PRE-GAME PRE-GAME [Round 9, 2023] Broncos vs Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oates and Haas is a lot of metres lost but injuries are part and parcel. Just makes it better if we do win.

Poor Oatesy, horrible luck this year but at least Arthars has been a great replacement.
Patty said it in his interview, we dont need players to come in and try to be the players who arent there. They just have to come in and do their jobs for the team.

As I said before, I’m a massive fan of Mam but outside of a bedshit on debut, I think Madden currently covers Mam fairly comfortably. It’s not like for like but he bring things Mam doesn’t have too. I think that should have little impact on the result.

Haas is a big out obviously but compare our packs even without Haas and I think we still come out on top.

Haas and Oates though is a lot of metres to try and find elsewhere.

Regardless, I still think this game is fairly winnable. Our forwards should be able to hang with there’s. It’ll all come down to defence and Reynolds kicking Mitchell to death.
Dolphins had them on the rack a couple weeks back and fatiguing badly... they just didn't have firepower to take advantage of it.

If we are to win it will need a committed effort from the team as a whole to complete and grind the bunnies down.

They don't like the ball staying in play, which we do like with our improved fitness. We don't like the stop start games, but that is exactly what Souths like.

It's a match up of styles so whichever one is played for the majority of the game is the team that will win.

Covering for Haas simply means increased minutes from our 3 middle forward bench... they haven't actually had to play that many minutes this year.

I hope Kobe is playing more minutes this week as one of the main contributors to cover Haas, then we also have Taupau and Palasia (who can be a workhorse prop).

Patty should probably be brought off at 30mins mark this week, because I think we need him for the backend of the game, so he can't be having his first break at the 50 minute mark.

Geez that's a shame for Oatesy, and for the team in general. He was immense on the weekend. Upcoming games are Souths, Manly, Storm, Panthers, Warriors, Sharks...hell of a time to go down with an injury, also with Origin just around the corner.

Put him on ice this week and manage his load to see if he is good for Manly. Seems like it is only a strain. Obviously we love Oatesy and want him to play origin but if his fitness suffers as a result of rushing him back it will be at a far greater cost than missing the odd game from being in the QLD team. We are already decimated this week may as well just send out a below average team and light a rocket up there ass and see what they can do with the extra motivation.

ligaments usually at least 3-4 weeks .

It's sad, i just got around to reading the Eels post-game thread, and watching how resigned we all are to the NRL's bullshit is depressing.

At the start the general consensus was that Haas should not be charged, Ezra's borderline (but unlucky), Hopgood textbook hip drop.

Charges are out, anger that Hopgood was simply fined, our players looking at a week. But most agree we should fight Haas' charge.

As the media drum on about it, it's obvious that the NRL wants a scalp. They have been criminally inconsistent with rulings, but they won't dial it back because they will never admit error. So now that an injury has happened, despite being nothing like their own definition, they will say "see, this is why we have been cracking down, to prevent this".

We now have a tackle that was in no way illegal and mostly caused by the attacker's actions, and we are at the point like accepting 1 week is indeed the best outcome because otherwise the NRL will almost certainly make an example of him. And despite it not being anything like a hip drop, the vague charge of "dangerous contact" allows them to apply the charge to any incident whatsoever, regardless of whether it meets the criteria of an illegal tackle or not.

We're essentially trapped in an abusive relationship, complete with gaslighting and manipulation.

Watching that interview with Pat he seemed to take offence with the journo talking about Payne being missing. Said something along the lines of " You dont think we can win without Payno ?
Hope this stirs Patty & the likes of Jensen, Flegler, Kobe & Marty. Would love to see Patty in beast mode this Friday on the field.

Why would you do that ?
We have a solid back up with Arthur's and Mariner is good at breaking tackles and making meters. We need our outside backs support as much as possible.

We have a solid back up with Arthur's and Mariner is good at breaking tackles and making meters. We need our outside backs support as much as possible.

That would be a big fck you to Arthars .
He was in the team till Oates returned .Now you say nah Jesse we are gonna ignore you and give the rookie a go .

If Oates is out I would give Mariner a run at left wing and leave Arthur's 18th man.

Mariner doesn't do any dummy half work at all. His kick returns needs work too- He stuffed up a kick return on Saturday and Pride scored.

He's back on the right last week too because Hoeter was back.

Mariner has improved his running out of his end but still needs work.

As I said before, I’m a massive fan of Mam but outside of a bedshit on debut, I think Madden currently covers Mam fairly comfortably. It’s not like for like but he bring things Mam doesn’t have too. I think that should have little impact on the result..
What makes you say this? Mam hasn’t been super good this season, but he’s done better than my *realistic* expectations, all things considered.

I don’t know much about Madden, but I’ve liked everything I’ve read so far. What makes you think he has him comfortably covered?

(my unrealistic expectations are 2015 milf 2.0 lol)

I`ve only seen Madden play once in NRL .
Last year against the Broncos . He did a lot of things right .

What makes you say this? Mam hasn’t been super good this season, but he’s done better than my *realistic* expectations, all things considered.

I don’t know much about Madden, but I’ve liked everything I’ve read so far. What makes you think he has him comfortably covered?

(my unrealistic expectations are 2015 milf 2.0 lol)
I wasn’t sure if I articulated that point correctly so I’m glad you’ve asked me to clarify.

I didn’t mean to say Madden is better than Mam. I’ve been really happy with Mam’s performance too and I do think he has far more natural gifts (“X factor”) than Madden. Madden imo currently has a more composed approach to the game where as Mam is purely instinct at this stage.

I’m not at all suggesting that Madden should jump Mam in the pecking order, I just mean Mam has had quiet games this season where all he did was tackle and play it safe in attack. This is completely reasonable for a rookie half so I’m not saying it as a criticism. All I’m saying is even in the games Mam played it safe, we still won without needing any big plays from him. To me that means that if Madden comes in, makes his tackles and doesn’t over play his hand in attack then missing Mam for 1 game shouldn’t be an issue.

The team has proven they are capable of winning without Mam standing out this season but we have yet to show we can do it without a big effort from Haas

Dolphins had them on the rack a couple weeks back and fatiguing badly... they just didn't have firepower to take advantage of it.

If we are to win it will need a committed effort from the team as a whole to complete and grind the bunnies down.

They don't like the ball staying in play, which we do like with our improved fitness. We don't like the stop start games, but that is exactly what Souths like.

It's a match up of styles so whichever one is played for the majority of the game is the team that will win.

Covering for Haas simply means increased minutes from our 3 middle forward bench... they haven't actually had to play that many minutes this year.

I hope Kobe is playing more minutes this week as one of the main contributors to cover Haas, then we also have Taupau and Palasia (who can be a workhorse prop).

Patty should probably be brought off at 30mins mark this week, because I think we need him for the backend of the game, so he can't be having his first break at the 50 minute mark.
Nailed it. Most of all, Kev must not burn out Patty & Payne any game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Hoof Hearted
  • PETERN
  • sooticus
  • Fozz
  • johnny plath
  • Alec
  • Behind enemy lines
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  • thenry
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.