Pre-season

Edit: Quoted a deleted post

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: Quoted a deleted post

Last edited by a moderator:
Why isn't the captain getting the talk in the group and following up the stragglers. Need a loud leader, we tried the strong silent type with Boyd, lets get a C. Smith type prick ripping it up them.
Whos the captain?

all you've proven is that you are no leader and not a team player
I feel personally attacked by this.

this post is very similar to a number of other posts I have seen from yourself, probably not becoming of a ‘staff member’

Last edited:
“Don’t you ***** let me down” C. Smith to his Roo’s team as they entered the tunnel.

Helps me to respect him more.
Complete opposite for me.
I mean for starters, the word 'respect' doesn't belong in the same sentence as C.Smith unless it includes "lack of".
But the bigger issue for me is that this comment makes it about him. Real leadership is the opposite of this. Real leaders make it about their people, not themselves. And a real leader would command such respect from his people that they would be motivated by him, and would 'do it for him' but they wouldn't have to be told by him!

"Don't you ***** let me down"....... just fans the flames of the already well lit fire that this guy is a self entitled egotistical fuckwit.

Allow them? Who the **** do you think you are?

it’s ridiculous to expect them to be throwing around chat when they’re in the middle of a hill sprint in 35 degree heat
I'm pretty sure the whole point of that exercise is to have them suffer, and THEN get them talking and LISTENING. If you look at what their driving them for, it isn't times or fitness.
They are pairing different levels of stamina together and then driving a response.
Whether it will work, we will have to see, but the bloke running it has been around a long time.
I prefer it to heavy metal music and bland talk about everyone being "equal".
Talk was definitely missing last year and when it was happening no one was listening.
You can blame Darius, the coach and your fellow team mates, but if you can't learn how to respond to communication under stress, nothing changes.

Kevie standing quietly by watching tells you he’s Absolutely looking for chat and blokes setting examples/ helping out. not chatting about your missus baby shower she went too on the weekend. Talking about someone finishing ahead and instead of grabbing some water he runs back to help set a pace for the slower lot or at least yelling out encouraging words.

75th minute defending your line after a repeat set. I WANNA SEE CHAT

I'm pretty sure the whole point of that exercise is to have them suffer, and THEN get them talking and LISTENING. If you look at what their driving them for, it isn't times or fitness.
They are pairing different levels of stamina together and then driving a response.
Whether it will work, we will have to see, but the bloke running it has been around a long time.
I prefer it to heavy metal music and bland talk about everyone being "equal".
Talk was definitely missing last year and when it was happening no one was listening.
You can blame Darius, the coach and your fellow team mates, but if you can't learn how to respond to communication under stress, nothing changes.
I too prefer this training to the pus pies put out.

I was more just trying to make the point it’s was a bit silly to find something to complain about in a few snippets of training. Not enough talk etc

I too prefer this training to the pus pies put out.

I was more just trying to make the point it’s was a bit silly to find something to complain about in a few snippets of training. Not enough talk etc
I take your point about a limited selection of viewing, and I may be wrong about it's purpose (though I'm fairly confident), but short of joining in (Albert Kelly would suddenly feel a whole lot fitter) we can only interpret what we see.

Whos the captain?
No-one that I know yet, but it is time for those who want the job to put up their hand and take it. Think Dana White saying "Don't let the fight go to the judges", make the case to Kevvie that you are the man, when the shit hits the fan, who will lift the team to make that second effort, and do it by encouraging those around you, not doing the job by yourself. It's what hard pre-seasons should show.

No-one that I know yet, but it is time for those who want the job to put up their hand and take it. Think Dana White saying "Don't let the fight go to the judges", make the case to Kevvie that you are the man, when the shit hits the fan, who will lift the team to make that second effort, and do it by encouraging those around you, not doing the job by yourself. It's what hard pre-seasons should show.
Not many leaders in the experienced blokes....id stick with carrigan maybe.....needs to rev these flops up though

We might lack in the leadership front for awhile without a key signing. It will be down to Kevvie to install the culture to back it up.

If only we had left over money for someone like Widdop that would be ideal.

Last edited:
If only we had left over money for someone like Widdop that would be ideal.

Kevvie is still talking about potential making signing ... we must have some money left over.

maybe is is looking for something different than Widdop

Active Now

• davidp
  • Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • broncos4life
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • PETERN
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mustafur
  • broncsgoat
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.