Rabbitohs

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Wasn't my suggestion, but you can either be tactical or be macho. Pick one.
We are still a good chance of beating them.

Im possibly Mam’s biggest fan but he’s had plenty of games this year where he was barely visible and we still won. All Madden needs to do is defend well by the standards of a half.

Haas is the obvious biggest loss but south’s forwards aren’t that impressive. They’re back reliant. Flegler Patty Jensen, Hetho Taupau are still enough to roll them if they step up.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
I'm not one of them. Again, if you look at the likely head to head even with our outs, we are still in it up to our eyeballs (and again, I am trying to be as objective as I can to the point of marking our guys more harshly than I should):

1. Mitchell (Souths)
2. Oates (Broncos)
3. Staggs (Broncos)
4. Graham (Souths)
5. Cobbo (Broncos)
6. Walker (Souths)
7. Reynolds (Broncos)
8. Arrow (Souths)
9. Cook (Souths)
10. Flegler (Broncos)
11. Capewell (Broncos)
12. Riki (Broncos) - this changes if Kolomatangi (sorry about spelling is wrong) is in
13. Murray (Souths)

14. Paix (Broncos)
15. Burgess (Souths)
16. Hetherington (Broncos)
17. Taupau (Broncos)

Some of these are splitting hairs too as both sides have quality everywhere. Haas and Mam put Souths more into the game but we can and should feel confident.
Agree, can't wait for this game. The Mam suspension is crazy but I am excited to see Madden play. Would be great for him to have a good game and keep some pressure on Mam.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
It never ceases to surprise me that some people make comments about the judiciary process without apparently having done any research to understand what the process is that leads to a person being charged and then having to front a judiciay hearing (if they challenge the charge or the grading).

For those that do not understand the match review process, read this:

For those that suggest that the NRL either gives riding instructions to the match review committee and the judiciary panel and that those riding instructions are followed, I call bullshit.

I would find it exceedingly difficult to believe that any of the people involved in either body would allow that to happen. I further suggest that there is very little chance that this could happen and not become public knowledge knowing how much rugby league leaks. Further, if it did happen, and I was on either body and was pressured by anyone to bring about a pre-determined result, I would resign in a very public manner and make it known that this had occurred.

The whole conspiracy against Team A thing is just rubbish. Are the MRC and the judiciary inconsistent - definitely yes (on occasions, they are human not machines); are they potentially incompetent on occasions - arguably yes. Are they intentionally biased against some clubs - no way.
Yea, people seem to forget that Hass and Mam aren't the first ones to be suspended for soft "hip drops" this year.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Seems we are taking the early plea on both according to nein
This is the smart move. We are four competition points ahead on the ladder and have the most wins by far. Will do Payne and Ezra good having a spell for only one week, if the suspension was more than one week we might have well contested it. We are still a threat against souths with Palasia (who was great last week after a shit start to the season). He has performed for us before while Haas was out during origin playing 60 minutes. I would expect Jensen, Flegler, Carrigan to start with Hetherington, Taupau and Palasia on the bench. Madden in for Maam although I would honestly prefer Josh Rogers. I feel Madden is slightly overrated, kind of like a poor mans brodie croft.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
It never ceases to surprise me that some people make comments about the judiciary process without apparently having done any research to understand what the process is that leads to a person being charged and then having to front a judiciay hearing (if they challenge the charge or the grading).

For those that do not understand the match review process, read this:

For those that suggest that the NRL either gives riding instructions to the match review committee and the judiciary panel and that those riding instructions are followed, I call bullshit.

I would find it exceedingly difficult to believe that any of the people involved in either body would allow that to happen. I further suggest that there is very little chance that this could happen and not become public knowledge knowing how much rugby league leaks. Further, if it did happen, and I was on either body and was pressured by anyone to bring about a pre-determined result, I would resign in a very public manner and make it known that this had occurred.

The whole conspiracy against Team A thing is just rubbish. Are the MRC and the judiciary inconsistent - definitely yes (on occasions, they are human not machines); are they potentially incompetent on occasions - arguably yes. Are they intentionally biased against some clubs - no way.

Plus the Anti Queenslander Bob Lindner is the one making the calls.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Will they take the early plea or fight it ?
In any event the game needs to sort this out quick time.
Just get the refs to call “ held” a lot earlier and most of the issues go away and we get on with footy again.
Anyway we will be without 4 to 5 over origin so will be interesting to see how we go Friday night against a confident Souths….Big Marty may need to put in some longer harder minutes..hope he can hold up.

WTF ? Call held ?
Fair enough if the attackers momentum is stopped and the ball is wrapped up .
Not the case in either of Mam or Haas`s case . Mam was getting dragged behind and RCG was driving for the try line . Just call held ? Yeah ,,, nah .

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
The radical option (and I don't like it but I'm a traditionalist) is to do what the AFL does and make tackle zones between the shoulders and the waist, anything above or below is a penalty. This would of course entirely ruin the game but you know what, the ridiculous penalties that happen probably 95% of the time a player just stays on the ground. It has become soccer already, so why not turn it into the AFL as well.

The rule is if you stay down you get HIA `d .
So not as much advantage to laying down . As there is in soccer . Although it could be used strategically to save an interchange . But the player cannot sub back on for 15 minutes so it could back fire .

I

Inside pass

BRL Player
Aug 22, 2021
The radical option (and I don't like it but I'm a traditionalist) is to do what the AFL does and make tackle zones between the shoulders and the waist, anything above or below is a penalty. This would of course entirely ruin the game but you know what, the ridiculous penalties that happen probably 95% of the time a player just stays on the ground. It has become soccer already, so why not turn it into the AFL as well.
The problem with the AFL tackle zone is the difference in where the ball is carried..every league tackler has to stop the off load so someone has to go higher and so many times the arm then slips up to the head just with contact momentum. They banned the cannon ball tackle which was intended to lock up the ball and also bring the player down. With duty of care issues being so much in vogue now. I am FIIK where we end up while still keeping some semblance of a game and contest.
Maybe something like so many seconds after lock on contact the refs must call “ held” but gee we are making a simple game so complex and subjective to interpretation

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
The problem with the AFL tackle zone is the difference in where the ball is carried..every league tackler has to stop the off load so someone has to go higher and so many times the arm then slips up to the head just with contact momentum. They banned the cannon ball tackle which was intended to lock up the ball and also bring the player down. With duty of care issues being so much in vogue now. I am FIIK where we end up while still keeping some semblance of a game and contest.
Maybe something like so many seconds after lock on contact the refs must call “ held” but gee we are making a simple game so complex and subjective to interpretation
simple, just ban the offload!

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Magic Round shaping up to be another top of the table clash. Walters v Seibold.

Who's writing this script?

ScreenScreenshot 2023 04 23 at 09 10 37 Draw

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Seems we are taking the early plea on both according to nein
It was never going to go any other way. It's hard to imagine a situation where the club would challenge the MRC, despite what we fans think we saw.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
It was never going to go any other way. It's hard to imagine a situation where the club would challenge the MRC, despite what we fans think we saw.
to much of a shit shoot on what result you are going to get imo hopgood getting kissed on the dick is a prime example of why it is just not worth it.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I know it looks like a shit show but it's actually a good opportunity for a few guys to step in and stand up.

The top clubs who win premierships usually have to go through these sort of situations, there's an opportunity there for a couple of players.

Exactly this. The good sides carry on and win games even losing their best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • thenry
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Cavalo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Rambstien
  • john1420
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.