Rabbitohs

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
I’m all for Reynolds having a rest as well. All the premiership teams of recent times still rolled on when their main players were out with injuries/suspensions.
Storm have been gash without NAS & one of their halves being out.

Broncos Maestro

Broncos Maestro

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
NRL trying to make a stance... except they fined the worst one of the lot.

So what kind of stance are they trying to make
That they love Trump and Putin’s type of “leadership”?

Broncos Maestro

Broncos Maestro

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Not fully related but listening to ABC Grandstand now with Siebs on-asked about whether he has learnt how to coach and basically said that the players at Manly are like the ones he coached at South’s (mindset and gullibility). Basically implying that it’s his way or the highway.

Just waiting for Manly to start loosing 3 in a row and then we’ll see a sham of a coach he is!

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Does that mean Haas is no longer eligible for the Dally M? If so, we've got to fight his.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Does that mean Haas is no longer eligible for the Dally M? If so, we've got to fight his.
No, but he's sailing close to the wind...if we fight it and lose, he is definitely out of the race. Bullshit of the highest order tbh.

"Any Player who is suspended under the NRL Judiciary Code of Procedure is deducted three (3) Dally M Medal points for each week of suspension.

Any player who is suspended from two (2) or more matches in any one season immediately becomes ineligible for the Dally M Awards
."

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Give me a spell, it's not like he's gonna win it anyway. They will sooner give it to Nicho Hynes for a second year in a row than give it to a Bronco.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Give me a spell, it's not like he's gonna win it anyway. They will sooner give it to Nicho Hynes for a second year in a row than give it to a Bronco.
They've been trying for about 3yrs to give it to Cleary.

His year was when Wighton somehow ended up with it one year... NSWRL were probably looking to change the scoring from that point on

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
They've been trying for about 3yrs to give it to Cleary.

His year was when Wighton somehow ended up with it one year... NSWRL were probably looking to change the scoring from that point on
He certainly deserved it that year.

people saying rest Reyno - are you crazy? No way he opts out vs souths unless he is actually injured!!

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
His first decision or his second, or the third? Because it went like this:
Cobbo breaks a tackle and then gets tackled again by Lane and Brown, he is rolled onto his back where the ref calls "surrender, surrender". Cobbo stands and plays the ball while Lane sticks his foot into the ruck area. Klein calls "Play on. Play the ball" at which time Reynolds picks up the ball. The ref calls "Play on" and the ball is then stripped by Lane and the ref simultaneously blows his whistle before he goes silent and Reynolds turns to the touch judge to ask wtf happened. Reynolds turns immediately around, sticks his finger up and says "Challenge" then asks Klein what happened and Klein says "I called a lost ball" and Reynolds tells him he said "held". Klein replies "Yeah, I know, and he played the ball and he lost it". Reynolds asks "Who lost it? You said 'Play On'". Klein says "Scrums here. let's go". Payne then tries to challenge the decision and is told "Time is up. Captain has to call a challenge and when I was talking to him he didn't say it." Patty and Reynolds reply on the contrary. Play then is forced to continue.

Incompetent or corrupt. Doesn't really matter to the integrity and appearance of the institution.
Maybe get rid of the referees altogether and replace them with something else, for example umpires.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
He certainly deserved it that year.

people saying rest Reyno - are you crazy? No way he opts out vs souths unless he is actually injured!!

I think the logic is if we're going to be without Haas and Mam which makes a win very difficult anyway, we may as well just rest everyone and wear the loss.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
So basically guaranteed we won't be challenging Ezra's then
It wouldn't be smart to challenge that anyway, he was being dragged but the last movement on it he swung in.

If the MRC wasn't a kangaroo court the Haas one would be an easily winnable challenge because it misses the requirements they gave for what equals a hip drop, but the Duty of care trump card will be used which is just a lazy argument killer for them.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I know it looks like a shit show but it's actually a good opportunity for a few guys to step in and stand up.

The top clubs who win premierships usually have to go through these sort of situations, there's an opportunity there for a couple of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.