Rabbitohs

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
I don't think we are as screwed without haas as people think. He's been enormous but last year palasia stepped up during origin and had some standout games. He played 60 minutes through the origin period and averaged 160 meters per game. The return of Oates has given us another middle forward. The rabbitohs don't really play off the back off their forward pack. I think we will still own them in the middle. Big question for kev is if he goes with Madden or rogers. On form in qcup rogers is in front but kev rates NRL experience. Madden should get the call up. Lets hope he delivers but he is no ezra maam. Walsh to have a stand-out performance and to energiser bunny Fatrell into submission

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Willison hasn't played in nearly a month.
In your opinion do you think Broncos should be looking to go shopping for a prop for when Flegler leaves, I don't see Willison being anywhere near the level, even if he would replace Palasia and Jensen and Marty share the 8 rotation.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I don't think we are as screwed without haas as people think. He's been enormous but last year palasia stepped up during origin and had some standout games. He played 60 minutes through the origin period and averaged 160 meters per game. The return of Oates has given us another middle forward. The rabbitohs don't really play off the back off their forward pack. I think we will still own them in the middle. Big question for kev is if he goes with Madden or rogers. On form in qcup rogers is in front but kev rates NRL experience. Madden should get the call up. Lets hope he delivers but he is no ezra maam. Walsh to have a stand-out performance and to energiser bunny Fatrell into submission
Oates coming back is a big help, if Herbie and Oates can do what they did against Parra it takes a huge load off what we ask from Haas.

something crazy that people might not have realised but Herbie and Oates were the ones that did the most attacking runs in our last game, they both had the most meters and most runs, Herbie even beat Haas for Post contact.

We essentially have 5 middles on the field, Cobbo did some work as well but still down on the left boys, if he can catch up a bit more them we are looking good.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
It never ceases to surprise me that some people make comments about the judiciary process without apparently having done any research to understand what the process is that leads to a person being charged and then having to front a judiciay hearing (if they challenge the charge or the grading).

For those that do not understand the match review process, read this:

For those that suggest that the NRL either gives riding instructions to the match review committee and the judiciary panel and that those riding instructions are followed, I call bullshit.

I would find it exceedingly difficult to believe that any of the people involved in either body would allow that to happen. I further suggest that there is very little chance that this could happen and not become public knowledge knowing how much rugby league leaks. Further, if it did happen, and I was on either body and was pressured by anyone to bring about a pre-determined result, I would resign in a very public manner and make it known that this had occurred.

The whole conspiracy against Team A thing is just rubbish. Are the MRC and the judiciary inconsistent - definitely yes (on occasions, they are human not machines); are they potentially incompetent on occasions - arguably yes. Are they intentionally biased against some clubs - no way.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
They are subject to reproach through their own organizational structure. While they're expected to make mistakes - they're human - some can get them demoted, suspended or even sacked. They also have their own coaches.

sure, and that is what we are asking to see evidence of in this case.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

It was funny how Napa had no case to answer for the first time. However when the NRL Chief Executive Todd Greenberg shared his opinion that Napa should have been charged for the first one, the MRC seemed to agree and Napa was charged and later suspended for three matches.

I'm sure it was all coincidental...

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I really think we can afford to challenge the Haas one, I really do. The Mam one just take it, it will be very hard to argue that doesn't fit the idea of a hip drop.

But with Haas, he really doesn't fit any existing standards of a hip drop and especially after that video release which just makes the NRL look like they are highlighting their own incompetence yet again. Regardless, if Haas challenges, one of two things happens:

1. The NRL get a chance to actually back track and save some face on a really bad decision
2. If Haas fails, he gets two weeks of freshening up and we certainly have enough in terms of collective go forward from our backs and middles to cover him to a necessary extent

Without both of them, I am still pretty confident we can win, just not as by much as we could with them both in.

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Bright side of Mam suspension is we'll get to see if Madden has any moxie. The Haas one should be fought and downgraded.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
It never ceases to surprise me that some people make comments about the judiciary process without apparently having done any research to understand what the process is that leads to a person being charged and then having to front a judiciay hearing (if they challenge the charge or the grading).

For those that suggest that the NRL either gives riding instructions to the match review committee and the judiciary panel and that those riding instructions are followed, I call bullshit.

I would find it exceedingly difficult to believe that any of the people involved in either body would allow that to happen. I further suggest that there is very little chance that this could happen and not become public knowledge knowing how much rugby league leaks. Further, if it did happen, and I was on either body and was pressured by anyone to bring about a pre-determined result, I would resign in a very public manner and make it known that this had occurred.

The whole conspiracy against Team A thing is just rubbish. Are the MRC and the judiciary inconsistent - definitely yes (on occasions, they are human not machines); are they potentially incompetent on occasions - arguably yes. Are they intentionally biased against some clubs - no way.
Well I never knew for sure, but it's good to know they do officially use the medical report to determine grading. So if RCG wasn't injured it would have been a grade 1.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018

Agree 100%. I also think the chances of getting an MRC decision overturned - with evidence you presume they overlooked - are pretty low. In Payne's case we risk losing him another week. I wouldn't take that risk with a player so critical to our success, even though I can see a case to present.

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
Bright side of Mam suspension is we'll get to see if Madden has any moxie. The Haas one should be fought and downgraded.
As much as I think we should challenge both the charges, I don’t see us doing that. Kev simply isn’t that kind of coaches like Ricky/Robinson who likes to challenge NRL & the judiciary.
I hope his subordinates & the club make a strong case to defend Haas to get off from suspension but will they take it forward?
Just Do It Its Simple GIF by Kubb&co

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
The judiciary aren't biased, but they ALWAYS react to the NSW media outrage, which is 100% biased against us.

The Carrigan suspension is the perfect example. He was all over the papers and Fox Sports as the evil Bronco trying to end someone's career. Meanwhile the Tatola tackle that put Will Kennedy out for 6 weeks was completely ignored by the media due to the hysteria around Carrigan's tackle. No surprise that the MRC didn't even charge Tatola.

I

Inside pass

BRL Player
Aug 22, 2021
Will they take the early plea or fight it ?
In any event the game needs to sort this out quick time.
Just get the refs to call “ held” a lot earlier and most of the issues go away and we get on with footy again.
Anyway we will be without 4 to 5 over origin so will be interesting to see how we go Friday night against a confident Souths….Big Marty may need to put in some longer harder minutes..hope he can hold up.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
The radical option (and I don't like it but I'm a traditionalist) is to do what the AFL does and make tackle zones between the shoulders and the waist, anything above or below is a penalty. This would of course entirely ruin the game but you know what, the ridiculous penalties that happen probably 95% of the time a player just stays on the ground. It has become soccer already, so why not turn it into the AFL as well.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It's crazy some people want Reynolds rested and have already written this game off because Brisbane are without 2 players. Some teams have been playing without 10 or so players this year. They can win this game.

I'm not one of them. Again, if you look at the likely head to head even with our outs, we are still in it up to our eyeballs (and again, I am trying to be as objective as I can to the point of marking our guys more harshly than I should):

1. Mitchell (Souths)
2. Oates (Broncos)
3. Staggs (Broncos)
4. Graham (Souths)
5. Cobbo (Broncos)
6. Walker (Souths)
7. Reynolds (Broncos)
8. Arrow (Souths)
9. Cook (Souths)
10. Flegler (Broncos)
11. Capewell (Broncos)
12. Riki (Broncos) - this changes if Kolomatangi (sorry about spelling is wrong) is in
13. Murray (Souths)

14. Paix (Broncos)
15. Burgess (Souths)
16. Hetherington (Broncos)
17. Taupau (Broncos)

Some of these are splitting hairs too as both sides have quality everywhere. Haas and Mam put Souths more into the game but we can and should feel confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Cavalo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Rambstien
  • john1420
  • Lostboy
  • Santa
  • MrMoore
  • Harry Sack
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.