Pre-season injuries

ozzball

ozzball

QCup Player
Mar 17, 2013
Not the most cheerful thread on the site but I thought it might be an idea to have a spot where we can post any updates regarding injuries to any of the guys leading up to the new season.

As a starter is there any news on the reasons why Ben Barba and Jordan Kahu limped away from training a couple of days ago ... can't seem to find any posts.

Barba told the media there was no need to be alarmed. He said he is not over the operation yet and went off early to ice his ankle.
Kahu felt either a twinge or tightness in his hamstring and left the field early as a precaution

Barba told the media there was no need to be alarmed. He said he is not over the operation yet and went off early to ice his ankle.
Kahu felt either a twinge or tightness in his hamstring and left the field early as a precaution

Thanks mate ... obviously I'm reading the wrong posts :)

Oates in Origin camp this weekend on minimal duty.
Taylor not in camp as selected left arm is still in sling.
Kennedy rolled ankle yesterday.
Hodges in rehab group.

Has kennedy rolled his ankle again?

Oates in Origin camp this weekend on minimal duty.
Taylor not in camp as selected left arm is still in sling.
Kennedy rolled ankle yesterday.
Hodges in rehab group.

The bubble wrap is in play.

I heard from a mate that Kennedy broke his ankle.

Anyone know if that is true?

He rolled it from what we have heard

I hope that's all it is. It would be a real shame for one of our biggest recruits to sit out most of the season before playing a single game.

The forward pack needs Kennedy.

seems like kennedy is fine judging by the picture the broncos twitter just posted. "kennedy striding out"

So Maranta's crocked and Kennedy's crook ?

i suppose kahu injury can be discussed here

sounds like he's being positive

jordan kahu@JordanKahu 2m
Thanks you EVERYONE for the kind wishes. Need you all to keep fingers and toes crossed for me!

MCL tear for Kahu. At least it isn't the ACL!

SCANS today have confirmed Jordan Kahu has a serious knee injury but it could have been worse for the unlucky young Bronco.
Kahu tore his medial collateral ligament (MCL) in the trial against the Cowboys on Saturday night, with fears he could be out for the season.
However medical staff believe with an operation next week he could be seen early in the NRL season, perhaps by round four.
"He is going to have some surgery in a week or two," said Broncos' head coach Anthony Griffin this afternoon.
"He has got a torn MCL which is going to put him out for about eight weeks.
"They need to let the knee settle down over the next week before they can do the surgery.
"So it will be into the season before we will see him again.
Kahu has had two previous knee reconstructions, one suffered in an NYC competition game and the other in another trial at Redcliffe two years ago.
Griffin rued the young star's luck, but says he will be back.
"You just feel for him at this point," he said.
"We were all just hoping he would get up and be okay when we saw him go down.
"He is such a great kid, has a great attitude - it's just not good to see him go through these things again.
"But he won't have any trouble going through the rehab."
The Broncos will announce their team for the Auckland Nines tomorrow.

That good news. Glad he isn't out for the year. It still wrecks his whole pre season though

Active Now

• Maddy
  • Griffo
  • Manofoneway
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Stix
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bucking Beads
  • Inknition
  • BroncosAlways
  • MrTickyMcG
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • levikaden
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Galah
  • Swordfish
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.