NEWS Pre-season Challenge 2: vs COWBOYS, Sat Feb 18, 7:55pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fo5wQPCX0AAKx 8

NRL Pre-season Challenge 2: COWBOYS - Feb 18, 7:55pm (Sunshine Coast)

Broadcast on Fox/Kayo only.

Reynolds:

“I’m good to go. I’ve got some nerve pain in my back but there’s no damage. The pre-season has gone well and my body is feeling fine overall. I won’t require any treatment to play in round 1.”​

Capewell:

“He is getting a bit old. ’Reyno’ seemed to train OK, but he must have pulled up a bit stiff the next morning. I don’t think it’s a concern. He is a pretty experienced player and as good as it would be to have him there, he is hardly going to miss much of the season hopefully.”​
“Jock has taken to the role really well since he got here. He has learnt from Reyno and I am excited to be playing with him. Jock is a real livewire, he is fast-footed and he controls his edge really well at training. I’m excited to see how he goes.”​
Reading through Capewell's quote it was all going well until "he controls his edge really well"....

I would've preferred hearing "he gets us around the park really well... he's barking orders at the forwards, pushing them into position and communicates well... he always wants his hands on the ball", etc.

Im hoping hes not just another cookie cutter half that is only comfortable playing on an edge and waiting for the ball to come to him.

Get ready Jock Cptn / Coach Reynolds is held together with gaffa tape and hope .
You`re in for a big season son .

Reading through Capewell's quote it was all going well until "he controls his edge really well"....

I would've preferred hearing "he gets us around the park really well... he's barking orders at the forwards, pushing them into position and communicates well... he always wants his hands on the ball", etc.

Im hoping hes not just another cookie cutter half that is only comfortable playing on an edge and waiting for the ball to come to him.

Go back and watch this ...

Or this if you get the time .

Go back and watch this ...

Or this if you get the time .

Why would you want to put me through such torture again....

My memories from that game were him playing more like a 6 on the edge and running and supporting well... I'd need to go back and see if he had any sort of kicking game... long kicking that is, short kicking is par for the course now with short dropouts and mostly occurring to exploit fullbacks out of position... whereas long kicking wins you field position which wins you games in Vlando ball.

I'd also need to go back and see if he ever moved from his edge to play some first receiver or if he just camped out there waiting for it.

From memory Hastings was the first receiver as a 13 and all over the place in that team... and Douehi was the attack's focal point on the right.

Can also remember the tigers were all over us from an intensity point of view and we couldn't handle it as a team... playing as a half with full momentum must be a dream in Vlando ball... he's not going to get that every week with this Broncos team and their weak mentality

Get ready Jock Cptn / Coach Reynolds is held together with gaffa tape and hope .
You`re in for a big season son .
God help us if our season is riding on Jock Madden. I'd prefer a busted ARey, thank you very much.

All reasonable points, but I would say the NRL can’t really do shit about how a coach uses their bench.

Not so long ago, Stuart if memory serves me correctly, took one of his players off the field in the final 10 or so minutes just to get the team prepared for the possibility they may have to play a finals match down a player.

Besides, even if the NRL wanted to, the club could just say they felt a twinge and so they brought them off as a precautionary measure. That legitimately (well, I assume) happens every now and then as it is.
I meant, rather, that trials are the only time teams can pull someone off without risking competition points. Of course a coach can take a player off whenever they like, but the NRL (competition) isn't going to be nice about it like they are in trials, there are stakes.

The fewest number of games he's played in a year was 16 in 2016.

2012-27 (27)
2013-26 (26)
2014-26 (27)
2015-18 (25)
2016-16 (24)
2017-21 (24)
2018-24 (27)
2019-25 (27)
2020-23 (23)
2021-25 (27)
2022-20 (24)

251 games out of 281. 89%.

He has a lot of niggles and soreness but he's an old halfback- they all do.
This adds to my point. He has put through a lot of games, yet they still only trusted him for 12 more months. They obviously looked at more than your fun little stats here.

Must be a reason they only offered a club legend 12 months.

God help us if our season is riding on Jock Madden. I'd prefer a busted ARey, thank you very much.

Yep . He did great at the end of last season .
How many games was it the Broncos lost and dropped out of the 8 ?

Twice in those highlights Jock exploited the busted ARey for tries ...

But yeah it was Tesi`s fault . LOL .

Walters:

“No-one really jumped out of the ground at hooker. That’s one of the jumpers that is wide open at this stage. We need a little bit of creativity out of dummy half from our nines and it’s another area they have been working hard. It’s horses for courses, there is not much between all three of them (Paix, Walters and Smoothy)."​
“When you play hooker, it’s not so much about the individual plays, but being a team player and that’s what we are looking for as well. All the guys are highly talented and I’m happy with the progress they have made. The trials are an opportunity for them to showcase their skills and push forward as individuals.”​

Mozer:
“Cam Smith has always been my hero. If I had to choose someone from the Broncos, I would say Darren Lockyer, but being a hooker, I loved watching Cam Smith. I liked the fact he wasn’t the fastest player, but he didn’t have to use speed or strength to get the better of his opponents. He just used his brain and his knowledge of the game and that’s how I like to play my footy, I like to out-think the opposition. I see my future at the Broncos. I would love to debut for the Broncos this year and hopefully spend my entire career with the club.”​

Walters:

“No-one really jumped out of the ground at hooker. That’s one of the jumpers that is wide open at this stage. We need a little bit of creativity out of dummy half from our nines and it’s another area they have been working hard. It’s horses for courses, there is not much between all three of them (Paix, Walters and Smoothy)."​
“When you play hooker, it’s not so much about the individual plays, but being a team player and that’s what we are looking for as well. All the guys are highly talented and I’m happy with the progress they have made. The trials are an opportunity for them to showcase their skills and push forward as individuals.”​

Mozer:
“Cam Smith has always been my hero. If I had to choose someone from the Broncos, I would say Darren Lockyer, but being a hooker, I loved watching Cam Smith. I liked the fact he wasn’t the fastest player, but he didn’t have to use speed or strength to get the better of his opponents. He just used his brain and his knowledge of the game and that’s how I like to play my footy, I like to out-think the opposition. I see my future at the Broncos. I would love to debut for the Broncos this year and hopefully spend my entire career with the club.”​
Mozer to Melbourne if Grant moves on then.

I can tell you now Renolds is moving around Twin Waters very slowly and there is no foxing here. He's done something to the nerve.
I wonder why it keeps happening just before the start of the season with him? I don’t feel good about this.

Mozer to Melbourne if Grant moves on then.
We can't let that happen......
we simply won't.

That said...the kid hasn;t played against men yet.
We really dont know.
Hoping he gets his chance at some stage this year......

This adds to my point. He has put through a lot of games, yet they still only trusted him for 12 more months. They obviously looked at more than your fun little stats here.

Must be a reason they only offered a club legend 12 months.

1. they were gun shy after being burned by long term deals to GI and Burgess, who then got injured and cost them a fortune

2. they never really believed ARey would leave and they took advantage of that fact.

3. they fell into the trap that has hit a few sides in recent years (including us), but putting all their eggs in the bosket of a rookie.

1. they were gun shy after being burned by long term deals to GI and Burgess, who then got injured and cost them a fortune

If ARey wasn't prone...that wouldn;t have been an issue
yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Thelmus
  • Manlyman
  • NSW stables
  • Broncs1459
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.