Pre-season

Here I was trying to envision how a reverse sweep play would look in Rugby League...
Not a bad shout really, I can see how it could work. In fact I recall a play we used to do at school which fits the reverse sweep analogy 🤣

They've tried to use Lodge as a ball-playing forward a few times but he's so slow getting to the line that the players typically peel off pretty quickly and rush Milford. It's why Asiata could potentially be the buy of the season because he plays very similarly to Adam Blair who was the key behind Milford's rise in form.

I'm struggling to think of any instance where Lodge's ball-playing was actually productive. I believe he set up a try for Milford against Cronulla in Cronulla back in 2018. Otherwise the only other memorable example that comes to mind is the intercept he threw on his club debut to effectively ruin any chance of a comeback against the Dragons.

Here I was trying to envision how a reverse sweep play would look in Rugby League...
It’s a tough play to execute, but basically it’s where you somehow manage to allow the opposition to score a 90 or so metre try off your stuttering sweep play.

I’m also almost certain that it would have happened to the 2020 Broncos.

Last edited:
Ricki

He has stacked on a few KG!

Is this body shape a good idea? Quads for go and biceps for show?

Genuine Q as carrying that much muscle around on the upper body is going to burn a lot of energy.

Ryan Matterson is really the only top-tier 2nd rower I can think of that has massive arms, it's definitely not the typical build you see these days.

Is this body shape a good idea? Quads for go and biceps for show?

Genuine Q as carrying that much muscle around on the upper body is going to burn a lot of energy.
Sbw

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Skathen
  • Hurrijo
  • HarryAllan7
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fitzy
  • jarro65
  • Manifesto
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosgirl
  • whykickamoocow
  • the_next
  • Bucking Beads
  • peter09
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.