Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I hope Jensen starts and Fleg fires from the bench. I just prefer that rhythm and I think the prestige of "starting" is a foolish mindset to have in the modern game.
I would usually think that as well, but against the eels there is a pretty significant difference between their starters and the bench, so I don't mind going all the big guns straight up and hoping our superior bench can get the ascendancy when the changes happen.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Are we...full strength? Going into this game? Battered and bruised a bit, sure, but we have named our first 17 for Friday. I'm still playing pessimist, this is going to be a huge test. Eels will be up for it, make no mistake. We have to be ruthless, this is as huge as the Panthers game IMO. Big, big test.
Looks to be our full strength side I'd imagine.

Will be very interesting to see how we go this game.

Kevvie has gone with all the big guns and up against a top tier side... can they stand up and take it to them.
Yes, ignoring reservations some might have about our hooking combo, this is our full strength lineup for 2023. We don't even have a single player out with injury, suspension or rep duty.

Combine that with having the refs in our pocket, we have no excuses this game.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
We're officially back to our full strength side

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
banning super mario GIF

It's crazy how lucky we have been with injuries this year.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Do you see any Junior Paulo's running around in QCup?
I see less talented, and less controlled defenders making him possibly more likely to get hit in the jaw.
Not coming back from suspension. Have some regard for his welfare please.
My apologies. I assumed the medical staff cleared him, forgot to check with you. When do you think he will be right to play NRL, Dr Gaz?

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
I see less talented, and less controlled defenders making him possibly more likely to get hit in the jaw.

My apologies. I assumed the medical staff cleared him, forgot to check with you. When do you think he will be right to play NRL, Dr Gaz?
Apologies accepted. Ok for Fri nite I believe.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
It's crazy how lucky we have been with injuries this year.
Dude, what the actual ****!

In all seriousness though, it's true and it's part of our good start to the season when you look at some of the other teams' lists. I just hope it doesn't swing too far the other way as the season progresses because in the forwards, our depth is very ordinary.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
because in the forwards, our depth is very ordinary.
I'm not sure we even know to what extent that might be true. We haven't had to dig any deeper than Palasia. The way I see it, it's not that our depth is very ordinary it's that our starters are extraordinary.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018

News Corp can reveal:

"Oates visited a surgeon on Tuesday to get the green light on a broken jaw to face the Eels and ramp-up the fight to retain his Queensland jumper for Origin I next month. Just four hours after training with the Broncos at an opposed session on Tuesday, Oates drove to a Brisbane hospital for a final medical assessment of the broken jaw he suffered in a nasty collision with Cowboys fullback Scott Drinkwater."​
Capewell:

“Oatesy was one of our best before he got injured so it will be handy to get him back. That’s not taking anything away from Jesse either, he was amazing while he was in there, it’s a good headache to have. Oatesy is one of those guys you can rely on. Everyone is buggered and he will put his hand up to take the tough carry, he gets us out of our own end well. I don’t enjoy tackling Oatesy at training, so I’m guessing the rest of the comp don’t either. I’m looking forward to having him back and hearing his voice from the sideline.”​

Oatesy:
"I’m really looking forward to coming back. It’s been hard watching from the grandstands, it’s great to see the boys doing so well, but I’m ready to get back out there.”​

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Oates is basically higher risk/ higher reward Vs Arthars.

Payne Haas just is too consistantly good. Even his bad games would be considered above average games. He's insane.

He wasnt anywhere near as good as Oatsey last year. He wasnt as good as Carrigan last year either. Haas has been out of this world so far and has been our best player in 2023, but he wasnt close to being our best player last year.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
News Corp can reveal:

"Oates visited a surgeon on Tuesday to get the green light on a broken jaw to face the Eels and ramp-up the fight to retain his Queensland jumper for Origin I next month. Just four hours after training with the Broncos at an opposed session on Tuesday, Oates drove to a Brisbane hospital for a final medical assessment of the broken jaw he suffered in a nasty collision with Cowboys fullback Scott Drinkwater."​
Capewell:

“Oatesy was one of our best before he got injured so it will be handy to get him back. That’s not taking anything away from Jesse either, he was amazing while he was in there, it’s a good headache to have. Oatesy is one of those guys you can rely on. Everyone is buggered and he will put his hand up to take the tough carry, he gets us out of our own end well. I don’t enjoy tackling Oatesy at training, so I’m guessing the rest of the comp don’t either. I’m looking forward to having him back and hearing his voice from the sideline.”​

Oatesy:
"I’m really looking forward to coming back. It’s been hard watching from the grandstands, it’s great to see the boys doing so well, but I’m ready to get back out there.”​
I read that starting line as “get the green light on a broken jaw to the face”.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
He wasnt anywhere near as good as Oatsey last year. He wasnt as good as Carrigan last year either. Haas has been out of this world so far and has been our best player in 2023, but he wasnt close to being our best player last year.
I’d let you argue that he wasn’t our best but I won’t let you get away with saying he wasn’t close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Santa
  • Galco
  • Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • Footy Fanatic
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BRC088
  • Maroon4life
  • Fatboy
  • Wolfie
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Foordy
  • Brotherdu
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.