Pre-season

Why is Herbie Farnworth in the UK?

Also, anyone else just look at these recent additions and this squad and think it absolutely stinks?

Last edited:
spending xmas with his family i guess?

Will need to hotel quarantine for 14 days when he comes back so I’m surprised he got permission - that’s all. That’s a lot of missed training with the group (Yes I realise he has got his own program but it’s not the same).

A club that just picked up the wooden spoon really just going from bad to unprofessional.

Last edited:
Will need to hotel quarantine for 14 days when he comes back so I’m surprised he got permission - that’s all. That’s a lot of missed training with the group (Yes I realise he has got his own program but it’s not the same).

A club that just picked up the wooden spoon really just going from bad to unprofessional.
I think you’ll find he’s already back in Oz and doing his quarantine.

EDIT: Actually, I’m not sure he is back in Oz - apparently he had to go into lockdown again over there so not sure what his current status is.

Last edited:

I'm all for sinking the boot into this disgrace of a club but this is a time I will defend them. This return home has hopefully recharged his batteries by being away from this club and the horrible season that just was and spend needed time with family and friends, albeit during covid times.

The dude is only 20 years old so the club let him spend time with his family over Christmas... Are you serious?

I think you’ll find he’s already back in Oz and doing his quarantine.

EDIT: Actually, I’m not sure he is back in Oz - apparently he had to go into lockdown again over there so not sure what his current status is.

He's back in Brisbane at a hotel already quarantining.

Bit harsh, the poor bugger has been away from his family during 2020. For the sake of his mental health he was allowed to travel back to England and refresh. The club should be applauded for this.

He will be back in time for the intense pre season training.

Bit harsh, the poor bugger has been away from his family during 2020. For the sake of his mental health he was allowed to travel back to England and refresh. The club should be applauded for this.

He will be back in time for the intense pre season training.

Not really. This is pro rugby league in the best competition in the world. I’m not having a go at Herbie. I’m having a go at our incompetent club. Losers warming seats who seem content with our mediocrity.

Not really. This is pro rugby league in the best competition in the world. I’m not having a go at Herbie. I’m having a go at our incompetent club. Losers warming seats who seem content with our mediocrity.
Herbie is one of the few young guys who didn’t squeeze every penny out of the club and put the heat on the club like he was leaving unless they paid him enough. Plus while he’s been over there he has apparently been training his ass off. He has the exact attitude we need and he deserves to be rewarded for it.

There are enough reasons to have a pop at the Broncos for at the moment but having Herbie isolate for 2 weeks during the Christmas/New Year period to enable him to visit family isn't one of them. If we come last or miss the 8 in 2021 it won't be because of the ~7 days of training Farnworth missed at the start of January.

No way Melbourne is letting a member of their starting 13 do this during pre-season. No wonder they are at the top and we are at the bottom.

No way Melbourne is letting a member of their starting 13 do this during pre-season. No wonder they are at the top and we are at the bottom.
Have Melbourne had any English wingers who have family in England during a pandemic? It’s a unique set of circumstances, it’s not like he’s gone over there for a holiday. It’s particularly unique with Herbie given that his uncle who has a good relationship with Herbie and the broncos lives over there and was training him. Players aren’t cattle mate.

Farnworth is one of the only players who actually EARNED his keep last year too so just reward for him. He's also someone I'd trust to keep up his training, unlike 99% of the squad. Therefore, I don't see much harm in it, in fact it's a good thing. He will work even harder to repay the favour I believe, seems his personality, and he will be refreshed...

Last edited:
I am not quite sure if you are fishing for argument or trying to stir a few people.

We have forum members currently complaining about players not showing loyalty/seeking dollars or half arsing it on the field and here we have a young kid, away from home, who turned down the higher dollars to stay with the team and puts the effort in on the field and you are going to give him and the club grief about letting him visit his family who he has not seen for at least a year? As others have said, the broncos have done plenty wrong but this isnt one of those.

Why would you show a club who treats you like shit loyalty? You will be a more attractive club to players if you show that you actual value them and support them.

And melbourne do do it, i think the bromwich's were back in NZ until the beginning of jan last year, or the year before. All teams do it.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jedhead
  • NSW stables
  • Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
  • jd87
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Fitzy
  • broncotville
  • Dony Eliakim
  • LittleDavey
  • Browny
  • phoenix
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Mister Wright
  • Dash
  • Manofoneway
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.