

I just think if we can hold the ball and don't give away dumb penalties, I don't think they will get the field position they need.

I dont think the Dolphins can beat us. They have done brilliantly so far but they wont match it with us.
I think The can beat us, at full strength, if we take them lightly. They are not (JMK is, and Felise better be, out), and I don't think we are, so I don't think they will. This is one game I am convinced we won't take lightly, judging by some of the comments in the post-game interviews...the boys seem to be taking the "our city" thing to heart.

I think it will be similar to Saturday's game - we will be high on emotion and make too many errors as a result, which will mean scrapping with them for a big chunk of the game before our roster quality shines though. If we respect the ball and put in the work to earn the flashy stuff, we will run away with it like Saturday.

I'd like to see us come out and fucking blitz them in the first 20mins tbh. But I am preparing myself for an error-fest grind where we snatch it late.

Yeah they’ve got some tough bastards dragging them to victory but they can’t keep that up every week and no matter how good Wayne is, you just can look at that backline and spine and feel nervous.

Did JMK end up copping a 2 week suspension? If he’s out, a loss to the phins would be even more worrying

Yes, two weeks. Felise also took the early plea, 3 weeks.

Dolphins don't really have anyone in their team who can rip you to pieces, they are well coached though and if you give them opportunities at your line they will score.

I just think if we can hold the ball and don't give away dumb penalties, I don't think they will get the field position they need.

Their attack has looked surprising slick and fluid so far.

Is that official now? The talk a couple of hours ago was they were debating on challenging the grading.

Heard it on one of the RL talk shows that they've taken the plea, but could be full of shit as well.

Old mate has a record, even the slightest charge would probably sit him out for a week.

Old mate has a record, even the slightest charge would probably sit him out for a week.

Not if its a grade one. Suaalii had 3 previous offenses as well and he only got a fine. That grade 2 is the thing thats hitting him hard, excuse the pun.

You can already hear the excuses from the whole 3 fans that they have…
“We didn’t have a full strength team”, “Broncos got lucky” “It’s a loss we needed”

STFU! You lost by 32 points. Your team is shit and this is our house. Long drive back to Methcliffe.

How funny is it sydney media saying how "huge" the dolphins are and everyone in brisbane is going on about them. Who the **** are they talking too in brisbane? Haha...

90% of the footy chat I've heard is **** ye broncos with a "and can't believe the dolphins won again" to finish the convo. Do they seriously think the dolphins threaten broncos popularity after 3 games?
50,000 sell out is BECAUSE of the broncos. They had a season opener against a top team in their first game and got 30,000. If they were playing the tigers this weekend they'd be lucky to get 20,000, and if they'd lost ANY of their games it'd be under 15,000. They've even got memberships for 1 game, the broncos game. It's why they got the 1st home game vs us, to build their crowds up and make out the fans are there for them and not us.
Their popularity is 90% dependent on us. Broncos win the premiership in the next few years and unless the dolphins do the same they won't be much ahead, if at all of the titans.
Man, there's some pretty fragile Broncos fans here. There's certainly plenty of people in my circle that are talking about the Phins. Why feel threatened about another team in SEQ? It's good for the game FFS! I want to see big crowds each week like the AFL. We need more local rivalries.

And correction, there's going to be 50k because of BOTH teams being undefeated. You're talking like the Broncos always draw 50k. Foxsports and CH9 would be fucking DUMB not to hype up this game. It should be a ratings winner for both. I mean, we're going to murder Redcliffe but there'll be plenty of people watching.

Well Hindy is backing us so we're screwed.

He said Dolphins wouldn't win until Round 8.

We should win and win but but will we? I mean you put it head to head and well, take a look:

1. Walsh (Hammer is a gun though)
2. Isaako (I’m being very generous here but he has started the season very well)
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Katoa (I’m trying to be very unbiased here but I personally think Mam is a freak)
7. Reynolds
8. Bromwich
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Bromwich
13. Carrigan

14. Nikorima
15. Flegler
16. Gilbert
17. Riki

It’s clear which is the better team even with Broncos bias off.

We should win and win but but will we? I mean you put it head to head and well, take a look:

1. Walsh (Hammer is a gun though)
2. Isaako (I’m being very generous here but he has started the season very well)
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Katoa (I’m trying to be very unbiased here but I personally think Mam is a freak)
7. Reynolds
8. Bromwich
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Bromwich
13. Carrigan

14. Nikorima
15. Flegler
16. Gilbert
17. Riki

It’s clear which is the better team even with Broncos bias off.
I think Mam is better then Katoa, but he is playing a bit of a different role because we have Reynolds and SoS is not Reynolds.

Staggs is starting to brutalise guys in defence. They aren’t beautiful technique shots like Kafausi or Olam but he has been smashing blokes

It’s a lengthy suspension waiting to happen really. Lots of potential for h the way he’s been hitting to go wrong.

Good point. Forgot about Staggs. He’d go well in the back row now that he can destroy in defense as well as attack. Love to see him take on Kaufusi.

On paper you would think the Broncos should take this out. But we all know Wayne has the ability to get his teams to win games they simply have no right to win.

While they are undefeated they did beat a very very poor and deflated roosters team. Raiders in the wet I'll give them. And a knights team missing 7 players. Good chance they have a false sense of confidence after this.

I just want to see us get into the grind here and do what we do best. Let the forwards battle it out for a bit then look to attack. We can't be inpatient like we were against the Dragons early on.

What odds can i get for a "Wayne sscking kev is the reason Kev is the coach he is today" story?.

What odds can i get for a "Wayne sscking kev is the reason Kev is the coach he is today" story?.

$1.01

There was a rivalries story earlier in the season where that was already used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Manifesto
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.