Pre-Season

Did we get an update on Ben te Kura?

From whom? The club is useless at updating us on injuries even during the season and there seems to be ****-all journalists tasked with covering the Broncos right now.

From whom? The club is useless at updating us on injuries even during the season and there seems to be ****-all journalists tasked with covering the Broncos right now.
Helpful really

The club and fans are barely on speaking terms right now. They haven't even announced Tyson Smoothy yet. Have they ever mentioned Ben Te Kura?
I would say its a pragmatic choice IMO. We have had too many players hyped up - then to crash and or be poached or player manager throw toys out of the cot.

Its offseason, there were far too many anecdotes last season of "we know whats wrong"/"anything but top 8 is a failure"/"we understand the issues"/"training the house down" etc. Better to keep mouths shut and attitude hungry.

He's training with no issues. Are you getting Te Kura and Willison mixed up? Willison's shoulders are worse than Riggs in Lethal Weapon.

Played MM- seven games, prop and second row- game against Dolphins was excellent with I dare say Karl as his offsider and his final against Souths.

Moved up to Colts- Four Colts games- great against Blackhawks in the last round when Norths couldn't make finals but he went hard against Townsville who were the premiers in a few weeks.

ISC-Four games- defence held up but attack was a steep learning curve.

He's training with no issues. Are you getting Te Kura and Willison mixed up? Willison's shoulders are worse than Riggs in Lethal Weapon.

Played MM- seven games, prop and second row- game against Dolphins was excellent with I dare say Karl as his offsider and his final against Souths.

Moved up to Colts- Four Colts games- great against Blackhawks in the last round when Norths couldn't make finals but he went hard against Townsville who were the premiers in a few weeks.

We had a report yesterday he was carried off training

There was a report yesterday that Te Kura was carried off the field with a leg injury

From what I’ve seen, Te Kura looks good. Tall and mobile. Not sure anyone else will agree but he has a bit of Brad Thorn about him in my opinion.

I would say its a pragmatic choice IMO. We have had too many players hyped up - then to crash and or be poached or player manager throw toys out of the cot.

Its offseason, there were far too many anecdotes last season of "we know whats wrong"/"anything but top 8 is a failure"/"we understand the issues"/"training the house down" etc. Better to keep mouths shut and attitude hungry.
I don't think there's any merit in failing to announce signings or keeping fans up to date on injuries. If anything, it's a little insulting to the player.

The Smoothy case is particularly perplexing. It's no secret he's signed with us. Mentioned in various stories, etc. But not a peep from the club. Maybe it's because he's been relegated to development. Still wouldn't kill them to give their fledglings a fluff.

They're not keeping their mouths shut about the "training down the house" stuff. They're still trotting out players to face the press gallery.

Something to get you through pre-season. Can score a try, the big fella.

Active Now

• BroncosMan
  • Rookie Alan
  • Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Hurrijo
  • Griffo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.