PRE-GAME PRE-GAME [Round 8, 2023] Broncos vs Eels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the tigers game a cpl of weeks ago ?
I said last cpl of games .

I was off him too . But he has improved the past 2 weeks .

That's what you said, I didn't say that.

You can't just cherry pick 2 games to suit an argument. If it worked like that, we'd be the best team in the NRL based on the opening 5 weeks, however that small sample size counts for nothing. Doing it week in and week out is what matters, that's what coaches and players are judged on.

It's not even a debate worth having, Kobe undeniably gives us more. It's just a case of whether or not he's good to go and based off of last week, he is good to go.

He was very good last year .
Was pretty ordinary for a cpl of years previous though .

Arthars tbf hasnt exactly been brilliant until this year either. He's been pretty solid in a side performing really well. Oates was performing superbly in a far more erratic side last year. When we played poorly, he was still a standout. I still cant for the life of me fathom how he didnt win our player of the year last year.

NRL2023BHQRound8TeamList

Yes, he's likely to be our fullback if Walsh and Cobbo get called up for Origin.
Tbh Walsh probably won't get called up for Origin. Will get into camp but that's it. Every time Billy gets asked about it hes not really giving off vibes that he will chose him.

Ponga is still #1 choice and then probably AJ/Hammer in front of him as well. Walsh is arguably the form FB at the moment. But he still has too many errors/lapses of judgment in his game that simply isn't acceptable during origin. Probably for the best anyway, we will struggle enough during origin period as is.

I hope Jensen starts and Fleg fires from the bench. I just prefer that rhythm and I think the prestige of "starting" is a foolish mindset to have in the modern game.
not even sure it is a prestige thing atm more of having atleast one aggressive forward in D keeps the opposition honest.

not even sure it is a prestige thing atm more of having atleast one aggressive forward in D keeps the opposition honest.
ls Haas/Patty not aggressive enough?

Tbh Walsh probably won't get called up for Origin. Will get into camp but that's it. Every time Billy gets asked about it hes not really giving off vibes that he will chose him.

Ponga is still #1 choice and then probably AJ/Hammer in front of him as well. Walsh is arguably the form FB at the moment. But he still has too many errors/lapses of judgment in his game that simply isn't acceptable during origin. Probably for the best anyway, we will struggle enough during origin period as is.
Probably, because the position benefits from experience. Less so than the wing, where you can choose a rookie like Selwyn who's only had a brief purple patch.

Oates is basically higher risk/ higher reward Vs Arthars.
Arthars tbf hasnt exactly been brilliant until this year either. He's been pretty solid in a side performing really well. Oates was performing superbly in a far more erratic side last year. When we played poorly, he was still a standout. I still cant for the life of me fathom how he didnt win our player of the year last year.

Payne Haas just is too consistantly good. Even his bad games would be considered above average games. He's insane.

Are we...full strength? Going into this game? Battered and bruised a bit, sure, but we have named our first 17 for Friday. I'm still playing pessimist, this is going to be a huge test. Eels will be up for it, make no mistake. We have to be ruthless, this is as huge as the Panthers game IMO. Big, big test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • Dee
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • BroncoFan94
  • Yellowfella
  • cento
  • Kev_Guz
  • Robboi_321
  • Aldo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Gaz
  • Nerd
  • Allo
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • ezpz
  • Totally Unr3al
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.