NEWS Pre-season Challenge 1: Broncos 24 drew Titans 24

ScreenFoVs2M1aYAE6UDT

NRL Pre-season Challenge 1: TITANS - Feb 12, 7:05pm (Sunshine Coast)

Broadcast on Fox/Kayo only.

Travis Meyn:

"Cory Paix will get first crack at Brisbane’s No. 9 jersey as coach Kevin Walters prepares to roll out a star-studded team for the Broncos’ first proper trial. Paix will start at hooker ahead of Billy Walters against the Gold Coast Titans at Sunshine Coast Stadium on Sunday night. The dummy-half duties are the only position seemingly up for grabs in Brisbane’s best 17, with Walters to run his eye over Paix and his son Billy. Reece Walsh will start at fullback while Walters is also expected to play prop Payne Haas, who sat out last year’s World Cup to recover from shoulder injuries."​
must be keen for the 100k

Travis Meyn:

"Cory Paix will get first crack at Brisbane’s No. 9 jersey as coach Kevin Walters prepares to roll out a star-studded team for the Broncos’ first proper trial. Paix will start at hooker ahead of Billy Walters against the Gold Coast Titans at Sunshine Coast Stadium on Sunday night. The dummy-half duties are the only position seemingly up for grabs in Brisbane’s best 17, with Walters to run his eye over Paix and his son Billy. Reece Walsh will start at fullback while Walters is also expected to play prop Payne Haas, who sat out last year’s World Cup to recover from shoulder injuries."​
The only position up for grabs my fucking arse. Every fucking position is sorted except the one he has copped the most criticism over for favouritism towards his kid.

He must think the fans are twice as stupid as he is.

The ONLY position.

FoVs2M1aYAE6UDT

Broncos Team List: Pre-season v Titans​

The Broncos will welcome back a host of NRL talent headlined by recruits Reece Walsh and Martin Taupau for Sunday evening’s Pre-season Challenge clash with the Gold Coast Titans at Sunshine Coast Stadium. After notching a 44-12 win in the opening trial of the 2023 season last Saturday against Wynnum with a team of emerging talent, the Broncos have named no less than 11 players from their NRL Top 30 list to play their first game of the season this Sunday.​
Payne Haas will Captain the team that will also feature fullback Walsh and prop Taupau, as well as 2022 first grade regulars Kotoni Staggs, Herbie Farnworth, Ezra Mam, Thomas Flegler, Cory Paix, Corey Jensen and Billy Walters.​
Jordan Pereira will start on the wing after playing five games at NRL level for the Broncos last year, with exciting young speedster Deine Mariner filling the other wing spot after impressing in last Saturday’s trial win over the Seagulls.​
Also rewarded for strong performances in the opening trial with starting spots against the Titans are hard-running backrower Shalom O’Ofou, playmaker Jack Ahearn and fellow experienced Hostplus Cup performer Brendan Frei.​

I actually really like Jack Ahearn but unless he is injured there is not really a forgivable reason as to why Jock wouldn't be playing this game. Excited to see all of 16 through to 22 this weekend and glad we are getting a few of the better boys playing, can't be too timid about injuries.

Edit: Payne as captain I think is good man management from Kev, Haas despite your opinions of him, on-field has always given his best for us and it a nice little reward for that as well as trying to get him to not only up his game off the field but also support him through the tough time he would be going through right now.

I actually really like Jack Ahearn but unless he is injured there is not really a forgivable reason as to why Jock wouldn't be playing this game. Excited to see all of 16 through to 22 this weekend and glad we are getting a few of the better boys playing, can't be too timid about injuries.

Edit: Payne as captain I think is good man management from Kev, Haas despite your opinions of him, on-field has always given his best for us and it a nice little reward for that as well as trying to get him to not only up his game off the field but also support him through the tough time he would be going through right now.
Yeah, Jock not even being named is an odd one. Even if the plan is to run with mam and ahearn for the majority of the game, I'd have expected him to be named somewhere between 17 and 22.

Yeah, Jock not even being named is an odd one. Even if the plan is to run with mam and ahearn for the majority of the game, I'd have expected him to be named somewhere between 17 and 22.
Yeah but he is our back up halfback the only excusable reason not to play him was if there was genuine doubts Reyno won't be available round 1 which other than his sore back I can't see why there would be.

Forget about smoothy v sailor we really need some 2nd row depth. We got a rookie, a veteran who is known to carry the odd injury and a guy who shouldn’t play 80. It’s scary skinny

Is Piakura nursing some sort of injury? He was scrapped from the game against Wynnum & I at that thought that he’s being held back to give a shot against Titans this week but he’s nowhere to be found in the team list announced. What’s with him?

Is Piakura nursing some sort of injury? He was scrapped from the game against Wynnum & I at that thought that he’s being held back to give a shot against Titans this week but he’s nowhere to be found in the team list announced. What’s with him?
I think it was @1910 who said "Piakura = Boils" in the game chat so I think he must have boils. Can't catch a break the poor bugger. Chances are as well if he was playing last week the plan was never for him to play this week.

Unless Kev is using this game to give Ahern a chance to stake his claim for a deal, Reynolds probably won't play next week so Madden gets a run then. Still would of liked to see him play this game though.

I'm really interested to see how Paix goes of course and Walsh but what I'm really most interested in, seriously, is how Mariner goes at 5. If he has another blinder like last week, Cobbo will need to look over his shoulder.

I'm really interested to see how Paix goes of course and Walsh but what I'm really most interested in, seriously, is how Mariner goes at 5. If he has another blinder like last week, Cobbo will need to look over his shoulder.
My first thought too. Keen to see him play wing.

You're not serious are you? Fucken stupid talk. Mind you Selwyn is good at that but Selwyn is in a different stratosphere to Deine having a good game against arguably nearly a BRL side.

Active Now

• Dash
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bish
  • Old Mate
  • Morepudding
  • RolledOates
  • Allo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.